[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

When does Reggie Bush get drafted

bushwacked

How many REAL defenses did say... Marshall Faulk play out there in the WAC, or how many did LT have to face down at TCU?

I stand by my previous statement... unless he botches his combine... the kid is going top 5.

The only knock on him, is that he isn't a workhorse. Well in the NFL, #1, you don't need to be a workhorse to be great, and #2 he doesnt need to be a workhorse now.

This is all going to benefit him. Unless he gets seriously hurt int he Rose Bowl, he will be coming into the NFL with no major injury to speak of, and unbelievable GAME CHANGING talent. He's a bonafied Top 5 pick. BET ON IT.

1189794[/snapback]

Please understand that Perch despises the Pac 10 and has a hot man on man homer infatuation with the likes of Cedric Benson. :D

Edited by bushwacked

Looking at the current standings I believe Bush will be a 49er come draft day.Other possibilities are the Texans,Packers and the Jets.Texans IMO should trade down to get all the help they can,especially at O-line.Packers will be in need of a big time back,I highly doubt Ahman Green is going to get the contract he wants.Jets need a QB,if they get one via trade or free agency Bush could go there with Martin getting up in years.I see the week 17 match-up of the 49er's and the Texans deciding the first pick in the draft.

Looking at the current standings I believe Bush will be a 49er come draft day.

1190749[/snapback]

Did everyone know that his high school QB was Alex Smith? That would be cool for the 2 of them to reunite in SF.

Looking at the current standings I believe Bush will be a 49er come draft day.Other possibilities are the Texans,Packers and the Jets.Texans IMO should trade down to get all the help they can,especially at O-line.Packers will be in need of a big time back,I highly doubt Ahman Green is going to get the contract he wants.Jets need a QB,if they get one via trade or free agency Bush could go there with Martin getting up in years.I see the week 17 match-up of the 49er's and the Texans deciding the first pick in the draft.

1190749[/snapback]

Good info here, and I'm not just sayin' that because he actually knows where my hometown is.

1190749[/snapback]

I agree about the Texans, Bush will get killed behind the Texan's O-Line and Davis can be a top 10 back, maybe 5, with a decent o-line. I would love to see the Texans turn there first round pick into two top notch linemen.

Well, Matt Jones is the coolest name in the whole world.  :D

1161573[/snapback]

:D

"With the first pick of the NFL draft... "

That's where he gets drafted.

1164119[/snapback]

No way whoever picks first lets this guy go. I didn't read all the responses here, so if I'm repeating information, I apologize. But the guy's a gamebreaker. So what if he's not all that "big". So what if Lendale White "does all the dirty work". Bush is a complete stud. And will be a stud in the NFL. He's a faster version of Marshall Faulk. Listen, Faulk was "too small" to be a COLLEGE running back (according to 99% of the schools that showed interest in him). SDSU was the only school that agreed to let him continue as a RB (others wanted to convert him to DB). So, that said, Bush will be fine. Faulk posted HOF numbers. Every time Bush touches the ball, he can score. If Houston gets the first pick, what do they do? They have Dom Davis. Niners? Barlow's gone, Gore could be traded or let develop. Packers, yeah, that'd work. :D

How many real run defenses has he faced?  There is no doubt the kid is fast and has great vision, but it is really hard to judge him based on the compitetion he has faced, add that into the fact that he has never really carried the load, I can't see someone taking a chance on him at #1.

1189491[/snapback]

How many real defenses are there in college football?

I'm not sold on the idea that he's the #1 overall pick, because the NFL is full of people who don't know what to do with players as versatile as Bush.

He's the featured offensive threat on one of the greatest college football teams of all-time. I don't know how that isn't a pedigree for future success at the NFL level.

How many real defenses are there in college football?

I'm not sold on the idea that he's the #1 overall pick, because the NFL is full of people who don't know what to do with players as versatile as Bush.

He's the featured offensive threat on one of the greatest college football teams of all-time. I don't know how that isn't a pedigree for future success at the NFL level.

1194836[/snapback]

Well said. You can't teach speed. Can't teach versatility. Get him in the right situation with a good enough O-line and QB, and he's gonna excel. Hopefully he won't wallow with a horrible team for too long.

• 4 weeks later...
How many real run defenses has he faced?  There is no doubt the kid is fast and has great vision, but it is really hard to judge him based on the compitetion he has faced, add that into the fact that he has never really carried the load, I can't see someone taking a chance on him at #1.

1189491[/snapback]

Good god that is the silliest thing ever. Would you please get out of Texas once in a while.

1189491[/snapback]

What in the hell do you people smoke in Texas?? Have you even watched Bush?? I suggest you take a look at him before Wed. Because your Texas D will see plenty of Reggie's :D all day long. Amazing, we really do have big ole country in the USA- you should check it out sometime.

And in my oipinion, He will be the OBVIOUS, EASY #1 pick. He is now 6'0 200- that will become 6'0 215-220 in no time. Gee, isn't that close to, lets see, LT, Alexander, Faulk, Barber,Holmes and some of the all time greats to ever play the position- Payton, Sayers, Simpson, Sanders. The talk of him being a 3rd down back is laughable.