[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Duke

CaptainHook

I know that Coach K and Duke have won 3 national titles. But does anybody else think that with the amount of talent they have, the number of times they've been a #1 seed, and the number of times they've reached the Final Four, that they perennially underachieve MOST of the time? Once again, this year, #1 seed ousted in the Sweet 16. I feel the same about North Carolina and Dean Smith too. With that much talent, they should have more titles. Both schools on paper could make the kind of run UCLA made back in the day. But they haven't.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:bigshock: Anyone just see the completely bogus travelling call on Villanova inside of 11 seconds down by 3 points to UNC????? Guy drives and hits the shot, whistle blows, and he thinks he drew the foul, and they call travelling?????? My TiVo shows two steps, how 'bout yours?

:bigshock:  Anyone just see the completely bogus travelling call on Villanova inside of 11 seconds down by 3 points to UNC?????  Guy drives and hits the shot, whistle blows, and he thinks he drew the foul, and they call travelling?????? My TiVo shows two steps, how 'bout yours?

751894[/snapback]

UNC is lucky to have won that game!!! :D

UNC is lucky to have won that game!!! :D

751918[/snapback]

3 Big 10 teams in the great 8, and the Big 10 had a down yr coming into the tourny. The ACC had 2 #1 seeds and Wake was a #2, and only UNC made the great 8 and lucked out doing so. Can you say ACC bias during selection sunday. And I admit my Big 12 sucked ass in the tourney this yr and were over-rated.

Edited by Sgt. Ryan

:bigshock:  Anyone just see the completely bogus travelling call on Villanova inside of 11 seconds down by 3 points to UNC?????  Guy drives and hits the shot, whistle blows, and he thinks he drew the foul, and they call travelling?????? My TiVo shows two steps, how 'bout yours?

751894[/snapback]

Not to mention he wass hit in the head and his progress to the basket was impeaded, it was a foul on top of the phantom call and making the basket.

I know that Coach K and Duke have won 3 national titles.  But does anybody else think that with the amount of talent they have, the number of times they've been a #1 seed, and the number of times they've reached the Final Four,  that they perennially underachieve MOST of the time?  Once again, this year, #1 seed ousted in the Sweet 16.  I feel the same about North Carolina and Dean Smith too.  With that much talent, they should have more titles.  Both schools on paper could make the kind of run UCLA made back in the day.  But they haven't.

751885[/snapback]

First off, Duke sucks.

Second off, the thing that makes Duke suck is the constant knob slobbering that gets done on them this time of year (and all year long by some loudmouth "analysts" on ESPN who watch about 25 games a year and are considered "experts").

Third off, UCLA had to win 4 games in a much thinner game in terms of depth of talent during their run. There were also no conference tournaments, and the amount of scouting was simply non-existent.

Three titles is more than any other active coach has (along with Bobby Knight). It's as impressive a record as there is in the modern version of the game.

Two steps only, I rewound it three times to be sure. That kid got hosed.  :D

751916[/snapback]

Really? I clearly saw three steps after he last dribbled the ball. I figured it was a foul, but I definitely saw three on the replay.

First off, Duke sucks.

Second off, the thing that makes Duke suck is the constant knob slobbering that gets done on them this time of year (and all year long by some loudmouth "analysts" on ESPN who watch about 25 games a year and are considered "experts").

Third off, UCLA had to win 4 games in a much thinner game in terms of depth of talent during their run. There were also no conference tournaments, and the amount of scouting was simply non-existent.

Three titles is more than any other active coach has (along with Bobby Knight). It's as impressive a record as there is in the modern version of the game.

752045[/snapback]

darn Reddick sucks that overrated piece