[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Falcons owner, Art Blank, to TO

Big Score 1

Owens: New deal or trade me away

By REUBEN FRANK

phillyBurbs.com

"If Joe Banner can give Drew Rosenhaus permission to seek a trade, who knows, Atlanta might be on the list of people that I could play for," Owens said.

But Falcons owner Arthur Blank said recently on Sporting News Radio that won't happen.

"We don't need those kind of distractions on our club," Blank said. "And I don't know of any club that really wants to deal with them."

www.phillyburbs.com

As evidenced by Art Blank's comments, I think Ownes antics are really beginning to catch up with him. Teams are realizing that while he is a tremendous talent, the resulting headaches / distractions that are synonymous with TO, are getting to the point that it's becoming harder and harder to justify having him on a team.

I have no doubt that there will always be one team or another willing to gamble on TO, but the thing of it is, despite his all world talent, he's no longer in the position of cherry picking which team he plays for. Some options are no longer there for him already. As time goes on and if he continues to open his mouth before engaging his brain, more and more doors will be shut on him.

Owens is making his bed and now he's going to have to live with all of his ill advised decisions and sometimes downright dunderhead-ed comments.

It's too bad this guy has to be such a wanker. Imagine if he had some class and kept his mouth shut.

He would be one of the most popular athletes(in a good way), one of the most marketable, and ad agencies would line up to have him endorse products.

No distractions? Ummmm...Ron Mexico anybody?  :D

892052[/snapback]

Sorry, but a bimbo F' buddy of Vick's, who is clearly digging for gold, hasn't been much of a distraction to the Falcons.

Funny as all get out.....yes :D

But is Vick's one indiscretion, as great a distraction to the Falcons, as TO's multiple and continous antics were to the 49er's and now the Eagles?

Uhhhhh.........no way, not even close. :D

Edited: To include TO's indiscretions while with the 49er's, which also caused team turmoil.

Edited by Big Score 1

Sorry, but a bimbo F' buddy of Vick's, who is clearly digging for gold, hasn't been much of a distraction to the Falcons.

Funny as all get out.....yes :D

But is Vick's one indiscretion, as great a distraction to the Falcons, as TO's multiple and continous antics are, to the Eagles?........Uhhhhh.........no way, not even close. :D

892061[/snapback]

My thoughts exactly. Ron Mexico's virus only infected a couple people and none were his teammates.

My thoughts exactly.  Ron Mexico's virus only infected a couple people and none were his teammates.

892066[/snapback]

Mr. Mexico's inability to throw the ball downfield is more of a distraction to the team than the my obsession on his genitalia. :D

Seriously, though, I applaud Blank for discouraging TO's idiotic behavior. As Vick gets more experience in the WCO, I expect that their passing game will be adequate, even without a superstar WR.

Now that TO's shown that he can be an arse on a very good team, not just a crappy team, others may think for a second before trying to get him, maybe. Send him back to SF, or maybe he can buddy up with Ricky in MIA.

You guys should know that even last year Mora showed no interest in TO last year saying that they didn't need his antics.  Comon Big Score stop acting like this is new news.  :D

892389[/snapback]

broncos, you have to be joking. This is new news, maybe you need to read a little closer, eh? I think after this fiasco with the Eagles, TO may find there there aren't ANY teams that would put up with his nonsense. This is now the 3rd team he's jerked around in a year. I thought it was comical that Owens said the Falcons could be on HIS list of teams to play for! :D He is now officially delusional. I wonder now that he said he'll report to Eagle's camp, if he pouts so much they have to send him home, ala the Gruden/MeShawn debacle. Should be fun to watch, if yer not an Eagles fan! (Sorry NSab!)

Blanks is shooting Blanks..if he said it!! Let's look at this psychologically....hmmmm......tell T.O. we aren't interested....Owens and agent think they have no bargaining power...so does Philly...Philly makes their stance even harder...ticking Rosenhaus/Owens off more...T.O. refuses to come to play...Philly refuses to budge..by time T.O. relents and comes in to play...Reid and Philly have moved on and it is into week 1 preparation and T.O. will not play to make a statement to him and others.....

Philly plays ...um....um again....Atlanta Falcons --Week 1--god move Blanks!!!! :D:D:D:D:D:D