[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Calvin Johnson = fast

rajncajn

Hmmmmm... only 3 out of the top twenty picks in last years draft passes up the combine, Lienart, Bush and Mario Williams. But, whatever...

Ah, but some show up and don't run the 40, or do any of the throwing drills. They wait till their Pro Day at their respective schools. A few don't show up at all, like u said.

It would not be a bad pick it just is not really a position they need help at. The have Roy Williams and they just signed Furry to a long term deal. Also, Mike Williams is also in the mix (for now). The best pick would be to pick Quinn but if not, grab Joe Thomas.

that's true, i didn't know for sure what furrey's contract status was. so it's not exactly a hugh position of need, but still, if he's clearly the best player available i don't think mike furrey keeps you from drafting him.

I heard a rumor on Sirus NFL that Detroit is looking at going after Kevin Curtis in the FA market as well. Martz knows him, and he knows Martz's system, so it probably isn't that far fetched.

Hmmmmm... only 3 out of the top twenty picks in last years draft passes up the combine, Lienart, Bush and Mario Williams. But, whatever...

If you remember last year, it was supposed to be a pretty weak draft towards the front of the draft. A lot more players had more to prove. This year there are more players that are absolute locks to be in the first half of the first round.

I doubt it. I'll believe it when he runs it OFFICIALLY at the combine. He is supposed to be in the high 4.4s to 4.5s. Not sure how he got fast all-of-a-sudden...

Indeed ... Now, why would someone release a super fast speeeed if it wasn't completely legit? It's not like he's at one of those enhancement camps that trains you -- not to play better, but to -- to boost your specific measurables that is pimping itself allllllll over sports media at the moment? :D

forget about the past for a second....don't you really think that is the best pick he could make there? if they're not going to grab quinn (which makes the most sense to me), why not take calvin if he's the best player on the board? detroit's problem has been the PLAYERS they have picked, not the positions they have picked.

True. But you can't forget about the past. So I'll give you 3 reasons why the Lions can't draft Johnson:

1) Charles Rogers

2) Roy Williams

3) Mike Williams

the last being a "best player on the board" pick.

Maybe the Lions could find somebody intested in Johnson and trade down. They have needs at every position (with a WR probably being the least of their needs). :D

I heard a rumor on Sirus NFL that Detroit is looking at going after Kevin Curtis in the FA market as well. Martz knows him, and he knows Martz's system, so it probably isn't that far fetched.

As a Curtis owner I'd love to see this happen. Mad Mikey is starting to get that O rolling in DET, and Curtis would be a great compliment to R Williams, allowing Furrey to move into the slot, & voila! you have the Greatest Show on Turf II shaping up. On top of that, Lineman has really stunted Holt's production in the second half of last year & I can't see the #2 WR in STL making a huge impact if Holt isn't getting his share.

That said, STL has $7.3M more cap space available than DET, and Bruce is really getting up there in age. I can't imagine that DET will be able to make an offer that would be larger than what STL would pay to keep him. That would mean that Curtis would have to want to get out of STL & be reunited with Martz (which he ought to be able to figure out will be for a very limited time, since Martz is going to be sniffing around for another HC position) enough to take less pay to leave.