[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Shaun Alexander jinxed?

PaulOttCarruth

You can't argue with all these negative factors. On top of that, his last year numbers pump up expectations. He's sure to disappoint/get hurt/drop off considerably. So far I don't have to worry about him since I'm not picking top 3 in any of my leagues. :D

See Irish's post. That is exactly what's going on. Clearly you missed the Carl Peterson interview where he stated that he was giving Willie a free pass at camp, he is welcome back at anytime. Well over half the team has called him and he hasn't called ANYONE back, yet Peterson and Edwards both stated they knew where he was, what he was doing and they were respecting his decisions. Willie ONLY fake retired to avoid traning camp(where he got hurt last year BTW), the fines and to spend more time with his family. Willie PROMISED Shields and the organization that he would be back, WILL and Wille had a mutual agreement, they would only come back if the other would. Have you seen Will change his mind since Willie has? Nope, that's cause deep down everyone in this org knows he's coming back :D Rip me all you want for it, if it doesn't happen then I'll be the first to admit that I'm wrong.

Oh and BTW he hasn't filed for retirement with the National Football League, he merely wrote a letter to the org stating as such. And we don't even really know that's what the letter said, it might have said, I don't want to be in camp, I want to do such and such during that time, listed his reasons for it and they all spoke and gave him a pass. There is a mutal repect there from Roaf and the Chiefs. You may think I'm full of it, but I still think he's coming back :D

Was not ripping you, just razzing you :D

he was a rookie in 2001 and is only 26 I think......he still has one more payday coming up...

Alexander is 29 and as a RB, his career is winding down...

At the time he was made the highest paid rb, and it didn't mess up his game.

Edited by Vote Quimby2

I'm just saying I don't think he's the lock that every one else does. I have him as interchangeable with Tiki and Portis. Not a bad back to have but I wouldn't touch him in the 1 or 2 spot.

Goof stuff Kid.... :D Tiki/Portis interchangeable w/ SA?.......please

Can I be in your league, where I can grab SA at #4,5 ??

SA will have an excellent year- O is loaded, soft schedule, and he will be motivated. SA is not the type of dude to fade away after a fat contract.

At the time he was made the highest paid rb, and it didn't mess up his game.

yeah...I mean alot of RB's that get their 2nd payday are still hungry because they are playing for their 3rd and their 2nd payday usually comes well before their rookie contract expires if they are really good...

Alexander won't have another contract in his career.....this is it...

Goof stuff Kid.... :D Tiki/Portis interchangeable w/ SA?.......please

Can I be in your league, where I can grab SA at #4,5 ??

SA will have an excellent year- O is loaded, soft schedule, and he will be motivated. SA is not the type of dude to fade away after a fat contract.

Tiki led my league in scoring the last 2 years :D

:D Someone hurry help Kid Cid, he's lost it. Taking SA out of the Top Tier is lunacy!

Sometimes when you argue for dropping a certain player's value, you are actually trying to convince OTHER people to drop his value. :cough-cough: :D

Yeah, no hate on Tiki- but you are not drafting him over SA in any league, shape or form.

SA is still a LOCK for top 2 picks, 3 at worst.

Still amazes me how people doubt him every year........

I still have Tiki 4th....

but if someone puts him over any of the big 3...I wouldn't argue....I would just call it a little foolish IMO....

:D Alexander will be very much motivated to make it to the Super Bowl once again this year. He hears all the stuff people say about his running ability and that he is soft and that he is just playing now for the money. Trust me, no jinx will hold this guy back he is very motivated and takes good care of his body. He wont slow down this year, granted he may not score as many TD's as last, but he will rush for over 1000 yards and will be good for at least 18-20 TD. I would have no problems taking him in the first round, unless Roaf comes back for the Oline in KC, I see Alexander as #1 pick any FF draft. But thats just me I kind alike the Seahawks anyway!! :D

yeah...I mean alot of RB's that get their 2nd payday are still hungry because they are playing for their 3rd and their 2nd payday usually comes well before their rookie contract expires if they are really good...

Alexander won't have another contract in his career.....this is it...

Well, that's it everyone. :D The verdict is in, and appearantly Alexander won't ever have another contract year. This. Is. It. :D I'm dropping Alexander to the waiver wire, given the value and truth behind this statement, it appears I have wasted a keeper spot on my rost by selecting Shaun Alexander. :D

Larry Johnson is the 1 of the big 3 I worry about. he lost his bread and butter in Roaf and he has a new coach who is gonna have a much more predictable offense.

yup. I couldn't agree more. I was in love with him last year (who wasn't, i guess). He was simply brilliant. But that O-line could get a gymnast a thousand yard season i believe...or COULD'VE I should say...:D