[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Women Drivers

Donutrun Jellies

In Matt Crossman's article "Back On Track" in The Sporting News, he says "Let's instead concentrate again on what makes NASCAR so intriguing: the wicked-fast cars and the men who drive them and the spectacle that is the Daytona 500."

Hmmm. " ... the men who drive them ... " :D Women can drive cars ...

Sooooo,

1) What is preventing women from racing in NASCAR?

2) How soon will we see a woman driver be competitive in NASCAR?

3) How long until we have a female winner of a televised NASCAR race?

In Matt Crossman's article "Back On Track" in The Sporting News, he says "Let's instead concentrate again on what makes NASCAR so intriguing: the wicked-fast cars and the men who drive them and the spectacle that is the Daytona 500."

Hmmm.  " ... the men who drive them ... " :D  Women can drive cars ...

Sooooo,

711147[/snapback]

Answers:

1) NASCAR. Millions of NASCAR fans. God.

2) Never.

3) Never + infinity.

711147[/snapback]

(1) Women are too smart to want to participate in such a stupid and useless "sport."

(2) See answer to (1) above.

(3) See answer to (1) above.

:D

Answers:

1)  NASCAR.  Millions of NASCAR fans.  God.

2)  Never.

3)  Never + infinity.

711983[/snapback]

(1)  Women are too smart to want to participate in such a stupid and useless "sport."

(2)  See answer to (1) above.

(3)  See answer to (1) above.

712421[/snapback]

Pretty much... :D

(1)  Women are too smart to want to participate in such a stupid and useless "sport."

712421[/snapback]

Amen to that, I suppose! I think of NASCAR as "an activity" rather than "a sport" ... and I wish they wouldn't use up the pages of my sporting news with coverage of it ... but after it's been in the bathroom for a few days, I do indeed end up reading even those articles ...

NASCAR races typically last 3 hours plus. I have never known a woman who can go more then 1 hour in a car without needing to stop and use the bathroom. That would give new meaning to "pit stop". And while most teams can do 4 tires and fuel in 15 seconds or so, the potty break would cost them alot of time on pit road.

I have never known a woman who can go more then 1 hour in a car without needing to stop and use the bathroom.  And while most teams can do 4 tires and fuel in 15 seconds or so, the potty break would cost them alot of time on pit road.

712619[/snapback]

I would think a catheter could easily solve that problem. The whole teaching a woman to drive well enough thing still appears to be the deal breaker to me though. :D

Fabulously entertaining responses (:D) notwithstanding ...

... Is it safe to assume that the only reason women aren't racing in prime time NASCAR is that the current racing regime is afraid of male drivers being dominated :D and traditional sponsors & fans being offended B) by the southern males' fall from prominence in his last bastion of glory?

Who will be the Branch Rickey and Jackie Robinson of women drivers? It has started in the truck series and once you give something like this an inch, pretty soon they take the whole oval ...

Edited by Donutrun Jellies

... then again, I thought it was because women are always stopping and asking for directions ... "I go where? Oh, just up there and turn left? Thanks so much." ... whereas men just tend to drive faster and more aggressively when they don't know where they're going and with only left turns, banked curves, and solid walls, the funnel effect pretty much ensures they'll eventually find the finish line ...

Edited by Donutrun Jellies