[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

You're the Texans organization..

mggoilers

The Texans have money under the cap to play with, and I believe they can get better in a big hurry.

Sign Edgerrin James-you saw him twice a year, and he will be motivated

Sign LaCharles Bentley-versatile lineman who can play Center or Guard if Saints makes him available

Trade Dom Davis for Nate Burleson/cash or picks

Trade the Jets the #1 overall pick for John Abraham/picks/and the #4 slot and take D'Brickshaw.

Anything could happen, I just don't believe in giving an unproven RB that much guaranteed money with the #1 overall pick.

First thing I would do is decide if the linemen are good enough with a better blocking system. If not get Bentley and draft linemen.

Take Reggie Bush. Too good to pass up. Keep Dom for the time being and use them together. If Reggie can be an every down back trade him later.

With better blocking, Andre, Dom/Reggie and Car this could be an exciting team especially when putting Reggie outside as a wideout.

Edited by Randall

Out of the choices given....Sign Bentley. He is a monster. Pro Bowl at Center but came into the league at Guard, can play either. He would be a good start at shaping the line.

Agree with the above. You don't get rid of Davis yet, unless someone comes to you offering.

I would love to come play for the Texans. They got tons of money to throw and great facilities. I still think it's foolish if they draft Bush and don't load up on picks. Bush I think will be solid but one guy isn't gonna help. Bentley is a great linemen and would be a great start. This team is a good offensive line and a good playmaker on defense away from contending. Carr will be a stud, just give him a chance and get a line.

I say trade down, get a few more picks in the draft and pick Linemen. Dom Davis and Carr could both be studs. No team will ever reach the playoffs without a good offensive line. Offensive linemen are just as important as the other positions.

The #1 pick in the draft but, we have to wait and see if he can carry the ball through a full game. Yes, he's a game breaker but, I don't throw 1.1 money at anyone if I'm not reasonably sure he can carry the load. Anyone can be a bust but, if there are already question marks on durability why throw 1.1 money at him. Let me guess, he'll be the most athletic player in the league. Sound familiar. :D

The #1 pick in the draft but, we have to wait and see if he can carry the ball through a full game. Yes, he's a game breaker but, I don't throw 1.1 money at anyone if I'm not reasonably sure he can carry the load. Anyone can be a bust but, if there are already question marks on durability why throw 1.1 money at him. Let me guess, he'll be the most athletic player in the league. Sound familiar. :D

1336146[/snapback]

It's not even the money. The simple fact is that they don't need him. You cannot justify drafting him by saying, "You are gonna regret not drafting him." Such BS.

It's not even the money. The simple fact is that they don't need him. You cannot justify drafting him by saying, "You are gonna regret not drafting him." Such BS.

1336588[/snapback]

:D Agreed! Trade down. Reggie was a man among boys last year........no boys in the NFL.

What's with the Burleson thing?? :D

Edited by cheezhed

Plus, the only bright spot in that offense this past year was Dom Davis; he carried that team until he got hurt. What are you going to do, split carries between Bush and DD like Priest and LJ? That didn't work out all that great, either.

I agree that they need a bunch of O-linemen. If Carr could just stay on his feet, they might have had a chance offensively. A WR or two to help out Andre Johnson wouldn't hurt, either...

I agree with the trade down philosophy. I think Carr could be a good pro with anything that came remotely close to an o-line. That would also help Andre Johnson & D. Davis. Davis is good, he has proved that already. He may have durability questions, but how much of that is due to the lack of o-line? I just think the Texans can help themselves more by trading down and getting more picks. They should also sign some free agents to help the o-line & defense.

I don't see how someone can justify drafting Bush. No one has given a valid reason. Please, someone.

Anyone?

1337587[/snapback]

It's quite simple really - the NFL is not only a sport but also business. From that perspective the Texans will need to draft Bush or Young to put a face on the franchise and appease the fans. Ferguson may be as good as advertised but is undoubtedly less marketable than Bush/Young and what if he turns out to be, say, Robert Gallery, who was very highly touted just a couple years ago as just a notch below a Boseli (and may still turn out to be an All-Pro, but I wanted to give a recent example). That will not sit well with fans. I think the best way to go for them in this predicament when considering everything is to select Bush - not only can he team with DD and keep them both fresh and healthy, but he can also line up or roll out as a receiver and take a defender with him there and relieve some of the pressure on either Carr or on Andre Johnson, which Corey Bradford and Jabar Gaffney clearly have never nor never will accomplish. This gives them alot more flexibility and gives them that extra weapon on offense that they clearly lack, appeases the fans (and makes more sense than Vince Young unless someone offers up a boatload for Carr), and they can address their offensive line issues through some new schemes with their new staff and by signing some solid, PROVEN veterans with their cap room or also with later picks considering this is supposedly a deep draft for OL. That's my two cents.