[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Riddle-How do you turn a 6th round draft pick into a stud QB

PantherDave

I haven't been following this situation that much, but I can't help but disagree with PD here.

If BB was cheating, on purpose, that sucks, and the team (or just him) should be punished. But to take away what Brady is (and I hate him. Dear God do i hate Tom Brady...words just dont express...) is really not fair.

First of all, we dont know Brady even knew anything about the camera guy (as far as I know) BB could've just been sending in the plays and saying "watch for this" or "go deep on this one" or whatever. Brady could just be the unsuspecting pawn.

He still throws a perfect ball, still goes through all his reads, and still doesn't get flustered (unless the Colts beat him, then he wont answer questions..GOD I HATE HIM) and is the perfect face of a franchise.

Now, this does explain why BB is never willing to over pay for anyone, because he knew, he could help any offensive player with the beforehand information.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't been following this situation that much, but I can't help but disagree with PD here.

If BB was cheating, on purpose, that sucks, and the team (or just him) should be punished. But to take away what Brady is (and I hate him. Dear God do i hate Tom Brady...words just dont express...) is really not fair.

First of all, we dont know Brady even knew anything about the camera guy (as far as I know) BB could've just been sending in the plays and saying "watch for this" or "go deep on this one" or whatever. Brady could just be the unsuspecting pawn.

He still throws a perfect ball, still goes through all his reads, and still doesn't get flustered (unless the Colts beat him, then he wont answer questions..GOD I HATE HIM) and is the perfect face of a franchise.

Now, this does explain why BB is never willing to over pay for anyone, because he knew, he could help any offensive player with the beforehand information.

[hijack]

why is it he doesnt get any flack for fathering a bastard child :D role model my ass

[/hijack]

PD may have struck a nerve with some, but it does make you think.......unless your just a "Blind Ass Homer". Bottom line and team name aside, the league did not need this after the Vick crap and the the other major sport hoop-la that has gone on this year. It is just very bad timing period-no matter who the team is, but the fact that it's the Pat's and not say....the Lions does most likely affect public perception of the Pat's success.

lol at you people

right "okay they're running a cover 2....lets have randy run 60 yards downfield and see if he can beat triple coverage and tom can drop the ball perfectly"...i take it you didnt watch the game panther dave...but brady threw 3 other perfect balls to moss where only he could grab him with a defender draped on him

im sure these signals helped ellis hobbs run back that kick 108 yards too...

lol

Boston is an embarassment.

Their basketball team is losing game on purpose to get more ping pong balls for the draft lottery, and their football team is cheating like this.

The bashing and piling on is getting ridiculously out of hand. Did PantherDave really need to start another thread on this topic and ignorantly title it about turning a 6th round draft pick into a stud QB solely because of cheating?

Nobody knows what the outcome of this is. Nobody knows for sure any cheating was going on. It may not look good right now, but maybe we should let nature takes its course before putting asterisks next to Super Bowl titles, forfeiting games and taking everything away from all the players on the Patriots roster who are working their tails off every day.

....well, when he knows exactly what DT's have been doing for "X" number of years, most likely has been "radioed in" before it became fashionable to be so. Sorry NE homers, but your boy will never, ever carry my repsect ever again. TB is forever tarnished in my eyes due to this fiasco that NE has brought upon it's collected selves. If you think they have not been "up to something" for awhile now.....well, just keep dreaming the dream. The NE Pat's are flat out cheaters, from thier owner, all the way down to the asst. tape boy. Thanks NE for fugging up the opening of the season with this Pandora's Box.....and the box is now open. What a bunch of tools they have up their in Boston-fuggin disgust me to no end.

:D soooooo, this is why the 1st overall draft pick Drew Bledsoe was so effective before Tom Brady took over......ooohhhh....it all makes sense now!! :wacko:

:D

The bashing and piling on is getting ridiculously out of hand. Did PantherDave really need to start another thread on this topic and ignorantly title it about turning a 6th round draft pick into a stud QB solely because of cheating?

Nobody knows what the outcome of this is. Nobody knows for sure any cheating was going on. It may not look good right now, but maybe we should let nature takes its course before putting asterisks next to Super Bowl titles, forfeiting games and taking everything away from all the players on the Patriots roster who are working their tails off every day.

Yes, I did, I have ??? about the Pat organazation....this is a public forum....the Pat's look pretty bad about right now....plus, not knowing his draft position would have been ignorant.....but it was the 6th round sunshine outta Michigan etc etc. The Pat's have black-clouded the start of the season and I don't like it, if you have a problem with that because you are a Pat homer....to fuggin bad, so deal with it.

Yes, I did, I have ??? about the Pat organazation....this is a public forum....the Pat's look pretty bad about right now....plus, not knowing his draft position would have been ignorant.....but it was the 6th round sunshine outta Michigan etc etc. The Pat's have black-clouded the start of the season and I don't like it, if you have a problem with that because you are a Pat homer....to fuggin bad, so deal with it.

+1

Belichick admitted they did wrong. Put the kool-aid down.

This is worse than the Vick thing, and we're (as you have said) just getting past the surface: this cuts to the heart of the integrity of the game.

I believe people are jumping to conclusion a little early here...yea cheating is bad, but people always try to steal signs from each other no matter the sport. That's why they try to hide it. If this really worked, and they were videotaping the signs, did they have those streamed in to the head coach right away so Tom Brady and company went straight down the field on the first drive?

It's kinda sad that most people hate the Patriots and want take away everything away and say, these players have no talent. If the teams are too stupid to change the signals, then they deserve to get their plays stolen. If they were stealing the Colts signals, why did they still beat them? Maybe the Colts were actually smart and called different plays, change signals, etc.

I bet if they did this against the Chargers last year it worked, because Marty Ball is nothing but about 5 plays.

Belichick admitted they did wrong. Put the kool-aid down.

This is worse than the Vick thing, and we're (as you have said) just getting past the surface: this cuts to the heart of the integrity of the game.

Really? Worse than Vick? Killing tons of dogs is NOT as bad as a game? Yes, it hurts the integrity of the game, but it wasn't killing any animals (unless any of you were shooting pets after your team lost to the patriots).

Nobody knows what the outcome of this is. Nobody knows for sure any cheating was going on. It may not look good right now, but maybe we should let nature takes its course before putting asterisks next to Super Bowl titles.

The The only 6 time Super Bowl Winners and YOUR DADDY * still stands thought right?

Really? Worse than Vick? Killing tons of dogs is NOT as bad as a game? Yes, it hurts the integrity of the game, but it wasn't killing any animals (unless any of you were shooting pets after your team lost to the patriots).

Yes. What Vick did was reprehensible, but it doesn't cut to the integrity of the game, and place 3 SB Championships into doubt. So YES - for the NFL this is worse than Vick just as the Donaghy thing was as bad as it can get for the NBA.

Yes. What Vick did was reprehensible, but it doesn't cut to the integrity of the game, and place 3 SB Championships into doubt. So YES - for the NFL this is worse than Vick just as the Donaghy thing was as bad as it can get for the NBA.

Donaghey was bad because he was controlling outcomes of games by calling fouls when they did not exist. The Patriots were stealing signs by videotaping them. If the team is too stupid not to change up their signs they deserve it. Everyone tries to steal signs, no matter the sport.

The Patriots were stealing signs by videotaping them. If the team is too stupid not to change up their signs they deserve it. Everyone tries to steal signs, no matter the sport.

the 07 pats hype + the fact they added one of the most hated players in the league=hate

ok, this is why it is hard to discuss things with homers...your team DID cheat...and even if it isn't AS BAD as some here are making it out, its still bad and they deserve to be punished...

ok, this is why it is hard to discuss things with homers...your team DID cheat...and even if it isn't AS BAD as some here are making it out, its still bad and they deserve to be punished...

I'm not a homer, and i didn't say it didn't deserve punishment because videotaping is illegal....but still, if you are too stupid not to change the signals (Especially Mangini since he was with the Patriots) you deserve it.

Question??? what year did the helmet communication come into existence in the NFL? Seriously, just a question I don't know.

The rule was instituted in 1994.

The helmet microphone was secretly used in 1956, but was outlawed until 1994.

Edited by Big John