[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Bears

gbpfan1231

Once again, this has nothing to do with Green Bay. Green Bay blew out Chicago at the end of the year. I guess that means Green Bay is better than the Bears. Why just because I say the Bears are not this elite team that all Bear fans think that they are it automatically means that I am saying the Packers are better. I may look like an ass but you can't read and are saying things that have nothing to do with my original comments.

All I am saying is the Bears are not an elitew team as long as Rex is the QB and the first couple series of tonights game shows it. Yes it is preseason but he again looked horrible and made too many mistakes.

Sorry to break it to you - but their D got better, and was already elite.

No wonder you avoided meeting me in LA - you've got no game.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Everyone knows that except for alot of Bears fans.

You'll never teach them to be logical, they've been doing it their way too long, they have experience.

?Griese Brian about How

Oops I guess my keyboard (like my mouth) got ahead of my brain.

:D

Then what are you aiming at? You're talking trash about a team that came into Green Bay and blew them out at home to start the season off, then went on to the big game... I guess I just don't see the logic, or lack there of within this thread...

I stand by my initial post, you look like an ass.

This is what I love, he has said this was not a comparison, its not a the Packers are better thread. But, instead of addressing the point of a healthy debate and defending your QB your answer is "yeah well you suck". As Aristotle said, It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to ENTERTAIN a thought without accepting it. In other words, you can admit Grossman is probably not a quality NFL QB without having to give up your season tickets.

Finally, the Ravens are proof positive that DST can win games and big ones at that. But just like DST can win games, QBs can lose them by not managing the game well. He may only have 1 season as a starter but it was his 4th in the league and you have to learn something in those years don't you?

That would be about the only one, but given that he was an absolute gamble coming off surgery he was a signing gamble they didn't want to make, and even in hindsight I cannot fault them for that. I was mixed about the possibility at the time.

Carr? LMAO. Green? Puh-Lease, the Bears are one of the younger teams in the NFL and he's a shell since that hit last year, well past his prime and will prolly give way in Miami this season in all likelihood.

So the 3 suggestions are an absolute failure in Carr, who's never best game can't measure up to Gorssman's best games from last year, and over the hill Trent Green or an injury risk signing in Drew Brees.

There you go. It's easy to say replace him and those are the best choices.

2009 - McNabb is a Bear. Save this post.

To be fair, Carr never had a chance to throw the ball in Houston. It seemed like he was sacked 2 times every series.

I agree with you on Green.

What about Garcia?

You are right gbpfan1231....it's over for the Bears. Hey, are you related to gbpfan1397? That guy sure is missing a lot of teeth, but he's funny.

That's a "no" so shut the f up already, go eat a brat and wish your team was as good as ours.

Bet offer rescinded, momo.

Never bet w/ an Id10T! Ask spain and H8!

I am just trying to educate a few of the less fortunate and brain depleted people.

Dam....you know your football well. Stick to bowling, as I'm sure you are better at that.

Take the bet or shut up!

Why just because I say the Bears are not this elite team that all Bear fans think that they are it automatically means that I am saying the Packers are better. I may look like an ass but you can't read and are saying things that have nothing to do with my original comments.

You'll never teach them to be logical, they've been doing it their way too long, they have experience.

This is what I love, he has said this was not a comparison, its not a the Packers are better thread. But, instead of addressing the point of a healthy debate and defending your QB your answer is "yeah well you suck".

Actually guys, I hate to rain on your parade but...

I'm a die hard life long packers fan...

And my point was to say that you're embarrassing as a packer fan.

None of the bears fans jumped on the board two weeks ago to let us know that the first team offense didn't put up a first down, did they?

What's your point? That defense and special teams dont win games?

Point is the Bears "suck"...if they weren't in a weak division they wouldn't even be contenders.....winning the "NORSE" is no feat....get lucky in a playoff game and they could be primed for losing to a quality team....Grossman & Benson will not carry them this year....want to make a bet make one about repeating NFC Champs and winning a Super Bowl....Colts "D" looked like freaking "iron curtain" in Super Bowl and they sucked all year....Bears will not go back to the Super Bowl! That is the only bet worth betting....a decent bet....they may not win the Norse if Viqueens or Lionless find "D"'s...LOL....

Lastly ST and "D" win games...but getting those scores should not be how your "O" gets field position and fails to score again, and again and again...Gould is definitely worth a psoition on your roster thanks to the inept Grossman!! :D

Point is the Bears "suck"...if they weren't in a weak division they wouldn't even be contenders.....winning the "NORSE" is no feat....get lucky in a playoff game and they could be primed for losing to a quality team....Grossman & Benson will not carry them this year....want to make a bet make one about repeating NFC Champs and winning a Super Bowl....Colts "D" looked like freaking "iron curtain" in Super Bowl and they sucked all year....Bears will not go back to the Super Bowl! That is the only bet worth betting....a decent bet....they may not win the Norse if Viqueens or Lionless find "D"'s...LOL....

Lastly ST and "D" win games...but getting those scores should not be how your "O" gets field position and fails to score again, and again and again...Gould is definitely worth a psoition on your roster thanks to the inept Grossman!! :D

I think that saying the Bears suck is a bit extreme, don't you..??...

Then what are you aiming at? You're talking trash about a team that came into Green Bay and blew them out at home to start the season off, then went on to the big game... I guess I just don't see the logic, or lack there of within this thread...

I stand by my initial post, you look like an ass.

I think most reasonable GB fans here are a bit embarrassed by gbpfan2112 - he's acting like he's from Dallas or Chi-town, fer cryin' out loud.

To be fair, Carr never had a chance to throw the ball in Houston. It seemed like he was sacked 2 times every series.

I agree with you on Green.

What about Garcia?

QUOTE(Pope Flick @ 8/20/07 9:22pm)

Who has been available recently, and how often do trades happen?

Really, everyone keeps saying DUMP REX - but for who over the past 2 off-seasons?

Jeff Garcia

he ducked that one...

Really, everyone keeps saying DUMP REX - but for who over the past 2 off-seasons?

Jeff Garcia

he ducked that one...

Um, yeah - hanging your team's hopes on a 37 year old, weak-armed, bald Mexican is a GREAT idea.

I don't think Lovie taking a chance that Grossman's upside might pay off is the worst idea I've ever seen. He at least deserves as much of a chance as Timm Rosenbach, Dave Brown, and Tim Couch got.

I think most reasonable GB fans here are a bit embarrassed by gbpfan2112 - he's acting like he's from Dallas or Chi-town, fer cryin' out loud.

What did I say that was so bad? Every night I hear on local radio about how the Bears are destined to be in the super bowl again and this year they will definately win it.

All I am trying to do is point out that they have a major flaw and that is Grossman. he looked horrible and it the past few years there defense and special teams have had amazing years - yes I admit the defense and special teams are great but they can't keep scoring on 6 kick returns and punt returns and running back missed field goals for touchdowns. It can only take them so far.

The NFC North is a bad division this year with some teams rebuilding and the Bears may not run away with it this year and they will probably get knocked out in teh playoffs early.

I will eat crow and admit I was way off if they get to the super bowl and Rex has a decent year but I don't see it happening.

Why would I bet $ on the Packers beating the Bears? Nothing against pope but that woudl be a dumb bet on my part.

Signed,

gbpfan6969

That would be about the only one, but given that he was an absolute gamble coming off surgery he was a signing gamble they didn't want to make, and even in hindsight I cannot fault them for that. I was mixed about the possibility at the time.

Carr? LMAO. Green? Puh-Lease, the Bears are one of the younger teams in the NFL and he's a shell since that hit last year, well past his prime and will prolly give way in Miami this season in all likelihood.

So the 3 suggestions are an absolute failure in Carr, who's never best game can't measure up to Gorssman's best games from last year, and over the hill Trent Green or an injury risk signing in Drew Brees.

There you go. It's easy to say replace him and those are the best choices.

2009 - McNabb is a Bear. Save this post.

You forgot about Garcia.

Not once did I say the Packers are better than the Bears. I am just saying the Bears are not that great of a team. A few years back it was the same - win a bunch of games on lucky special teams and weird defensive scores and lose to a better team in the playoffs.

Last year same thing. They were not that good of a team and they never will be with Rex in the game.

You are right they are better than the Packers but I can admit when the Packers are not that great.

The Bears are not an elite team and everyone is talking Super Bowl. They are not a super bowl team with Rex.

OK...good commentary....which is all it is BTW. The season is where everything counts. Rex is our QB....and the media needs to quick nitpicking on Rex simply because he may be the only weak link this team has.

Challenge for you....position by position grade the Bears....my bet is you get lots of A's....couple of B's...one C. That my friend is a great team.

Bears will not go back to the Super Bowl! That is the only bet worth betting....a decent bet....

Figure this is as good a time as any to re-mention I do have this bet. I also have a bet with the same person that SF will win more than 7 games. I'm trying to figure out where I'm gonna spend it. :D

Jeff Garcia

he ducked that one...

Well, I MISSED that one in the mileu, but let's remember Garcia's track record: VERY GOOD on the 49ers and in spot duty last year with the Eagles. Both good teams at the time, but also both WCO teams. He was GAWDAWFUL with the Lions and Browns, both BAD teams that didn't run the WCO.

So the Bears are a VERY GOOD team that don't run the WCO. That suggestion means dumping one of their 3 QBs on their roster in favor of a guy who has never looked good in a system they are running. I would say the Brees suggestion has more merit, but as I pointed out earlier - his shoulder was thought to be hamburger by some at the time and his salary requirement was beyond what the Bears could afford at that position.

That simply further reinforces my position: who available over the past 2 years is a clear upgrade over Grossman? I've gotten 2 over the hill suggestions(Green + Garcia) , an injury risk signing (Brees), and a David Carr and Daunte Culpepper suggestion. Matt Schaub? Grossman's 2 backups have accomplished more than he has to date.

The defense rests. Sticking with Grossman who has motivation to bury his SB performance in the final year of his contract, so he's also motivated for $ is still the best option. I'm not saying I'm happy with said option, but I still have yet to be given a clear cut, better option.

In fact, the best replacement is already on their team: Kyle Orton, and yes I'm serious. Kid has moxie, won 10 games as a rook with basically no reps in camp that year and when he should have been holding a clipboard and being observed so as not to injure his finger ligaments with his pen.

Look at what the Colts D did in their 2 AFC playoff games last year, then rethink your statement and realize their D didn't only succeed against the Bears, they peaked and rolled through the playoffs, and were the playoff's best unit for 3 weeks.

Also, what is this "norse" division you speak of? :D

Mr. Wizards: Get me the Vegas odds for the Bears going to the Super Bowl (6 to 1 or something like that -we need the exact number) and I'll make that $10 bet against your $60 as long as you agree to put the cash in the hands of a 3rd party we both agree to before the season starts.

And yes gbpf1234567890 it would have been stupid for you to acceppt my bet. Which was why I made the offer to YOU and not all packer fans on this board.

Point is the Bears "suck"...if they weren't in a weak division they wouldn't even be contenders.....winning the "NORSE" is no feat....get lucky in a playoff game and they could be primed for losing to a quality team....Grossman & Benson will not carry them this year....want to make a bet make one about repeating NFC Champs and winning a Super Bowl....Colts "D" looked like freaking "iron curtain" in Super Bowl and they sucked all year....I guess that means Larry Johnson Sucks cause he didn't gain much yardage on them either....or maybe they started playing better a couple three games after the big arse Booger got on the line...maybe...dunno...LOLBears will not go back to the Super Bowl! That is the only bet worth betting....a decent bet....they may not win the Norse if Viqueens or Lionless find "D"'s...LOL....

Jeff Garcia

he ducked that one...

Jeff Garcia???? Are you freaking kidding me!!!! LOL...nice try...but Jeff Garcia did so well in Cleveland....and well...I don't really think he is that good. But if you want Jeff Garcia....draft him as your fantasy starter!