[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Chris Brown Injured Again

spain

I have no confirmation of this rumor!

It was reported on a local Nashville sports radio show this afternoon that Titans RB Chris Brown was injured during practice today. X-Rays show that he broke a bone in his wrist. I have not seen this report anywhere else, but the guys reporting it, George Plaster and John McClain, are very good media types. Again, I have no confirmation and dont know what the impact of this injury means. It should be all over the internet soon...

I have no confirmation of this rumor!

It was reported on a local Nashville sports radio show this afternoon that Titans RB Chris Brown was injured during practice today.  X-Rays show that he broke a bone in his wrist.  I have not seen this report anywhere else, but the guys reporting it, George Plaster and John McClain, are very good media types.  Again, I have no confirmation and dont know what the impact of this injury means.  It should be all over the internet soon...

816884[/snapback]

I have read that it is also being reported on Sirius radio ...

From Naperville North High School to University of Colorado to the Tennessee Titans, Brown has the reputation of being oft injured. Last year he had several nicks that caused him to miss alot of playing time. He struggled with Turf Toe that allowed him to play the first half of several games, only to leave at halftime. His durability is a HUGH question for the Titans. Floyd Reese needs to get on the phone with the Buffalo Bills RIGHT NOW and inquire about Travis Cheese Henry.

Local TV Sports just reported that Chris Brown broke his HAND today in practice. It was immediately put into a cast. He should be ready for training camp in July, which is the good news. The bad news is that this is just another in a long line of injuries for Chris Brown. If a rb isnt durable, then he will have a hard time playing in the NFL. There are alot of concerns about Browns ability to stay healthy. I definitely think the Titans are concerned with Browns injury history. Again, Travis Henry, a former Univ of Tenn Volunteer, seems to make alot of sense. I dont know what sort of cap number Henry would have, but the Titans need some more depth behind the oft injured chris brown...

AP reports Tennessee Titans RB Chris Brown fractured his right hand Wednesday during mini-camp, an injury that will keep him out of the remaining May workouts but should allow him to be ready for training camp in late July. "I guess he was running and hit somebody's helmet with the back of his hand," HC Jeff Fisher said.

http://www.tennessean.com/apps/pbcs.dll/ar...415/1002/SPORTS

Broken hand Brown's latest setback

Oft-injured back out rest of minicamp

By JIM WYATT

Staff Writer

Titans running back Chris Brown fractured a bone in his right hand during practice yesterday and will miss the rest of this month's minicamp.

Team doctors planned to put Brown's hand in a cast and he is expected to be available, in a limited role, for minicamps in June.

Brown injured the hand when he cut through the middle of a group of players during a team drill. The Titans worked out yesterday in spamshirts, shorts and helmets.

Trainers examined the hand and wrapped it with ice before taking Brown inside Baptist Sports Park. X-rays later revealed the fracture.

"He hit a helmet," Titans Coach Jeff Fisher said. "He was running and hit somebody's helmet with the back of his hand.''

Brown entered this week's minicamp still recovering from a turf toe condition that slowed him last season and caused him to miss five games. He also missed time last season due to ankle and shoulder injuries, but managed to rush for 1,067 yards and six touchdowns.

He missed five games in 2003 with a hamstring injury.

Brown was not available for comment yesterday, but on Tuesday he talked about his durability issues.

"I didn't finish last season and I got hurt my rookie year,'' he said. "But I try not to think about it. I just go out there and try and get the job done.''

Brown's injury will immediately mean more work for the team's younger running backs, including fifth-round pick Damien Nash and undrafted free agents Walter Reyes and Terry Jackson.

It will also give the Titans and the Buffalo Bills yet another reason to keep discussing a trade for running back Travis Henry.

The Titans offered the Bills a fifth-round pick for Henry during the NFL Draft, and have continued discussions recently about a trade for the former University of Tennessee star. •