[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Vikings draft miscues

Outshined

from Profootball talk.com

SIMS SOON TO BE DECLARED A BUST?

In a recent interview with the Chiefs official web site, defensive coordinator Gunther Cunningham acknowledged that fourth-year defensive tackle Ryan Sims faces a make-or-break season.

"He has to get better," said Cunningham.

One member of the organization was a little more candid with us regarding Sims. "He sucks," said the source.

On draft day 2002, the Chiefs pulled off a last-second trade with the Cowboys for the sixth overall pick, enabling the Chiefs to move in front of the Vikings at No. 7, who were poised to pounce on Sims. The Vikings were criticized for failing to submit their draft card with Sims name on it when the Cowboys' 15-minute window of opportunity expired as Dallas and K.C. continued to work on the terms of the two-spot flip-flop.

A year later, the Vikings were trying to pull off a trade of their own from the seven hole, moving down with either the Ravens or Jaguars, both of whom wanted to lasso quarterback Fat Albert. The Vikes allowed the 15 minutes to expire, and the Jags and Panthers made their picks before the Vikings could put in the name of the guy they wanted -- defensive tackle Kevin Williams.

The Vikings, of course, wouldn't have drafted Williams in 2003 if they'd gotten Sims in 2002. In hindsight, however, Sims is the bust and Williams is the budding superstar.

Whoever wrote that is like me, a Viks fan to the utmost degree. I would have to say that putting a positvie spin on the Daft Day Debacle is really reaching. I stand behind the theory 100% though.

You won't be saying that this time next year.

:D

853395[/snapback]

What kind of numbers does Boller have to put up for him to not be a bust ? He has sucked for two years now, you have to admit that. I'm not talking wins or losses, because that defense is sick and Jamal carries the offense. Brian Billick said the same sh** in the off-season last year as he is this year, Boller is ready to take that next step, blah blah blah. I just don't see it personally.

from Profootball talk.com

SIMS SOON TO BE DECLARED A BUST?

One member of the organization was a little more candid with us regarding Sims. "He sucks," said the source.

853044[/snapback]

:D