[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

League Prizes

Caveman_Nick

Help breakdown league prizes  

40 members have voted

1. 1. How do your leagues pay out? Choose all that apply.

• I play in at least one league that pays First, second and third place finishers only
    • I play in at least one league that give first, second, and third place prizes for playoff finish, plus some other prizes like total points or other non-playoff related items.
    • I play in at least one league that awards prizes to more than the top 3 playoff finishers, but no other awards are given.
    • I play in at least one league that awards prizes to more than the top 3 playoff finishers and that gives out prizes for other, non-playoff related items

Please choose all that apply. I am curious about this because I got into a discussion about it, and was under the impression that the "norm", if there is any such thing, was for leagues to pay 1-3 in payoff finish, separate from any other payouts.

league size would/should be a major factor too (at least I would think so)

edit: and I would bet the majority of people voting are going to be in 12 team leagues with 10 coming in as runner up :D

Edited by keggerz

league size would/should be a major factor too (at least I would think so)

edit: and I would bet the majority of people voting are going to be in 12 team leagues with 10 coming in as runner up :wacko:

True enough, but for the purposes of this poll I think trying to break things down by league size might get murky.

In one league, payouts for 1st through 4th in overall points, Superbowl Champ & Runner Up, plus a $5 weekly high points. None of the top prizes are a lot, but it helps keep the work league active and everybody participating throughout the season.

In my other league, I think we pay out 1st-3rd from the playoffs along with top offensive team and top defensive team (we aren't an IDP league, but defenses are scored quite a bit differently then the norm)

In my main dynasty league we have a number of different payouts with the lesser payouts being you win your league fee back. The league winner still wins about 4 times the league fee so he makes some cash. I like having a number of different payouts because it keep more teams involved late into the season.