[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Uh Ho!

McBoog

Merrimqan to withold form minicamps until contract is finalized! Not good! This is getting off on the wrong foot.

He talks about it being a set back for him AND the team. Hey F'n BOZO, they were 12-4 last year without you on the team!

I now go from the excited to guarded category on this kid!

I'm sorry, but if I'm an NFL player who has not signed a contract, no way do I participate in camps and drills.

One bad twist and I never get a penny.

It's recreation to us, for them it's a livelihood.

Why is this surprising? The Bolts never get their first rounders signed in on time. Think about it Rivers, Jammer, hell even Tomlinson all held out.

805402[/snapback]

True, but this kid comes into the NFL with a rep as being a thug. Parcells said something along these lines...."I'm too old to deal with hoodlums and thugs now". That was a not so vieled comment directed at the Merri man. if you saw the article, you woul;d also know that with the two players that EVER got injured in a mini camp, SD took care of them. Financially. The Poston's rep is so bad now, they wait for these kids to get drafted, and then steal them from other agents. Why? Well, the Redskins passed on Winslow two years ago because he had hired the Postons. Now, he stuck his agent in the back. A real good character sort, this Merri man is. He'll be in jail sometime in the next two years.

Merrimqan to withold form minicamps until contract is finalized!  Not good!  This is getting off on the wrong foot. 

He talks about it being a set back for him AND the team.  Hey F'n BOZO, they were 12-4 last year without you on the team!

I now go from the excited to guarded category on this kid!

805217[/snapback]

Not to piss on your cheerios but you won't finish 12-4 again this year, you'll be lucky to finish 3rd int he division. :D

True, but this kid comes into the NFL with a rep as being a thug. Parcells said something along these lines...."I'm too old to deal with hoodlums and thugs now". That was a not so vieled comment directed at the Merri man. if you saw the article, you woul;d also know that with the two players that EVER got injured in a mini camp, SD took care of them. Financially. The Poston's rep is so bad now, they wait for these kids to get drafted, and then steal them from other agents. Why? Well, the Redskins passed on Winslow two years ago because he had hired the Postons. Now, he stuck his agent in the back. A real good character sort, this Merri man is. He'll be in jail sometime in the next two years.

805418[/snapback]

Where do you get this from? He has not been in any trouble and was well-respected at Maryland. "A well-liked individual with solid ties to the community, he helped organize a coat drive before Maryland a basketball game last year that brought in over 3,200 coats for the "Creative Community for Non-Violence" shelter" This quote was in the NFL's Prospect Profile.

Not to piss on your cheerios but you won't finish 12-4 again this year, you'll be lucky to finish 3rd int he division. :D

805501[/snapback]

A little pee on my morning breakfast ain't gonna kill me. I don't believe they will finish 12-4 either. They won't surprise people this year as they did last.

I also don't make predictions. That is why they play the games. By playing the games, the Chargers finished 12-4 last season. Go figure! :D

I don't make predictions that make me look like a total moran, especially BEFRORE the season starts! WHo's gonna finish ahead of the Bolts. The Chiefs??? :D:D AN unproven D and "Gunther" are still gonna make for some interesting 70 - 67 games. I still start my #3 WRs against both the Raiders and the Chiefs until they can show they can stop someone... er, ANYONE??? :D

This is especially galling to the Bolts front office because when they drafted him he had a different agent. Now they have to deal with a POSTON!!!!! :bigshock: :eek: :D

I hate this turn of events because it creates an adversarial tone to all future negotiations with Merriman and his agent. The Chargers have a history of always being fair in negotiations with injured rookies. This whole attitude by Poston is just posturing and totally unnecessary!!!!! :D:D

Edited by Chargerz

This is especially galling to the Bolts front office because when they drafted him he had a different agent. Now they have to deal with a POSTON!!!!! :bigshock:  :eek:  :D

I hate this turn of events because it creates an adversarial tone to all future negotiations with Merriman and his agent. The Chargers have a history of always being fair in negotiations with injured rookies. This whole attitude by Poston is just posturing and totally unnecessary!!!!! :D  :D

805624[/snapback]

Sweet AV! :D I've always liked flowers. WHat type is that. It even looks edible! :D

I can't put a any blame on the Bolts and it will be interesting to see how this developes with the Postons. I hope that his choosing them is not an indication of who he really is. A weird and dissappointing developement to what was initially an exciting and optomistic month.

Where do you get this from?  He has not been in any trouble and was well-respected at Maryland.  "A well-liked individual with solid ties to the community, he helped organize a coat drive before Maryland a basketball game last year that brought in over 3,200 coats for the "Creative Community for Non-Violence" shelter"  This quote was in the NFL's Prospect Profile.

805536[/snapback]

Trots, this is from Pro Football Talk.....

MERRIMAN PICKS THE POSTONS

A league source tells us that Chargers defensive end Shawne Merriman has parted ways with agent Gary Wichard, and will sign with Carl and Kevin Poston.

Merriman fired Wichard the Monday after the draft.

It is believed that Merriman intended all along to retain Wichard for the sole purpose of getting through the draft, and then to move to the Postons, whose bad reputation in league circles might have caused the Redskins in 2005 to refrain from drafting tight end Kellen Winslow.

In hindsight, we wonder how different Winslow's life might have been right now if he'd merely selected different representation. Chances are he still eventually would have done something stoopid to screw up his career, but the situation couldn't have been any worse over the past year in D.C. than it's been for Winslow in Cleveland.

Merriman, picked by the Chargers at No. 12, was miffed when the draft that the Cowboys passed on him at eleven, after supposedly telling the Maryland product that he'd be selected in that spot. Word is that the 'Boys were scared off at the last minute by character concerns regarding Merriman.

Coach Bill Parcells recently said that he's too old to deal with "thugs and hoodlums."

In fact, there was talk prior to the draft that Merriman might take a major tumble in round one due to questions regarding his specific position on the turd-o-meter. We've also heard that Merriman has at least one close friend of shady repute who might have fueled some teams' concerns.

As one league insider opined on Thursday night, Merriman is a "bad dude all the way."

And though these questions didn't stop the Bolts from pouncing on the pass-rushing 'tweener, word is that the team would've thought long and hard about selecting Merriman if they'd known he'd ultimately land with the Postons. One of the reasons that the Chargers were willing to take a chance on Merriman is that the team believed Wichard would help keep Merriman under control.

The Postons, in contrast, might end up buying Merriman a motorcycle.

Apparently, the Postons already are taking the position that they'll hold Merriman out of the offseason workouts due to concerns regarding the team's minicamp injury waiver.

As for Wichard, Merriman is the second first-round pick he's lost since draft day. Last week, Titans corner Pacman Jones dumped Wichard for Michael Huyghue, apparently after Wichard refused to cut his fee from three percent to two percent.

And it's a shame, in our view. Wichard has developed a strong reputation for working hard to get his players in great shape, and for arguing persuasively and relentlessly for "his guys." In the end, Merriman used him and Jones shook him down -- and both guys would have been far better off in the long run if they'd danced with the one that brung them.

:D

I've seen some other not so nice stuff about him. Rarely will any NFL site say many negative things about players, but I've read elsewhere that his rep is not so good..... and, call it a hunch, this kid will get in trouble.

I've seen some other not so nice stuff about him. Rarely will any NFL site say many negative things about players, but I've read elsewhere that his rep is not so good..... and, call it a hunch, this kid will get in trouble.

805752[/snapback]

Sounds like he should be a Raven! :D

Well, the Redskins passed on Winslow two years ago because he had hired the Postons.

805418[/snapback]

Well, now that's a bit of an overstatement. It's not as if the Redskins said, "We like Winslow the best, but since he hired the Postons, we'd better go in a different direction." They had two glaring places of need, TE and S, and they drafterd a player in Taylor that was widely graded in the top five prospects.

I think your point was that the Winslow hiring the Postons was a negative in the eyes of the Skins, but let's not go insane and think that representation is completely altering picks at the top of the draft...

No, I guess I overstated it some.... I do think that if a team is 50-50 between two draft picks, maybe even 55-45, the Postons can scare a team off. I have read that the Postons definitely did enter into the equation, and swayed the Skins away from Winslow. Finally, something that nut in Washington did right.... except that DB they took? Is now a hold out.

No, I guess I overstated it some.... I do think that if a team is 50-50 between two  draft picks, maybe even 55-45, the Postons can scare a team off. I have read that the Postons definitely did enter into the equation, and swayed the Skins away from Winslow. Finally, something that nut in Washington did right.... except that DB they took? Is now a hold out.

805787[/snapback]

Yeah, well Taylor's a seperate nutjob unto himself. Looks like the Skin's were going to be taking it no matter what.

805752[/snapback]

Sounds like he should be a Raven!  :D

805757[/snapback]

.....or a Raider!!! :D

.....or a Raider!!! :D

805887[/snapback]

Those weren't patients in your AV were they brah? :D

I still start my #3 WRs against both the Raiders and the Chiefs until they can show they can stop someone... er, ANYONE???  :D

805574[/snapback]

Umm before last year, (which if you don't know makes your team a one year wonder) who did San Diego stop?

Lets see here

2003 the Chargers D was ranked 31 out of 32 teams giving up over 27 points per game and over 349 yards a game.

2002 they ranked 22nd giving up over 22 points per game and over 377 yards per game

You obviously have gotten a big head with the Chargers one year of success and are making assumptions.

Typical Charger fan..............

Edited by phenom

You obviously have gotten a big head with the Chargers one year of success and are making assumptions.

806141[/snapback]

Hey now! :D

Umm before last year, (which if you don't know makes your team a one year wonder) who did San Diego stop?

Lets see here

2003 the Chargers D was ranked 31 out of 32 teams giving up over 27 points per game and over 349 yards a game.

2002  they ranked 22nd giving up over 22 points per game and over 377 yards per game

806141[/snapback]

Actually, as a Bolt fan, it is not "fun" to start WR against the Bolts because they do too well and it is frustrating to root for a guy you want to do poorlyu as well.

If you didn't notice, the D scheme anc coordinator are different now. They still gave up some of the most yardage and TDs in the league with pass D. Not good enough to win a Chamionship.

Do I think the Chargers win 12 this year? No! Do I think they are at least as good if not better than the other teams in the division? Yes, I do now.

But I once again must pay ahmage to you, a Faiduh Fan! Congratulations on yet another Superbowl victory and your impending Championship again this year. How many is that now, 39 in a row?

It must be hard to be a Faiduh fan, always living in the past and pretending there is a future.

But, ahhh yes. What a difference a year makes. You site what was, I prefer to relish in what is. Typical Raider Fan :D