[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

NEW RB in GREEN BAY

Jumpin Johnies

Guys, this is Denver run D we're on about here

It is but they played pretty well. DJ Williams still isn't a great MLB but they have been better since abandoning Jim Bates' system 2 weeks ago. They are now using their old system and have been better.

Still in GB Jackson may be the guy long term. Short term who knows. Wynn was given the job and was hurt again. Grant doesn't seem big enough to be the man, but you never know. He may be OK in PPR.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6'1 and about 215-220 seems to be decent size to me.....

yes, it was Denver......but an average of 5 yards a carry for a Running attack that has struggled all year is pretty decent, and should garner him more carries, if not the starting job....

Green Bay is playing good....6 and 1, and this could be a little spark they need on the ground.......

At this point, i think whoever can MOVE the ball consistenly on the ground for Green Bay gets the starting nod and the carries....

This week, I believe Ryan Grant gets his shot against KC.....if he struggles, back to the drawing board for GB...

Let's hope he produces as just snagged him....

6'1 and about 215-220 seems to be decent size to me.....

yes, it was Denver......but an average of 5 yards a carry for a Running attack that has struggled all year is pretty decent, and should garner him more carries, if not the starting job....

Green Bay is playing good....6 and 1, and this could be a little spark they need on the ground.......

You're right. He looks smaller on the field.

I just see him as the flavor of the week. He could end up finishing the season as the "starter" but I still see RBBD(Default) written all over this situation. Green Bay will end up spending a fortune on a mediocre RB in FA next year, trade a fortune for one or draft another.

This is true...

or he could turn into this years Samkon Gado who got into the starting lineup for the Packers a few years back and had a good year.....helped the team in our league win the Championship that year...

Not saying he's the next LT...Addai.....or even Dorsey Levens.....

Could have decent game against Chiefs this week, then faces tough match up against Minny...

FYI, Grant will start in KC. From JSOnline:

. . . But with Wynn out of the game, Grant showed why the Packers were so high on him in the first place. Displaying an aggressive, slashing style of running, he carried the ball 22 times for 104 yards, eclipsing the entire Denver running game by 16 yards.

For the first time all season, the Packers enjoyed a balanced attack. They rushed the ball 27 times, the same number of passes attempted by Favre.

Afterward, coach Mike McCarthy announced that Grant would start Sunday against Kansas City.

"We just executed and did a good job on offense," Grant said. "One of my goals is to run hard and finish every play. The Broncos played hard but our line just did a good job of executing."

And then the next week Morency will be the named starter? :D

..not sure about that..I think Morency is the 3rd down..change of pace back

Be interesting what happens if Brandon Jackson.....Wynn...get healthy....maybe Grant produces and holds the job.....

With Gore and Niners struggling and his ankle woes, probably will go with Grant this week....

That's on Tomlin. PIT pissed away a W in DEN by insisting on passing despite the success their RBs were having running the ball.

Let's not pretend the Steelers didn't run the ball. They ran it one less time than the Packers (26 to 27).

Parker 21-93

Grant 22-104

Grant had better success on one more carry. You're trying to diminish Grant's success. The facts are he performed better in Denver than Parker did. Nice try though...

Let's not pretend the Steelers didn't run the ball. They ran it one less time than the Packers (26 to 27).

Parker 21-93

Grant 22-104

Grant had better success on one more carry. You're trying to diminish Grant's success. The facts are he performed better in Denver than Parker did. Nice try though...

11 yards better...is that really a big enough difference to be making such a big deal over it?

11 yards better...is that really a big enough difference to be making such a big deal over it?

It is, when folks are dimishing what the Packers did in the running game and saying that Grant has no value. If they were more successful than one of the best running teams in all of football against the same opponent, it's fair to say their run game may be legit--or at the very least on the upswing.

My post is aimed at those who are quick to dismiss this game as unsuccessful due to the statistical history of the opponent, when in fact the opposite may be the case...

I just see him as the flavor of the week. He could end up finishing the season as the "starter" but I still see RBBD(Default) written all over this situation. Green Bay will end up spending a fortune on a mediocre RB in FA next year, trade a fortune for one or draft another.

You're probably correct about the muddle in the GB RB situation (personally, I think the injury to Herron hurt their RB situation more than anything, but that's a different discussion....)

...but Ted Thompson is not going to overpay for a mediocre FA RB or trade a fortune for anyone. He may sign a FA or trade for a RB, but it's pretty apparent that he doesn't believe in overpaying for anything.

Grant DID look good last night, but what bothers me is, why was Wynn named the starter last night if Grant is as good as he looked? We'll see.

- Wynn had looked the best of all the RBs who had gotten serious carries at one point or another (Wynn, Jackson, and Morency)

- Grant had NOT gotten carries because he was in the doghouse for two fumbles in the Minnesota game. However, with Morency apparently restricted to 3rd down duty, when Wynn went out, Grant was plan B. I have no idea why Morency wasn't part of the game plan, though.

- Wynn had looked the best of all the RBs who had gotten serious carries at one point or another (Wynn, Jackson, and Morency)

- Grant had NOT gotten carries because he was in the doghouse for two fumbles in the Minnesota game. However, with Morency apparently restricted to 3rd down duty, when Wynn went out, Grant was plan B. I have no idea why Morency wasn't part of the game plan, though.

did'nt know that, thanks.

Isn't it possible that GB had to run more since its not really a good idea to throw a bunch of quick slants against Champ and Bly? I don't know if I see GB running game putting up 100 yards overall most weeks...let alone with a single rusher as the year goes. The Grant value seems to be held to whether he ends up getting within running distance of the goal line. I'd only expect 60 to 70 yards per game otherwise (which doesn't make him that appealing in my league). We'll just have to see how this goes. So far this year has been crazy so I guess anything could happen.