[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

McNair

Bug Hunters

Billick just answered with an emphatic yes when asked if Steve McNair was still his starting QB. Perhaps that was just lip service after an ugly loss. If its not, exactly what has BB seen out of McNair this year that makes him think he gives the team the best chance to win? From week to week, its a different part(or parts) of SM's body that is falling apart. He appears to have lost the escapability he once had, he's turning the ball over at an alarming rate, and he is not getting the ball down field. I would not be in any hurry to hitch the wagon to Kyle Boller either, but it certainly appears they are not going to do much more this season with McNair.

Billick just answered with an emphatic yes when asked if Steve McNair was still his starting QB. Perhaps that was just lip service after an ugly loss. If its not, exactly what has BB seen out of McNair this year that makes him think he gives the team the best chance to win? From week to week, its a different part(or parts) of SM's body that is falling apart. He appears to have lost the escapability he once had, he's turning the ball over at an alarming rate, and he is not getting the ball down field. I would not be in any hurry to hitch the wagon to Kyle Boller either, but it certainly appears they are not going to do much more this season with McNair.

after what happened tonight, I cannot imagine that he's had much time to think it over. its a bad time to be making a decision like that and a bad way to let Steve know. I'd be surprised if McNair got the nod next week.

Kyle Blower is no better in handling the ball or managing the offense. He's got a stronger arm than McDone, but with the way the Ravens O-line has been, it doesnt matter.

Remeber, in the pivotal game ending posession/drive against the Bills in their last game, Billick called three straight Qb plays on a 2nd and 1, 3rd and 1 and 4th and 1. Boller looked like a grade schooler out there. He couldnt get 1 yard. Thats just one example, there are plenty more.

Kyle Blower is no better in handling the ball or managing the offense. He's got a stronger arm than McDone, but with the way the Ravens O-line has been, it doesnt matter.

Remeber, in the pivotal game ending posession/drive against the Bills in their last game, Billick called three straight Qb plays on a 2nd and 1, 3rd and 1 and 4th and 1. Boller looked like a grade schooler out there. He couldnt get 1 yard. Thats just one example, there are plenty more.

Agreed. While McNair appears to be about done, have the Ravens ever had ANY above-average offenses in the Billick era? I'd say that "The Offensive Genius" is the bigger problem. While he seems that a solid HC, he needs a legitimate OC and he needs to delegate play-calling to him.

Picking up McNair was stupid and short-sighted. I said so last year when it happened and it is glaringly obvious now. The difference between last year and this year is that the defense isn't shutting the other teams down anymore, and the o-line has gotten worse. McNair was old and slow last year but had adequate protection and a short field to work with.

They would probably still have finished 13-3 last year with Boller and that defense, and this year they would have him another year matured and experienced. I don't see how anyone would expect him to come into that game last night and be any more effective than he was, given the circumstances.

Agreed. While McNair appears to be about done, have the Ravens ever had ANY above-average offenses in the Billick era? I'd say that "The Offensive Genius" is the bigger problem. While he seems that a solid HC, he needs a legitimate OC and he needs to delegate play-calling to him.

Spot-on Bill. Yes, McNair is finished, but this mess isn't all his fault. Our offensive line has never been more than mediocre, and the play calling for the most part has always been ultra-conservative.

It's the mindset that needs to change. Billick looks to the defense to win games, the sole role of the offense is to put up points here and there and to NOT lose the game. Well, that's all well and good, but it dorsn't work if you NO LONGER have a dominant defense. True, both corners were out last night, but the Raven defense simply doesn't scare anyone anymore.

The offense is just pathetic. As I've said before, usually when our offense has the ball, I go to the bathroom, get a sandwich, another drink, etc. You pretty much know what's going to happen :D

Edited by Gdawg

They would probably still have finished 13-3 last year with Boller and that defense

I very much disagree. McNair pretty much won the game at Cleveland and I don't see Boller winning the games vs. SD, NO and TEN.

In addition, McNair did some things last year the Boller couldn't have done.

McNair had some moments last year, but I just don't see many more, if any.

Edited by justin

Yea, I'm going to wait out the week before picking my lineup. Mcnair is a bad play, but I thought Mason might have a good game this week against Cincy's D. I was considering him for flex, but that game last night definitely made me reconsider. I'll just wait and see who the starting QBs are going to be between Mason and Smitty (and pick the lesser of two evils).

Picking up McNair was stupid and short-sighted. I said so last year when it happened and it is glaringly obvious now. The difference between last year and this year is that the defense isn't shutting the other teams down anymore, and the o-line has gotten worse. McNair was old and slow last year but had adequate protection and a short field to work with.

They would probably still have finished 13-3 last year with Boller and that defense, and this year they would have him another year matured and experienced. I don't see how anyone would expect him to come into that game last night and be any more effective than he was, given the circumstances.

I very much disagree. McNair pretty much won the game at Cleveland and I don't see Boller winning the games vs. SD, NO and TEN.

In addition, McNair did some things last year the Boller couldn't have done.

McNair had some moments last year, but I just don't see many more, if any.

I was at the SD game and can tell you that Schottenheimer won that game for the Ravens, not McNair. Most gutless play calling I've ever seen, kept running the ball on 3rd and long because he was afraid the rookie QB might throw a pick. Playing to not lose instead of to win. :D

I was at the SD game and can tell you that Schottenheimer won that game for the Ravens, not McNair. Most gutless play calling I've ever seen, kept running the ball on 3rd and long because he was afraid the rookie QB might throw a pick. Playing to not lose instead of to win. :D

+1, I too thought SD played not to lose.