[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Dayne signed by Texans

Big Score 1

Well, I think we can safely assume Dayne will never be a star in this league but the same cannot be assumed about Lundy at this point.

Than I think you're mistaken sir. He hasn't had the opportunity since he left NYG. Do I think he WILL be a star. No. Do I think he CAN be a star. Yes.

Anyone can turn things around for themselves when given the chance.

See Tiki Barber 2 years ago. Nobody was talking about him, and people were avoiding him in FF drafts. Now he's a super-stud. Being in the top 3 of my league's the last 2 seasons. And he doesn't look like he's slowing down.

See Rich Gannon in OAK a few seasons ago. Went from CFL tryouts to NFL MVP.

See Trent Green.

See Mushin Muhammad 2 years ago when Smith went down. Everyone had written him off.

I could go on, but I think my point has been illustrated.

Edited by Raider.Nation

That Ron Dayne Train just keeps on a rolling down the path of fantasy football destruction............. :D

You are totally missing the boat.

I say Dayne or anyone for that matter put in a position to succeed could actually succeed.

You hear Dayne man love.

Completely missing the point and a meaningful discussion about this situation in HOU.

dayne has failed every time he has been put in a situation to succeed. Which is why this arguement is so ridiculous. If Dayne had ever shown any sort of life whatsoever, he would still be in NY, not cut from there, and then cut from Denver as well.

dayne has failed every time he has been put in a situation to succeed. Which is why this arguement is so ridiculous. If Dayne had ever shown any sort of life whatsoever, he would still be in NY, not cut from there, and then cut from Denver as well.

I can agree with the fact that he failed in NY, but I won't take DEN into consideration. Shanny traded away one of the league's premier RB's just to give the rock to a 5'2" Quentin Griffin. He's got a few screws loose.

I'm just open to debating this topic that's all. I'm not one of those guys who has an opinion, and rejects anyone else's.

I love that avatar, but you are reaching with those stats. I know you pulled them out of yer ass and have no valid reason to post them. I am no ff guru like alot of posters here come off to be, I just look at the reality of the NFL

1- Cap... Lundi, Morency cheap, most FF'ers never even heard of these f*ckers, landed in a good spot maybe, but odds are they will fail.

2- 53 man roster is precious, why would Kubiak cut needed depth to add Dayne ? Mistrust in what RB's he has now is how I see it.

I love to see rooks like this get hyped so much the fools take them way too early on (re) draft day. Nobody knew who they were in 2005 yet they fall into a percieved good situation and then all of a sudden they are the second coming of Barry Sanders......

Funny. I have a refrigerator magnet with a chicken banging an Egg that says “Who came first?” Your avy reminders me of that. While I respect your opinion on the matter please re-read my post:

I think Wali is gonna suprise a lot of people. final stats for the season 1050 and 6 tds.

It’s my opinion that’s all. I’m not basing anything on facts. Nothing "pulled" out of my ass like you suggested. So next time, make sure you read the post before posting worthless crap that like and "trying' to make bad.

:D

K,

thanks

Edited by cliaz

From the Houston Chronicle

"He gives us a real bruiser," Kubiak said. "He can pound the ball. He's got more size tan our other two. Because we're familiar with him, he can step right into our offense on Tuesday and know exactly what we're doing. At this point that's a tremendous advantage for us."

Rookie Wali Lundy, who will start at running back is 5-10 and weighs 214 pounds. Vernand Morency, the other back on the Texans roster, is 5-9 and weighs 212 pounds.

Dayne, who weighs 245 pounds, is expected to be used in short-yardage and goalline situations.

Doesn't sound like Dayne is on tap to be the featured back, but (if physically sound) will get the first crack inside the five. Fewer TD's for Lundy if that is the case, but not a big yardage hit. This would diminish his value.

Doesn't sound like Dayne is on tap to be the featured back, but (if physically sound) will get the first crack inside the five. Fewer TD's for Lundy if that is the case, but not a big yardage hit. This would diminish his value.

That quote cracked me up! That's what the Giants thought too, then they went and got Jacobs to do that duty cause Dayne couldn't move a pile of dogoh poopy. :D

Well in that case, what has Lundy done in the NFL? I'm not arguing against your point here, just saying that until the smoke clears in HOU, you never know what could happen. I don't think Denver got rid of Dayne because he was so bad, but because they realized that they had 3 guys who could get it done at a very cheap price.

They cut ties with Droughns, Portis, Anderson, etc because they didn't necessarily need those guys. They have a system with a fantastic offensive line. That's what makes those 1000 yard rushers so automatic.

The smoke has cleared. When someone gets named starter, that is the clearing of smoke.

The difference is, the guys you named above were STARTERS in Denver. Dayne couldn't even crack the line-up until someone got hurt.

Dayne got picked up because they need another RB, and he already knows the system.

Lundy was hand picked. Dayne won't even see field. Lundy is going to run with this job and NEVER give it back.

And how many times must we witness Dayne hit in the backfield in goal line situations and go nowhere?

That quote cracked me up! That's what the Giants thought too, then they went and got Jacobs to do that duty cause Dayne couldn't move a pile of dogoh poopy. :D

True, true. But Kubiak sounds like he's going to give Dayne the opportunity in that role. And those opportunities will come at the expense of another back. Whether Dayne keeps getting those opportunities depends on his effectiveness.