[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Norv Turner

Gdawg

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I was at the game last night and during a commercial they showed Norv and Rivers on the big screen, one right after the other. The boos were so loud you couldn't hear anything else.

People in San Diego were mad when Schotty was fired, now their downright steamed. Everyone hates Turner here and Rivers is starting to be included in that hate as well.

They weren't THAT bad :wacko::D

Really?

They scored 10 points on offense.

The FG drive was 6 plays, 17 yards, set up by turnover

The TD drive was 12 plays, 45 yards (may have been set up by turnover as well?)

They managed 11 first downs and 177 total yards of offense.

They were 3/11 on third down.

They had 23:48 T.O.P

They averaged 3.3 yards per pass play/

:D

That team is way too talented for that kind of night.

That team is way too talented for that kind of night.

Talent schmalent. Doesn't matter how much talent you have when it's negated by a terrible HC and staff...

After Indy made it 23-7 in the 2nd quarter (and not including SD's final drive), Norv called 16 passes to 9 runs. It wasn't like the run wasn't working either as LT never lost yardage on any of those runs. Meanwhile 4 of the 16 pass plays resulted in either sack, intentional grounding, or turnover. There was still a half to play and it wasn't like SD was up by 5-6 TDs by halftime so SD certainly shouldn't have just tried to run the ball 25 times after that point. But say the pass/run ratio was more like 13:12... that's 3 less opportunities for a sack (and fumble), intentional grounding, or interception.

I agree SD's OL and Rivers should step up but the team that is willing (and able) to change their game plan to take what the opposing team is giving and/or what the weather conditions allow often does better in the game regardless of talent.

Norv nearly snatched defeat from the jaws of victory last night.

14-2 team last year, same people, 5-4 this year and no hope in site

SD fans should be mad, he is a disaster, I am pissed as well, I was down by 5 pts and had rivers and gates left, I gained zero points and lost, FIRE Norv!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Marty Mornigweg?

Wasn't he the guy who, in OT, won the toss, chose to kick, held the other team on 3rd down but accepted a penalty and, thus, gave them another shot to convert. They did, and went down to kick the winning FG. Was that him or somebody else. Amazing, it's sudden freaking death bro! You can't win the game if you don't get the ball!

Marty Mornigweg?

Wasn't he the guy who, in OT, won the toss, chose to kick, held the other team on 3rd down but accepted a penalty and, thus, gave them another shot to convert. They did, and went down to kick the winning FG. Was that him or somebody else. Amazing, it's sudden freaking death bro! You can't win the game if you don't get the ball!

Yep, against the Bears.

Last night was a rough one....I mean really rough. It hurt actually.

2 special teams scores AND 6 INTs????

The Chargers didn't win last night.....the Colts lost. Big difference.

Turner is an utter disgrace.

My wife could have called a better game than those clowns...and she thinks football players hit home runs for Gods sakes.

I mean really, GIVE LT THE BALL UNTIL HE CANT BREATHE !!!

Then, while he's getting oxygen, GIVE THE BALL TO TURNER !!!

THEN GIVE LT THE BALL SOME MORE!!!!

They should have freakin buried the Colts....

I never thought I could feel so absolutely embarassed after a win.

Now I have to explain to my kids all those words that Daddy was yelling at the TV last night.

Thanks Norv.... you JACKASS!

phew...sorry :D

I was at the game last night and during a commercial they showed Norv and Rivers on the big screen, one right after the other. The boos were so loud you couldn't hear anything else.

People in San Diego were mad when Schotty was fired, now their downright steamed. Everyone hates Turner here and Rivers is starting to be included in that hate as well.

i'm actually disappointed to hear that. i have no problem with Norv taking the brunt of the blame, but i have a hard time coming down on Rivers.

believe me, i know he's not playing well right now....but i sincerely believe that coaching has a lot to do with his troubles at the moment. if i see them send him on one more rollout i'm gonna throw my TV thru the wall. does he look like a QB who should be throwing on the run to anyone?

and he's getting a ton of pressure in his face on a consistent basis....not just in last nite's game. there are ways to combat that other than sending him on rollouts. i just am not ready to believe that this is all on Rivers. i see the desire in the kids face....and i saw him getting into it with Norv last nite...

don't bench Rivers. don't fire AJ Smith. the only thing that needs to be done is for Norv to get the hell out!

Edited by rebdog

Les Steckel, Rich Kotite?

Those 2 immedately came to mind, along with Rod Dowhower and probably a number of others if I thought about it some more and/or knew more about some of the really old timers.

"best/worst ever" on FF boards usually means "best/worst in the last 5/10 yrs"

Turner does suck though.

Will someone please tell me why we kept turner (rb) ? How about the two back pro set we were hearing so much about ? NORV SUCKS. :D

Jacksonville next.....WHAT NOW ?........Oh yeah, and did anyone see a Running back in the flat ......anyone....? :D

Will someone please tell me why we kept turner (rb) ? How about the two back pro set we were hearing so much about ? NORV SUCKS. :D

Jacksonville next.....WHAT NOW ?........Oh yeah, and did anyone see a Running back in the flat ......anyone....? :D

insurance for LT2. i had no problem with that move.

insurance for LT2. i had no problem with that move.

I understand that but ....wern't we supposed to use both in game situations ? How about all that talk of a killer 2 back set ? Do you really think that

SD's offense is creative? ....AT ALL ???? :D