[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

J.Stewart still hurting

Big Ernie McCracken

WAit a minute. You forgot his receiving totals. Add another 2,000 yards and 15 TD's.

Jeez.

NFL totals

4 rushes 3 yards no receptions

Can a backup RB be a bust? :wacko:

Doesn't he have to win the starting job before he can be considered a bust?

I guys are unbelievable.... The guy gets his first taste of NFL action running behind the 2nd string OL and after 4 carries people are saying he will be a BUST. :wacko: The Panthers OL is much improved from last year during a regular game Stewart will be in with the 1st team OL and will see much better numbers. You also need to realize the Panthers are bringing him along slowly so he only got 2 seriies in the 3rd Qtr. During a real game he would get enough carries that he will have more normal numbers between 4-5 yards per carry.

Many people are on two different camps (DW vs. JStew) so some are thinking JStew will take over the job while others want him to fail. The truth is DW has shown me a lot in the last two pre-season games and I am thinking he will at least start as the starter at the beginning season and he could hold that spot all season. His blocking skills have improved from last year to this year (one of the big reasons he wasn't able to overtake Foster) and he has approached the offseason and is being a more polished pro. He has also started a nice friendship with JStew and he is trying to mentor the rook just like Foster did with him several years ago. He just wants the team to be improved and is not concerned about being the starter vs. the backup. The Panthers didn't spend the 13th pick to NOT play JStew much this season so we will definitely have a true committee. Before the pre-season games started... I would have said JStew would have had about 65% of the carries vs. DWs 35%, but I am thinking it might be more 60% DW vs. 40% JStew.

I think you will see JStew dropped in the Huddle rankings and DW rise in their rankings. But you JStew detractors should give the guy a full season of regular NFL games before you start labeling him a bust..... Sheesh! :D

I guys are unbelievable.... The guy gets his first taste of NFL action running behind the 2nd string OL and after 4 carries people are saying he will be a BUST. :wacko:

I can't speak for the others but I'm just razzing Taz. He's been predicting Stewart as ROY for a while now.

To be honest Fox likes vets and it's hard to be a rookie starter there. Who was the last rookie to start?

I can't speak for the others but I'm just razzing Taz. He's been predicting Stewart as ROY for a while now.

To be honest Fox likes vets and it's hard to be a rookie starter there. Who was the last rookie to start?

Thanks for clarifying. I am also a big advocate JStew and my thinking was that he would take over the starter's job, but I must admit... I have been impressed by DW so far in the first two games am starting to see that DW will have a bigger role than I had anticpated. It doesn't matter as as long as they make a good tandem and we are effective running the ball this season, the Panthers have a good chance to make it back into the playoffs.

Thanks for clarifying. I am also a big advocate JStew and my thinking was that he would take over the starter's job, but I must admit... I have been impressed by DW so far in the first two games am starting to see that DW will have a bigger role than I had anticpated. It doesn't matter as as long as they make a good tandem and we are effective running the ball this season, the Panthers have a good chance to make it back into the playoffs.

Yeah no kidding. DW may be stepping up like Brees did when Rivers was drafted. If Delhomme can stay healthy the Panthers could go far.

A toe could be even scarier than a hammy from the perspective that you can probably get used to the pain and playing with it, and you just won't have any burst. With a hammy, at least you usually shut it down and then come back in a few weeks at full strength. I had an injury very similar to Stewart's my senior year of high school. I played the football season with it, then also played basketball and baseball. It wasn't until I took about four months off and started playing baseball in college before I realized, "wow, I am so much faster and quicker than I was last year!". If he doesn't take time off to let this heal, which he doesn't appear to be doing, he may very well look and play like a bust this season, and then look like a totally different player next year.

Edited by Seahawks21