[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Holy Bonus money!

Outshined

I think this means guys like Brown may miss BIG chunks of training camp. No way the Phins will offer anything near that sort of money.

894558[/snapback]

This unfortunately is probably right on the money, pardon the pun.

This type of money is the reason why the #1 overall pick is a QB every year. You can't afford that type of contract for any other position. Even if there are better players to select, you are obligated to take a QB or trade the pick to someone who will.

Guest THEbigred

Didn't even know he signed till I saw this.

I think many of the others will start falling into place now.....at least I hope so in the Colts' case.

Didn't even know he signed till I saw this.

I think many of the others will start falling into place now.....at least I hope so in the Colts' case.

894588[/snapback]

check this link, it made me feel better about the Colts having their top pick in camp on time for a change:

link

And they did sign Giordano and Welsh today too. . .

Edited by CaptainHook

I think this means guys like Brown may miss BIG chunks of training camp. No way the Phins will offer anything near that sort of money.

894558[/snapback]

I'm not sure...RW is back at camp and even though he'll miss the first month of the season on suspension, Brown knows the job is his to lose-- unless he does something stupid like hold out. I wouldn't be surprised if he signed quickly as opposed to holding out.

I'm not sure...RW is back at camp and even though he'll miss the first month of the season on suspension, Brown knows the job is his to lose-- unless he does something stupid like hold out.  I wouldn't be surprised if he signed quickly as opposed to holding out.

894665[/snapback]

Maybe, maybe not.... look at how Rivers shot himself in the foot last year. Brown and his agent also know that Williams is gone for the first 4 games, and remains a question mark beyond that. I think they will play this up as much as possible.

Guest THEbigred
check this link, it made me feel better about the Colts having their top pick in camp on time for a change:

link

And they did sign Giordano and Welsh today too. . .

894596[/snapback]

That is good.

er what tf is a Giordano (or Welsh)? To be honest the only picks I really care about are Jackson and Heyden.....

Its embarrassing how much money these top picks receive in guaranteed money, and it only goes up every year. What has Alex Smith done in the NFL again? Oh yeah, thats right....NOTHING. At this pace, #1 overall will receive 30 million in guaranteed money in 5-7 years. Its gotta stop.