[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Rumor: the package Oakland would give up for Vick

Dr. Rock

This of course means there's no way it's true, but if I'm the Falcons I think I jump on this immediately.

From foxsports.com

"The Oakland Raiders are preparing to make a run at Falcons QB Michael Vick, according to NFL sources. The Raiders package would include receivers Randy Moss and Jerry Porter plus the No.1 overall pick in the 2007 draft for Vick and the Falcons first round pick (10th overall)."

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First, no way Atlanta would include their first round pick in that trade. Second or third, maybe, but no way a first.

Second, if I ran the Falcons I wouldn't want those two aging malcontents on my team.

I can't see that deal getting done.

:D

Trading first round picks and Vick would be a fair deal, but I wouldn't want him. God I hope this doesn't happen, then my 3 least favorite players in the NFL will all have been Raiders- Sapp, Moss and Vick.

This would be stupid and the further ruin of the Raiders.

First, no way Atlanta would include their first round pick in that trade. Second or third, maybe, but no way a first.

Second, if I ran the Falcons I wouldn't want those two aging malcontents on my team.

I can't see that deal getting done.

I don't know if I don't believe this is close to being true becuase it's such a stupid trade from Atlanta's point of view or if I really wish it just wouldn't happen.

Funny - first two replies were : stupid if Atlanta doesn't make the deal / stupid if they do make the deal

Thing here is all the players involved have baggage, and sometimes the best thing to do about baggage is to put it on a plane for good.

I think the Falcons have to include their pick at 10 to make it happen, but with Shaub ready to go (who knows what he'll do, but he seems to be the most sought after backup in the league so time to get him on the field), and adding Moss to a WR corps that needs a 1 and some experience....I think the Falcons do it.

Raiders - i don't know - really depends on how sour Porter and Moss really are. If they are just done with Oakland, then do this, draft a WR, make Curry your top guy....gotta be better than this year. it's a good shot in the arm to both teams imo

Listen. I have the right answer!

This is the dumbest thing I've heard yet. Why would the Raiders put Vick in the same situation that he has now with no quality receivers and a crappy OL. Dumb idea. Vick is ATL not just the Falcons and with the drug thing being a fluke Vick is definetely staying in ATL and will have a great first season with Petrino.

Why would the Raiders put Vick in the same situation that he has now with no quality receivers and a crappy OL. Dumb idea.

:D

Crappy Oline yes, but don't discredit what Curry and Gabrial can do.

They are very good recievers when someone can get the ball to them. Not that Vick is the guy to do that... but still.

On another note, I also think this is a terrible move to make for the Raiders with out getting a new head coach in on the decision making. Seems like an offseason move that a coach should have a say in...

Then again, Al has all say. So nevermind.

While this doesn't sound like a bad deal (although the Raiders won't give up the #1 overall pick), it would still cost the Falcons a $22 million cap hit. Even if they released a ton of players, I'm not sure if they'd be able to make it under the cap again next season.

Hmm, let's see :thinking:give Schaub, the better NFL proto-type QB-two possible good WR-again, Also, this years #1 for the #10...for Michael Vick?? If there is any validity to this at all, then the Falcons would be the laughing stocks of the league not to take it, then grab Calvin Johnson outta GT-friggin no brainer.

Edited by Capt. Waffle

Could be good all the way around.

With nobody to block for the QB, the Raiders need somebody who can scramble for his life. Vick fits the bill perfectly.

Atlanta would win four-fold with the deal IMO. More traditional QB so that the restof the team can know better what to expect on each play instead of improvising all the time. Two talented WRs who might just need a change of scenery (even if only one of them works out its still a good deal). And then also a first round pick... holy schnikes!

Honestly I do not think you can say the Falcons have no WRs because that is almost entirely about Vick. When Schaub plays, the wideouts magically come to life. Michael Jenkins was a high first round pick and is very talented. I'd bump him up pretty good in rankings if he had Schaub as a QB. No ATL wideout had more than 40 catches in 2006 - that's mostly all on Vick.

Honestly I do not think you can say the Falcons have no WRs because that is almost entirely about Vick. When Schaub plays, the wideouts magically come to life. Michael Jenkins was a high first round pick and is very talented. I'd bump him up pretty good in rankings if he had Schaub as a QB. No ATL wideout had more than 40 catches in 2006 - that's mostly all on Vick.

I have often thought the same thing-"Why does Schaub always look so good"-did he not have a 400 yd+ passing game in relief of Vick?? Lost the game if memory serves.

Edited by Capt. Waffle

Yes, better to have just one younger malcontent in Vick than to have two older ones in Moss and Porter. :D

Atlanta would be smart to rid themselves of the tumor that is Vick anyway they can...if they have to take-on Moss and Porter for a season or two, who cares? It's not like they are giving up a shot at the title with Vick running the show.

Unload his atrocious salary, take the #1 pick, and cut Moss/Porter in a year or two if they don't work out.