[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Good article about how "flat" our tax system is

skins

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The current tax system is an abomination. We went to war for taxation without represtentation, yet that is exactly what a progressive tax like we currently have is. People who litterally have no tax burden currently have the same amount of representation as those that are paying almost 50% of their income in federal and local taxes. Now before everyone jumps on me, I'm not seriously recomending that we weight votes or don't allow the poor to vote. I'm just pointing out that if you think the current tax system we have is what our founding fathers invisioned, you are crazy. There are those that contiune to rail against Bush becuase in their minds they feel he is throwing the Constitution aside, but isn't that really what the income tax is?

The flat tax is nice, but we would need to increase what we consider the poverty level, and not tax any income below that on anyone. The Fair Tax is by far and away the best option that I have seen. It would get rid of all the corporate welfare that the liberals abhor and it would help satisfy those of us that feel the current tax system is unfair.

Many of you are saying well what about the poor, education, etc... Please name me one thing that the government does more efficiently than the private sector? Many of those that are so supportive of the "progressive" tax system are also the same ones that are so critical of how the Feds handled Katrina. Well, maybe if everyone knew that at some point the government wouldn't open her blouse and let everyone suck on her tit, they would do more charity wise. Galveston was rebuilt after it was hit with by the largest hurricane in history, not by the federal government, but by the people. There was a time when churches took care of their poor and infirmed. I would dare say all but those with TV evangelist could and would still do it today much more efficiently than the government.

We complain about the cost of health care yet part of the reason it is so high is because the federal government tells hospitals what they can charge those on medicare, often times that is bellow the cost of the procedures. So, where is that money made up? You guessed it on the amount they charge insured patients. Has the "progressive" tax system and government hand outs really done that much to eradicate poverty? Is it doing more than charitable organizations were prior to the "progressive" taxes were initiated?

We need to cut spending, on all government hand outs with the possible exception of education, and care for those that are physically or mentaly incapable or caring for themselves. We need to get away from government is everything for everyone, and get back to what it was invisioned to be by the founding fathers, a loose union of states banded together for the common protection of each other against outside forces.

The government needs to get out of the insurance busienss, out of the charity business, and back to what it was supposed to be. We should be spending all the money we are spending on NPR, PBS and ETA for border security.

The current tax system is an abomination.  We went to war for taxation without represtentation, yet that is exactly what a progressive tax like we currently have is.  People who litterally have no tax burden currently have the same amount of representation as those that are paying almost 50% of their income in federal and local taxes.  Now before everyone jumps on me, I'm not seriously recomending that we weight votes or don't allow the poor to vote.  I'm just pointing out that if you think the current tax system we have is what our founding fathers invisioned, you are crazy.  There are those that contiune to rail against Bush becuase in their minds they feel he is throwing the Constitution aside, but isn't that really what the income tax is?

The flat tax is nice, but we would need to increase what we consider the poverty level, and not tax any income below that on anyone.  The Fair Tax is by far and away the best option that I have seen.  It would get rid of all the corporate welfare that the liberals abhor and it would help satisfy those of us that feel the current tax system is unfair. 

Many of you are saying well what about the poor, education, etc... Please name me one thing that the government does more efficiently than the private sector?  Many of those that are so supportive of the "progressive" tax system are also the same ones that are so critical of how the Feds handled Katrina.  Well, maybe if everyone knew that at some point the government wouldn't open her blouse and let everyone suck on her tit, they would do more charity wise.  Galveston was rebuilt after it was hit with by the largest hurricane in history, not by the federal government, but by the people.  There was a time when churches took care of their poor and infirmed.  I would dare say all but those with TV evangelist could and would still do it today much more efficiently than the government.

We complain about the cost of health care yet part of the reason it is so high is because the federal government tells hospitals what they can charge those on medicare, often times that is bellow the cost of the procedures.  So, where is that money made up?  You guessed it on the amount they charge insured patients.  Has the "progressive" tax system and government hand outs really done that much to eradicate poverty?  Is it doing more than charitable organizations were prior to the "progressive" taxes were initiated?

We need to cut spending, on all government hand outs with the possible exception of education, and care for those that are physically or mentaly incapable or caring for themselves.  We need to get away from government is everything for everyone, and get back to what it was invisioned to be by the founding fathers, a loose union of states banded together for the common protection of each other against outside forces. 

The government needs to get out of the insurance busienss, out of the charity business, and back to what it was supposed to be.  We should be spending all the money we are spending on NPR, PBS and ETA for border security.

1310768[/snapback]

so what is the goverment for....????

so what is the goverment for....????

1310893[/snapback]

To protect our borders and to protect us from enemies. Not to protect us form ourselves and our own poor choices in life. Not to provide TV programing and fund what some people call art. Not to create a class of people dependent upon it for their every need.

As long as they leave the tax break for my home interest alone, I'm fine. If that ever goes away I'll have to sell and move to Mexico...

On a related subject, someone else mentioned how inefficient the gubment is, and on the topic of schools I have to agree. The public schools in my neighborhood (>$400/sq ft home values) are pathetic, so we are forced to ante up another $6-10K/per kid annually for private, on top of outrageous mortgages. And before you say 'shut up and just move away from all your family and friends', believe me, I've thought about it a lot lately.

There are many great things about living in CA, and when I grew up here the schools were great too. But despite having some of the wealthiest areas in the country, the CA public schools are now just completely broken. Don't know whose 'fault' it is - the wealthy, the politicians, the masses who don't vote them out, or whomever. Its just broken and a crying shame...

...and its widening the divide between the haves and have nots in our children, creating more and more political tension...