[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

CCS Pick #17

Avernus

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm torn here... I think A Johnson is the pick here if I am going to take a WR, but I see the RB quality going down and still feel that there are a few solid WRs that could have similar production as A Johnson. I like MJD's upside with a decent QB and the possibility always looming that Taylor breaks down at some point. Give me MJD, but it's close...

Edited by TDFFFreak

I'd like to change my vote to Braylon Edwards if I am still on the clock. There's a decent sized group of RBs I like still, too early for any other QBs and only 2 WRs left to consider, IMHO.

Braylon Edwards if I can change my vote.

Edited by Clubfoothead

How can everyone want AJ over Braylon considering AJ's injury history?

Before last season, he only missed 3 games in four years.

For me, it's the prospect of AJ's second season with a competent QB, and his BTA ranking (can't divulge too much on that as it's in the pay section). AJ is about as consistent a WR as you can get... tough defenses, backup QB, no help at RB/WR2/TE. No problem.

Couple that with CLE's ugly looking start to the season (call it a gut feeling, I just don't like the Browns offense to repeat what they did last year) and I'll take AJ just before Braylon.

AJ's knee is a concern but it's hardly a career ending injury. IIRC it was just a sprain which he recovered from and had an excellent final 7 games. Braylon tore his ACL in 2005. I wouldn't hold that against Braylon anymore than I'd hold a sprain last year against AJ.

Before last season, he only missed 3 games in four years.

For me, it's the prospect of AJ's second season with a competent QB, and his BTA ranking (can't divulge too much on that as it's in the pay section). AJ is about as consistent a WR as you can get... tough defenses, backup QB, no help at RB/WR2/TE. No problem.

Couple that with CLE's ugly looking start to the season (call it a gut feeling, I just don't like the Browns offense to repeat what they did last year) and I'll take AJ just before Braylon.

AJ's knee is a concern but it's hardly a career ending injury. IIRC it was just a sprain which he recovered from and had an excellent final 7 games. Braylon tore his ACL in 2005. I wouldn't hold that against Braylon anymore than I'd hold a sprain last year against AJ.

Andre Johnson, who had his knee scoped in mid-May, says the knee is "doing fine."

A.J. said this at a charity event last Thursday. He didn't appear to be on crutches and was in good spirits. The initial timetable given was 4-6 weeks, which would put Johnson on track for the start of training camp in the last week of July. From the looks of it, he hasn't fallen behind that estimate.

Rotoworld