[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

backups to watch

klo91

:D I'm thinkin' Reggie Bush, Cedric Benson, Josh McCown, Samkon Gado, Joseph Addai, Lendale White, and Matt Leinart will be starters before too long this year. All but McCown and Benson (and maybe them too) play behind players who have been injured. JMHO.

Which backups do you think will eventually get the starting job? Some of the people I think will get the job are Mike Anderson, Joey Arrington, and Corey Bradford.

Who is Joey Arrington? And I hope you don't mean Harrington, because he will NEVER take the starting spot from Daunte when he is ready to see action on the field.

Who is Joey Arrington? And I hope you don't mean Harrington, because he will NEVER take the starting spot from Daunte when he is ready to see action on the field.

Well he doesn't mean JJ Arrington taking the job from Edge either. :D

:D I'm thinkin' Reggie Bush, Cedric Benson, Josh McCown, Samkon Gado, Joseph Addai, Lendale White, and Matt Leinart will be starters before too long this year. All but McCown and Benson (and maybe them too) play behind players who have been injured. JMHO.

Not sure about Mccown and I think Deuce and Reggie could both do well. Otherwise nice list. :D

V.Morency.....won't overtake DD but will step in and do just as well, he is one guy that I am planning on having on all my teams if I can get him cheap!

FYI, Morency has a Lis-Franc sprain. Same injury that sidelined Duce Staley for a year plantar fasciitis injury.

Edited by Big Score 1

Where did you see that?

Saw it on the Texans team web site.

And does that make Lundy the backup?

Don't know who will be Dom's back up if Morency can't go. Antowain Stiff maybe?

I heard he has plantar fasciitis whatever that is.

That's it. Thanks Randall :D

Here's a quick blurb mentioning Morency's injury;

The Texans’ head coach couldn’t say enough good things about the running backs, which was bold praise considering incumbent starter Domanick Davis was sidelined while recovering from offseason knee surgery, and 2005 third-round pick Vernand Morency also missed time with plantar fasciitis.
& a link to the entire article www.houstontexans.com

Here's a link to what plantar fasciitis actually is www.physsportsmed.com

Saw it on the Texans team web site.

Don't know who will be Dom's back up if Morency can't go. Antowain Stiff maybe?

That's it. Thanks Randall :D

Here's a quick blurb mentioning Morency's injury;

& a link to the entire article www.houstontexans.com

Here's a link to what plantar fasciitis actually is www.physsportsmed.com

:D Nice post, Thanks!

I agree with everything except McCown. I don't think he'll take the job from Kitna unless he gets himself hurt. I think Kitna has a chance to have a great year and shine.

i am sure this has been said in other threads, but plantars facitiis is a very painful heel problem. it is a thinning of tissue around your heel and the constant pounding causes great pain. in the morning when you wake up you can barely walk. as you warm up it can lessen, but does not go away.

you can rest and not run or give your feet a pounding for 6 months and go and run and the pain will immediately begin to return. i have heard of a surgery to ease the pain, but most people go with some sort of orthodic in their shoe. what you try to do is get your weight on the arch of your foot rather than the heel. which for normal day to day use is not hard. but running everyday on a football field or basketball court is another matter. you see those people wearing the dorky looking shoes with springs on the heel. they are probably suffering from plantars and are willing to be mocked about their shoes in order to walk around pain free. i've got plantars, but you will never see me in those shoes :D

very difficult to ever fully recover from this ailment. this is a nagging injury that seldom goes away. you can normally still play, but it is pretty painful to do it. i would advise caution, but not totally rule a guy out who has it.

Antowain was already listed as the backup...

I think when jake_the_builder said good post, he might have been referring to the entire post Avernus. Not just the three words, "Antowain Stiff maybe?".

You know, maybe the quote of the article mentioning Morency's injury.

The link to the entire article itself.

The link to what a plantar fasciitis actually is.

I think when jake_the_builder said good post, he might have been referring to the entire post Avernus. Not just the three words, "Antowain Stiff maybe?".

You know, maybe the quote of the article mentioning Morency's injury.

The link to the entire article itself.

The link to what a plantar fasciitis actually is.

Exactly!! I didn't know what plantar fascitis was and was very pleased to see a link for it!