[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Consensus Draft Pick 1.10

CaP'N GRuNGe

1. San Francisco - QB Aaron Rodgers (California)

2. Miami - RB Ronnie Brown (Auburn)

3. Cleveland - QB Alex Smith (Utah)

4. Chicago - WR Braylon Edwards (Michigan)

5. Tampa Bay - RB Cadillac Williams (Auburn)

6. Tennessee - CB Antrel Rolle (Miami)

7. Minnesota (from Oakland) - WR Mike Williams (USC)

8. Arizona - RB Cedric Benson (Texas)

9. Washington - CB Adam Jones (West Virginia)

10. Detroit - OT Alex Barron (FL State)

11. Dallas

12. San Diego (from N.Y. Giants)

13. Houston

14. Carolina

15. Kansas City

16. New Orleans

17. Cincinnati

18. Minnesota

19. St. Louis

20. Dallas (from Buffalo)

21. Jacksonville

22. Baltimore

23. Seattle

24. Green Bay

25. Denver

26. N.Y. Jets

27. Atlanta

28. San Diego

29. Indianapolis

30. Pittsburgh

31. Philadelphia

32. New England

Edited by CaP'N GRuNGe

I have no idea of what the Lions have/need at LB, but i'm going with Johnson here who has slipped pretty far.

744401[/snapback]

Well, they are returning SLB Boss Bailey (Champ's brother), who could be the next Derrick Brooks if he can stay healthy. Last years' SLB was former Sooner Teddy Lehman, who started 16 games at SLB even though he'd never played over the TE before. Lehman is very fast, very smart, and very tough, but a little undersized. He is one of Millen's pet projects, and if he can add 10-15 pounds of muscle he could be a beast at MLB. Earl Holmes is the returning vet at MLB. The Lions keep trying to get rid of him but he keeps being productive. Look for him to split time with Lehman next year. WLB is kind of a toss up, James Davis has shown potential, but is another fast-and-undersized type. Behind him is Alex Lewis, who, you guessed it, is fast and dynamic but undersized.

The Lions would be hard-pressed to turn down a player of Johnson's talent at 1.10, but they already have plenty of youth, speed and athleticism at the position.

I think Alex Barron gives them the dominating pass-blocker at LT they've needed, and allows rock-solid T Jeff Backus over to the right side and replace Stockar McDogle (lost to the Dolphins). This would complete an OL of Alex Barron, Rick DeMulling, Dominic Raiola, Damien Woody, and Jeff Backus (from left to right). MMMMMMMM, happy goodness.

Peace

policy

Policy,

Can the Lions trade down at this point and still get Barron?  How far can they drop down.  (who else needs Barron)

744415[/snapback]

for my 2 cents, i think the lions could easily drop to number 12 as long as they stay ahead of the texans, who need o line help.

Policy,

Can the Lions trade down at this point and still get Barron?  How far can they drop down.  (who else needs Barron)

744415[/snapback]

That's a good question. Last year, they moved down one spot so Cleveland could take Winslow and got a second-rounder for it . . but that's only because Winslow was a great fit for the Lions and the Browns honestly believed the Lions might take him there. If the

To be frank, Barron is by far the best OL in this draft, he's a big guy who tested very very well at his pro day, he's very athletic and tested very well. They *might* move down a spot if Dallas wants Johnson, but any farther than that and they probably won't be assured of getting Barron.

Peace

policy

I have to abstain for two reasons:

1. Policy probably knows best

2.  I really want someone to fall to 1.11

744420[/snapback]

Well, maybe the Vikings would could trade you our #7 over all for your #11 and #20 overall :D

Well, a Lions homer would be alot more in the know...

744406[/snapback]

Yep, Policy is definitely a very knowledgeable Lions fan. But that is sort of like being a scatologist.. :D

no way derrick johnson lasts this far let alone going to the cowgurls.

744810[/snapback]

If Johnson falls to 10 and the Lions don't take him, I'm done with them, they need an outside backer to compliment Boss, Teddy can move to the middle, would work perfect.

CJ

When asked about the possibility of drafting Alex Barron, Millen said:

"I still think football is in the offensive and defensive lines," Millen said. "I think that's where it all starts. I've never deviated from that. Our offensive line, if we can improve it, I think we improve it."

-Detroit News, 3/24/05

I'm telling you, people, Barron at 1.10!

Peace

policy

Edited by policyvote