[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

AZ RBs

Pancake

I think Dennis Green can produce a couple fantasy starters in AZ this year. I was looking at the RB situation and noticed that Arrington (rookie), Shipp, and Hambrick are on the depth chart. Can anybody tell me what happened to Shipp last year? He didnt touch the ball once and now he is expected to challenge for the starting nod.

He broke his leg before the season and did not play. He's currently listed as the starter but that is tenuous, obviously, with the drafting of Arrington. Apparently he's been working out deligently at team HQ this offseason and should be 100% by training camp.

schipp would have been the starter last yr if it weren't for the injury. so, he definetly gets a chance to competer for rb1. i don't see arrington being "the man" right away and still believe that the cardinals might get henry after june 1st cuts if the titans don't get him first.

schipp would have been the starter last yr if it weren't for the injury.  so, he definetly gets a chance to competer for rb1.  i don't see arrington being "the man" right away and still believe that the cardinals might get henry after june 1st cuts if the titans don't get him first.

822329[/snapback]

If memory serves me correct, Green had already given the startign job to Emmitt before Shipp was injured. I dont think that he has a lot of confidence in Shipp, at least that is the impression i gathered from his comments last year.

Either way, Shipp or Arrington, I suspect it will be obvious by the end of camp what the Cardinals will do as far as naming either the starter or a RBBC situation. I'll tell you this, it is either a two horse race among those two or there will be no Cardinals RB worth more than a fantasy back-up.

If memory serves me correct, Green had already given the startign job to Emmitt before Shipp was injured.  I dont think that he has a lot of confidence in Shipp, at least that is the impression i gathered from his comments last year.

822347[/snapback]

Emmitt was indeed named the starter before the injury to Shipp. Dennis Green has shown in the past that he's a good drafter, isn't scared to start a rookie, and with naming Warner the starting QB this early, I wouldn't be surprised if he named a starter at RB before the season, if not the pre-season. Early drafts may have to speculate, but later drafts will probably have a starter named by Green. JMO.

I will be very surprised if Arrington is not the primary back in week one. Shipp is merely an average back on a good day while Arrington is perfectly suited for the offense in ARZ.

Shipp had only 2 100 yard games in 2003 against SF and CIN (both home games). Otherwise he rarely ever exceeds about 3.8 yards per carry. He only had one 100 yard game in 2002 against the Raiders (at home). Whenever he goes over 20 carries in a game, he usually runs about 3.5 per carry.

Shipp is not a Denny Green guy and no a durable guy and he has never played in the Green offense (not regular season anyway). He's the 2nd best back they have, but he is definitely 2nd. I wouldn't touch him in a draft - the offense has changed (and coaches) completely since he was a mediocre back in 2003.

I will be very surprised if Arrington is not the primary back in week one. Shipp is merely an average back on a good day while Arrington is perfectly suited for the offense in ARZ.

826624[/snapback]

Word. Grimace showed his lack of faith in Shipp last year by naming Emmitt the starter before Shipp got injured. Arrington will be the man in AZ unless he gets injured.

I watched almost every Cal home game on TV last season and Arrington was real fun to watch....I hope he can have success in the NFL. He is exceptionally fast and powerful and has great hands. I think that he can become the #1 offensive threat in AZ.

Shipp was hurt last year. I bet he starts, slowing easing Arrington into the lineup

who will eventually be the starter.

823123[/snapback]

Yep, I would agree with that. As for Troy "1-yard and a cloud of sh!t" Hambrick. I don't think he's a threat. In fact if the Cards do pickup a veteran RB, it wouldn't suprise me if they cut him.

If memory serves me correct, Green had already given the startign job to Emmitt before Shipp was injured.  I dont think that he has a lot of confidence in Shipp, at least that is the impression i gathered from his comments last year.

822347[/snapback]

You are correct.

Green doesn't like him. As a three year owner of Shipp in a Dynasty I am not all that happy about the situation.

Assuming Arrington gets the bulk of the carries this year I think that he will produce at least a much yards and TDs as Emmit did last year at a minimum (937 rush, 105 rec, and 9 rush TDs). I'm thinking Arrington will have 950 to 1050 rush yds, 6 to 7 rush TDs, 350 rec yds, and 3 rec TDs. This one is hard to call....no worse than a great #3 RB with some moderate upside to become an average #2 RB. I think the Denny Green run offense is a good fit, so I can see Arrington acheiving some or all of his upside. Of course some knucklehead in my league will pull the trigger on Arrington way too early for my taste.