[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

McAllister out for the year

DMD

Although it is apparent Bush has trouble running up the gut, Duece wasn't exactly setting the world on fire with 92 yards on 24 attempts. Just pointing out the running game struggles might be more than just Bush.

Yep, that O-line is not playing well right now AT ALL. They can't pass-block either.

That said, I agree with BB that Bush is pretty mediocre between the tackles.

Just going over Stecker's numbers here and what pops out the most is his receiving numbers. Being in a PPR, I am liking this a lot. I don't know if the power run game will be the answer for the Saints considering the lack of an oline and a defense.

My guess would be you see the 'Saints go more West Coast and instead of running the ball they look to dump it off in the flats in hopes of Bush making plays. Stecker's value will be tied to Reggie's health but I still think he will see betwen 5-7 touches a game while Brees figures things out.

Sure, it could be another RB that we know nothing about (Thomas, Karney) but I'd say Stecker probably has a leg up at this time by virtue of his experience and previous success running the ball (3.8 yards per carry when forced into a similar situation in 2005) and 35 catches for 281 yards. Again, the receiving numbers are really what pop with Stecker.

McAllister said an MRI exam Tuesday confirmed his worst fears: He tore his left anterior cruciate ligament in Monday night's 31-14 loss to Tennessee.

"I didn't want to believe, but just taking that walk to the locker room you could feel it just kind of giving way a little bit," he said.

"And that was just kind of reminiscent of how the other one felt," he added, referring to a 2005 injury.

The latest injury occurred when McAllister landed awkwardly after catching a short pass from Drew Brees in the second quarter Monday night.

McAllister said there was also some damage to his medial collateral ligament.

Five games into the 2005 season, McAllister tore his right ACL during a run in Green Bay. After reconstructive surgery, he returned to rush for 1,057 yards in 2006, helping the Saints to the NFC South title and starring in their playoff victory over Philadelphia.

Now, for the second time in three seasons, McAllister needs reconstructive knee surgery, to be followed by the long, painful rehabilitation that will likely last until close to when 2008 training camp begins.

It's a potentially devastating blow to the Saints, who are 0-3 and in desperate need of a victory to have any hope of rallying back into postseason contention.

Meanwhile, the 28-year-old McAllister can only hope he can come back again and regain the form that made him the Saints' all-time leading rusher with 5,678 yards and 44 touchdowns.

"Obviously, the questions: Will you ever be the same? Will you ever be the back that you once were? Those are the different thoughts that obviously run through your mind as a player," McAllister said. "We'll see how the surgery goes and we'll go from there."