[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Fishing...

ABearWithFurniture

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I fish as often as possible. More often than not it ends up rigging and baiting for my kids. :D

I usually target trout, but enjoy chasing bass, catfish and walleye as well. I'm not above bait fishing for panfish when the 'gills and crappie are hittin' hard. It's hard to beat deep-fried crappie.

I recently spent some time in Texas and hit the redfish and speckled trout - that was fun. It was not the "non-stop action" as advertised, but the wind was kickin' so that's to be expected.

Funny finding a fishing topic. I fish the great lakes. Mainly Lake Huron, and Lake Michigan. I fish in several tourneys a year. Mainly salmon, with the occasional walley. Some of u may have heard of the Glpaa.

I fish the Louisiana marsh a few days a month which is all I have time for. I would fish much more if time permitted. By far my favorite hobby. Mostly specks and redfish with the usual mixed bag of drum, flounder, sheepshead, white trout, etc. I usually only bass fish during the spring spawning season when trout fishing is at its worst, but it isn't my area of expertise. I'll make the occasional outside trips out into the gulf for snapper, amberjack, grouper, cobia, etc. and even rarer trips for wahoo, dolphin, marlin, tarpon, etc. I enjoy fishing inside much better, but mix it up from tiem to time.

And every now and then I'll throw some stink bait out here at the huddle to see if I can catch anyone....I mean anything. :D

Fishing report from last Friday...

Went out with my buddy (who we call Topwater Steve due to that's the only bait he'll throw all day) and between the 2 of us caught about 20 bass all day, and of course missed a few...put Steve on one of my mats and he pulled a nice 3 lber. out of it with a frog. Found some new water along a stretch of bank which I intend to explore a lot more next week when I get out. Was picking up quite a few fish off of it flipping senkos...again, if anybody is around the bay area and wants to fish hit me up as my back seat is generally available...

GB a fishing thread! I go out every chance I get. At least 6 times a year we charter a 40' lobster boat out of Maine (10 guys) and 6 guys max on a smaller boat in Mass. Cod up the ass. I have a seperate freezer just for fish. If anyone is looking to go deep see fishing in Maine or Mass, I can highly reccomend 2 charters. I dont have the website's handy, but will post em later. I have gone out allmost every night the past 2 weeks with my son and 3 daughters, mainly sunny's, some real nice large mouth bass (5lb 15" last night, son), carp, pickrel, bullheads etc. All catch and release. The Hudson River and any body of water near it is so polluted, they reccomend eating 1 A MONTH, no thanks, we fish for the action but will take some stockies/ native trout from the freshwater streams and blacken em up. Deep sea fishing is amazing. I remember the 1st time I went years ago (used to light rods/spinners/tackle etc) and I'm in 300' of water, 80lb test and a jig that weighed more than the fish I usually caught and the flipin cod hit, all 22lbs of him, first fish caught that morning, and I thought my arms were gonna fall off! I had seen pictures, but I will never forget that morning. Nothing better than football and a lil time on the water. Throw in a piece of ass every now and again, and tis all I need........

FISH ON!

some real nice large mouth bass (5lb 15" last night, son),

860615[/snapback]

Wow.... a 15 inch Largemouth would have to have a girth of 28 inches to equal 5LBs.Could you imagine the body shape on a fish like that with those measurements. Thats some fishing story. I think you need a new ruler and need to take your thumb of the scale.

Edited by DonVito

Wow.... a 15 inch Largemouth would have to have a girth of 28 inches to equal 5LBs.Could you imagine the body shape on a fish like that with those measurements. Thats some fishing story. I think you need a new ruler and need to take your thumb of the scale.

864509[/snapback]

I think he was referring to the fish weighing 5 lbs 15 oz...not 15 inches...

Any other fisher people in here besides Yukon and myself?...

I'm into bass fishing and fish in about 15-20 tournaments per year...anybody else?

845738[/snapback]

The oldest boy and i caught us some of those big mouthed carp the last 2 weekends at the lake...( some smallies thrown in also) senko real slow was the trick

Going for the real fish tomorrow and kings on lake Michigan on Fri sat and sun

YukYuk...I keep telling you, leave that whale at Marine World alone as you are going to get in serious trouble when you catch it...

And whales aren't fish dude... :D

865961[/snapback]

Went out for 5 hours today... it was beautiful... me and the boy caught 9 eyes 7 were short. We also caught 3 sauger and 2 channel cats and a couple of small smallies.... Had a great time... and devilw im heading up this year or next for the silvers.....

Edited by Yukon Cornelius

Went out yesterday and man, that was a blast...had 6 fish over 3 lbs with the 2 best about 6 lbs each, plus a couple of 2 lbers and some 1 lbers...couple of dinks. Got one of the big ones early in the morning on a frog...was smacking the tules with it and then swimming it out into open water and she engulfed it...awesome topwater action...

I recently spent some time in Texas and hit the redfish and speckled trout - that was fun.  It was not the "non-stop action" as advertised, but the wind was kickin' so that's to be expected.

852505[/snapback]

Anyone promising you non-stop action of redfish and specks is being way overly optomistic ... I know a lot of people who fish the gulf and the bays all the time (I fish 20+ times/year) and hitting yer limit just does not happen that much ...

Edited by Beaumont

Went out on a charter on Michigan... 2 am tours

Day one we caught 13

All kings 8 of the13 over 15 and 4 of those were 22-25

Day 2

16 10 kings with only 4 over 15 and one over 20

3 rainbows , one 15 and one 13

2 cohos one 6-7 pounds

1 12pound brown

Great weekend for fishen and the fish were going crazy

• 2 weeks later...
Went out on a charter on Michigan... 2 am tours

Day one we caught 13

All kings 8 of the13 over 15 and 4 of those were 22-25

Day 2

16  10 kings with only 4 over 15 and one over 20

3 rainbows , one 15 and one 13

2 cohos one 6-7 pounds

1 12pound brown

Great weekend for fishen and the fish were going crazy

872892[/snapback]

Nice bite!

Went out yesterday and man, that was a blast...had 6 fish over 3 lbs with the 2 best about 6 lbs each, plus a couple of 2 lbers and some 1 lbers...couple of dinks. Got one of the big ones early in the morning on a frog...was smacking the tules with it and then swimming it out into open water and she engulfed it...awesome topwater action...

Catch'm on the delta or the foothill lakes, ie. DonPedro, Melones??

Catch'm on the delta or the foothill lakes, ie.  DonPedro, Melones??

886344[/snapback]

I live about 2 blocks from the Delta...so fish mostly there. In a bass club so I fish Pedro, Melones, McClure, Amador, Folsom, Orwood, Clear Lake and a few others each about 1-2 times a year...if you are around Contra Costa county check us out at ccbassclub.com

Edited by ABearWithFurniture

I fish...poorly...once a year on a week long trip to northern Maine.

This year is the year of the sluggo.  I am going to learn these puppies and put the pther crappy (not crappie) fishermen to shame.

Biggest smallmouth wins the week.

888896[/snapback]

try a toob bait or a senko worm... work great for smallies here