[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Another Steeler in trouble

Menudo

Again, what about Harrison?

In Wilson's case, this was incident #2 involving him and his girlfriend. The Steelers diffused a potential long term nightmare IMO by releasing him. I'm positive if Harrison gets into another hitting fest with his girl, he would be released also. Most people learn from mistake #1. The stupid people do not and deserve the unemployment line, especially a high profile professional athlete. Not saying Wilson's first incident was his fault, but that whole situation looks like a volcano and I think the Steelers organization realizes this.

The Steelers did the right thing by getting rid of Wilson. I am glad that the Steelers stepped up this time and acted quickly. Wilson is a classless coward for hitting a woman, let alone sucker punching a woman.

As far as the Harrison situation, I don't like how the Steelers did not address the issue at all publicly. Had this situation not taken place, I don't think that the Steelers would have commented on the Harrison incident publicly.

Granted, the Wilson case appears to be more severe than Harrison's but striking a woman is wrong regardless of what the scenerio is.

"I know many are asking the question of (why) we released Wilson and Harrison we kept," Rooney said. "The circumstances... they are completely different."

Rooney said Harrison was trying to take his son to be baptized and got into an argument with his girlfriend over that, while this was Wilson's second incident with his former girlfriend.

I did'nt realize this was Wilson's 2nd time beating on a woman.

The first incident did not result in Wilson facing charges. His ex-girlfriend got charged because of a police standoff where she was armed inside Wilson's home. He had left the home earlier and was not home during the standoff at his home.

Again, what about Harrison?

Harrison was at the house discussion baptism of child....they got in an arguement and he open hand slapped her.

Wilson on the other hand drove to a bar shoved his girlfriend and punched her in the face.

Premeditated assault vs. heat of the moment domestic issue. And then you have a couple weeks ago where Wilson's wife shot up his house and caused evacuation of blocks of neighbors.....that soap opera was not something the Steelers were gonna sit by and watch.

You do need to take circumstances of every event and treat them separately.

Steelers need to have a sitdown conference with professionals counciling them on this issue as it has come up often in the past 2 or 3 years.

Rooney is one of the few owners in NFL who have ever taken action to get rid of a player immediately for trouble with the law. But that is not good enough for Steeler haters...even though Rooney did something unheard of people expect him to just take a broad brush and cut anyone who has ever been accused of something similar.

If you want to criticize Rooney for cutting someone...how bout criticizing the rest of the NFL for never cutting anyone for getting in trouble with the law.

Edited by SteelerMurf

Harrison was at the house discussion baptism of child....they got in an arguement and he open hand slapped her.

Wilson on the other hand drove to a bar shoved his girlfriend and punched her in the face.

Premeditated assault vs. heat of the moment domestic issue. And then you have a couple weeks ago where Wilson's wife shot up his house and caused evacuation of blocks of neighbors.....that soap opera was not something the Steelers were gonna sit by and watch.

You do need to take circumstances of every event and treat them separately.

Steelers need to have a sitdown conference with professionals counciling them on this issue as it has come up often in the past 2 or 3 years.

Rooney is one of the few owners in NFL who have ever taken action to get rid of a player immediately for trouble with the law. But that is not good enough for Steeler haters...even though Rooney did something unheard of people expect him to just take a broad brush and cut anyone who has ever been accused of something similar.

If you want to criticize Rooney for cutting someone...how bout criticizing the rest of the NFL for never cutting anyone for getting in trouble with the law.

I stated earlier in the thread ( if you'd read it) that I was'nt aware that Wilson had problems like this in the past. I was questioning why they cut Wilson but not Harrison until that was pointed out to me.

That being said, I find it odd that you excuse Harrison for just "open hand slapping" his woman. :wacko:

Anyone that knows how the Steelers operate knows that Harrison is now on a very short leash.

Link? Every depth chart I see has Harrison projected as a starter and not a disposable scrub.

\

While in the room, she attempted to call 911, when police say James Harrison broke through the door, took her cell phone and broke it in half.

The woman then stated that Harrison slapped her in the face with an open hand and knocked off her glasses.

The woman had red marks on her left cheek, according to police.

Police located James Harrison, and they said that during an interview with him, he told police he broke through the door and slapped the woman.

Edited by bushwacked

Link? Every depth chart I see has Harrison projected as a starter and not a disposable scrub.

When it was reported that Harrison was in trouble, I was angry about it as well. Any guy that hits a girl is a scumbag in my opinion. I don't hold Harrison in high regard right now either, and, like Skippy said, he is definitely on a short leash, as the Steelers have never stood by this type of behavior.

P.S.

Seahawks players aren't usually reported for hitting anyone, because the lack of a ring on any of their fingers makes the strike less noticeable. :wacko:

In Wilson's case, this was incident #2 involving him and his girlfriend. The Steelers diffused a potential long term nightmare IMO by releasing him. I'm positive if Harrison gets into another hitting fest with his girl, he would be released also. Most people learn from mistake #1. The stupid people do not and deserve the unemployment line, especially a high profile professional athlete. Not saying Wilson's first incident was his fault, but that whole situation looks like a volcano and I think the Steelers organization realizes this.

Then again, most people that beat on their wife/girlfriend are useless pieces of trash to begin with.

No link, but am reading an aarticle in the Florida Times-Union that reads like this:

The estranged girlfriend of former Pittsburgh Steelers wide reciever Cedrick Wilson denies that he punched her at a suburban restaurant this week. Lindsey Paulat said Wilson got upset but only shoved her when he saw her drinking Wednesday night. The Steelers released Wilson on Thursday.

:wacko: