[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

What has been your best pick

seminoles

Last year I drafted Manning, Tomlinson, Moss, Harrison, and Shaun Alexander.  The other 15 guys in my league were mad at me all year.  :D

763918[/snapback]

Between you and Bear there's been quite a lot of fishing going on. :D

I recall back in 1995, he went undrafted, and I picked him up as a FA a week before the season started (we draft 2 weeks prior to the start of the season), it was some promising WR named Isaac Bruce.

In 1998, can't remember what round it was, but it was the latter half of the draft, I managed to acquire somebody by the name of Terrell Owens, who turned out to be pretty good that year.

Of the brain cells that survived this weekend, I remember drafting Mike Clayton in the 8th last season in one league, and Whitten in the 12th in another.

In Portis's rookie year I took him in the 3rd round, which was really high at the time. Olandis was still the starter i think and the guys at the draft thought i was nuts.

I had Peyton, Ladanian and Portis wound up losing int he playoffs, but i thought that was a great pick cause i took portis 3rd round and shoved it up everyones nose :D

My best draft ever was E. James rookie year. I had the 12th pick in a 12 teamer. I picked Eddie George with my first round pick and James immediately at the turn.

This was the year George had a huge year, and of course James had a great rookie year. Oh, and I also picked up Kurt Warner off waivers after week 1, the first year he came out of nowhere.

I went 16-1 and won the league EASILY.

I couldn't even tell you the rest of my roster. Didn't even need them.

763903[/snapback]

I remember that year.I took Faulk in the first round and edge on the way back.It was my most dominant fantasy backfield every..

In Portis's rookie year I took him in the 3rd round, which was really high at the time.  Olandis was still the starter i think and the guys at the draft thought i was nuts.

I had Peyton, Ladanian and Portis wound up losing int he playoffs, but i thought that was a great pick cause i took portis 3rd round and shoved it up everyones nose :D

764746[/snapback]

That probably wouldn't constitute as that great of a pick taking Portis in the 3rd. I drafted him that year in 4 different leagues and I don't think I took him any earlier than the 8th round. I'm not bust'n yer chops or anything but I think you could've drafted someone with higher value with your 3rd and got Portis a lot cheaper.

Back in 1995 I ended up with the 3rd pick. The consensus overall top 2 picks were Steve Young and Emmitt Smith, the only debate was which one to take first ... so it looked like I missed the boat on the top 2 guys.

Hold the phone ... the draft goes ... Steve Young ... drum roll please ... DAN MARINO! Needless to say I snatched up Emmitt Smith and he went on to score 25 TDs.

However, he wasn't my best value in that draft. I'd have to say that 1995 was my top draft for value ever.

1st - Emmitt Smith

3rd - Carl Pickens

5th - Pittsburgh

6th - Jeff Blake

8th - Robert Brooks

10th - Terry Allen

1994 Blake came in half way through the year and he and Pickens finished out the year very nicely. But in 1995 when you looked at their YTD totals they weren't impressive. I thought they were due for a big year and they both rewarded me. Pittsburgh was the top defense that year. Sterling Sharpe had just retired and it was Brooks' first year and he paid off for me hugh and was a great pick in the 8th round.

But by far the top value pick was Terry Allen in the 10th ... his 1500 yards and 11 TDs sealed the deal for me that year.

How did I snag Terry in the 10th you ask? Well as it turns out he was drafted in one of the early rounds (can't remember which one, probably 2nd or 3rd) ... but then the owner changed his mind and picked up somebody else because of off week issues. Everybody had crossed Terry Allen off their lists and then when the owner changed his mind they crossed the other player off their lists and forgot about Terry. I didn't forget ... I waited as long as I possibly could before reminding the other owners that he was available by drafting him!

I rolled over everybody that year.

Moss in his rookie season round 13 pick 11. This past season I got My Favorite Martin in round 7 pick 10. Of course I was dead set that Hasselbeck was going to have an above average season ... maybe that is why I did not win the league this last year!