[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Pacman suspended for entire 07 season

chiefjay

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

they are talking about this right now on nfl live. they are mentioning that pacman has 6 or 7 stipulations in his suspension that if he meets, he can then apply after week 10 to have his punishment shortened. they are saying henry does not have this option.

I'm sure if Henry breaks a few of those 6 or 7 type stipulations, he too can be out for 10 weeks. :D

oh, and another interesting note, they just mentioned if pacman doesn't play one bit this year, that he loses that year on his tenure to becoming a free agent.

Believe a player must be available 6 weeks to get credit for the year. Holdouts usually shoot for 10 weeks then report.

]

That's my guess but they could go after KRob, Odell Thurman and several Bengals players.

Nah. KRob (I think) and Thurman (I know - serving a one year suspension beginning week 5 last season) have already been punished under the old systems.

And "several other Bengals players", while widely publicized as part of the crew that had more arrests than team wins have one altercation, not multiple, and were already fined/punished. Besides, I had the sense that these new punishments were going to be aimed more toward the repeat offenders. Pacman and Henry just keep having issue after issue.

I like it....but aside from the income loss....does this have the feeling of a "school suspension" to anyone else? In that I mean....it gives them MORE time to themselves to get into more trouble?

Will their respective teams require them to be at all practices, meetings and functions AND be on the sidelines (street clothes) during their games? :D

Pretty clear this is not the case. Jones isn't allowed to participate in team practices for the duration. I've got to say...I don't have too much faith he'll NOT get into trouble being turned out on his own basically.

I agree with you. The more time they have on their hands the more trouble they can get into. I still agree that the NFL has to do something to crack down - but why not let them attend meetings and practice and everything else - just not play or get paid. If they have a chance to hang out with their team, the team might be able to be a positive influence. This is of course not a new theory and even Favre said something to that effect when Koren Robinson was suspended IIRC. But, as others have brought up - it will probably all be appealed by the players union and maybe both suspensions will be reduced but they still will have too much time to get into trouble. These "men" need to learn how to be men and not feel they are "above" the law just because they are professional athletes. The first one to get into trouble might be the first one banned from football for life :D Sounds at least like the new commish is serious.

My 2 cents

Nah. KRob (I think) and Thurman (I know - serving a one year suspension beginning week 5 last season) have already been punished under the old systems.

And "several other Bengals players", while widely publicized as part of the crew that had more arrests than team wins have one altercation, not multiple, and were already fined/punished. Besides, I had the sense that these new punishments were going to be aimed more toward the repeat offenders. Pacman and Henry just keep having issue after issue.

NFL Network said teams could also be punished with fine or lowering of the salary cap if players keep getting in trouble. They did sy loss of draft picks would be unlikely.

The Bengals may want to rein in some of their problems.

Edited by Randall

The man has not even been convicted yet. What happen to the courts decision if its him in the wrong. Worst case. What if no of his charges even get a conviction or an admission of guilt.

Arrested or questioned 10 times in 2 years? On video shown beating a woman up? His body guard is being sought after for shooting people adam said he was gonna kill, paralyzing one?

You need to step back and realize this is not nice lawyer get me off ala OJ.

I for one am surprised, but think the punishment is warranted for pacman, henry, not so sure.

Arrested or questioned 10 times in 2 years? On video shown beating a woman up? His body guard is being sought after for shooting people adam said he was gonna kill, paralyzing one?

You need to step back and realize this is not nice lawyer get me off ala OJ.

I for one am surprised, but think the punishment is warranted for pacman, henry, not so sure.

NFL Network said they have records of 15 run ins.

Pacman lives ~1.5 miles from my house. I didnt know it until George Jones called the po po's on Pacman for riding his 4 wheeler on Old Possum's land. Well, I live one neighborhood over from George so I knew he had to live close by. Long story short, a buddy of mine has a landscape company that does Pacmans yard. I called him and asked where the house was and he told me. I rolled over to Pacs crib in my pimped out Dodge Caravan with Twenty-Fo's and saw his compound. One good thing about is that you can see 5-0 coming from a mile away! :D It is fugly and looks like a prison, so at least he will feel at home once he gets convicted... :D

Here is the other thing. My friend told me that that house sold for ~$2M but he only put $200k down on it. What a f'n idiot. He also "owns" 5 other houses as well from Texas to Georgia to Florida. He is about to be financially strapped with the loss of his salary. I would assume he would have to sell some of that real estate or one of the dozen ultra-expensive rides he has. There is a word for this kind of moran that comes into a large sum of money and blows it, but I need to call Don Imus to check what it is...

This is the end of his career. Bye!

I dont believe that this is the end of his career. He is suspended for the year and may actually come back after week 10. He will get another chance if he stays out of trouble. Hopefully this is a wakeup call for him.