[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

fantasy football for nfl playoffs

whitem0nkey

Last year there was an article about fantasy football for NFL playoffs, where you draft players from only the teams that made the playoffs. And it had some guidelines about how to run it. But I cant find it.

And does MFL have the option of running this?

Also if there are some old threads that talked about this please post a link about it.

Last year there was an article about fantasy football for NFL playoffs, where you draft players from only the teams that made the playoffs. And it had some guidelines about how to run it. But I cant find it.

And does MFL have the option of running this?

Also if there are some old threads that talked about this please post a link about it.

Sorry can't help you out. But there's no doubt doing something like this is a ball as I do it every year. I create a sheet with all the available players on it from week to week and let people choose 1QB, 1RB, 2WRs, 1TE,1K and just use a standard scoring system with 1 PPR. Those involved loved it and thought it was great. I charged $20 for the entire playoffs, including the SB.

MFL does run it. In the later weeks, MFL gives the commish the option of running a playoff contest.

They have some default rules, in which you can change.

The most common playoff FF team is a draft and hold. You draft a starting lineup and the players on your team score as long as they remain in the playoffs.

Big John already covered the MFL does this for free.

Two main styles I have seen.

One is the draft and hold as Big John mentioned. Hold a traditional draft or auction, one player per team. You collect points for the entirety of the playoffs for the players on your squad. In my local league where we did this, we oftentimes expanded on our normal lineup as we would usually only have 6-8 owners that wanted to do it. Good thing is that you can do it with any number of teams, doesnt have to be an even number.

The other is similar to the playoff challenge that the huddle does, where each owner can select their team from any of the playoff teams to fill a lineup. Players can be on as many teams as they are selected by. I prefer the way the Huddle does it in breaking out the players on each team by RB1, RB2, RB3, WR1, WR2, Wr3, WR4 etc. so that you can't pick just studs, you have to make a lot of very strategic decisions. I've done this with my local as well the last couple of years and it was very well received (by those that have more than 5 brain cells and could understand the concept of taking only one player from each bucket of players)

I really enjoy the one the Huddle provides scoring for....not sure what it is called, but the one where you pick a OB, RB1, RB2, RB3, WR1, WR2, WR3, WR4, TE, K, Def/ST at the beginning of the playoffs with the idea being to not only draft players you think will score, but ones you think will survive...

two years ago when I hosted it with my group of friends, one guy picked pretty much all Steelers, and I told him he was crazy...that was the year they won the SB...he blew us all away....

two years ago when I hosted it with my group of friends, one guy picked pretty much all Steelers, and I told him he was crazy...that was the year they won the SB...he blew us all away....

This si the donwside to a draft and hold league. Whatever player gets lucky and drafts guys from the team that goes the furthest usually wins.

Which is why an MVP Challenge-type league is more competitive....you can select different players each week.

This si the donwside to a draft and hold league. Whatever player gets lucky and drafts guys from the team that goes the furthest usually wins.

Which is why an MVP Challenge-type league is more competitive....you can select different players each week.

Yeah, I was noticing the same thing..I have only done it two years, and last year it wasnt like that...at least not to the noticeable degree as the first year...

I was thinking of instituting a rule where QB, RB1, WR1, WR2, TE, K had to be from six different teams...

Edited by #1 Niners Fan

In our local, we do a draft and pillage type thing for the playoffs.

Re-draft for the playoffs (you can keep any playoff bound player, but forfeit a draft pick per player kept, of course.).

Each round of the playoffs, the winning owner pillages the losing owner's roster to carry into the next round.

Repeat until the Super Bowl game.

Winning Super Bowl owner gets 50% of the pot, the other 50% is divided out to the owners that originally had the players (going into the first playoff weekend) pillaged from their roster.

If that makes sense. :D

I play in one every year. You basically pick 1 player from each team in the playoffs. But you also have to pick a specific roster - 2 qb, 3 rb, 3 wr, te, K, D, Flex(any position) As teams are eliminated everybody loses the player from that team. You can use any scoring format you like. This one usually keeps a lot of people involved throughout the playoffs.

Edited by alchico

My favorite was a 6 team draft.

Each team drafts 2 QBs, 3 RBs, 4 WR, 2 TE, 2 K, 2 D.

Start 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 1 flex, 1 K, 1 D.

Simply put in as big of a linup as you can each week, play for total points, not head to head.

It makes it really interseting at draft time deciding if a #1 WR is better than a #2 WR that will go further, a QB that plays in the wild card and possibly the next game or one that will lose his first game in the second round, etc.

My favorite was a 6 team draft.

Each team drafts 2 QBs, 3 RBs, 4 WR, 2 TE, 2 K, 2 D.

Start 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 1 flex, 1 K, 1 D.

Simply put in as big of a linup as you can each week, play for total points, not head to head.

It makes it really interseting at draft time deciding if a #1 WR is better than a #2 WR that will go further, a QB that plays in the wild card and possibly the next game or one that will lose his first game in the second round, etc.

So in yours, no two teams can have the same player?