[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

WR

unusualsuspects

Big season? How about "outperforming rank/tier"?

Going from the bottom tiers, moving up:

- Andre Davis (HOU): Had some nice games last season and is better suited to play second fiddle to a healthy Andre Johnson than Kevin Walter, IMO.

- Devery Henderson (NOS): Mentioned by a few in various threads here the past couple of days. If he can somehow hold off Patten and Meachem, he could be a nice find.

- Mark Bradley (CHI): Someone has to catch passes for Chicago, and Marty Booker is "blah". Bradley looked real good before getting hurt a few years back and has really never recovered. This could be the year. Buyer beware, but if he looks good, grab and stash.

- Harry Douglas (ATL): Marvin Harrison clone could get chemistry with QB Matt Ryan. With Roddy White on the other side, all Douglas would have to do is beat out Laurent Robinson to be able to move into sleeper-dom.

- Ronald Curry (OAK): Somehow ranked behind the likes of Jeff Webb, Keary Colbert and Sidney Rice. But all he did was average 722 yards for a horrible Raider team the past two years. With any stability at QB this year, expect that number to approach 1,000.

- Early Doucet (ARI): Doucet is perfect for the slot in the Cardinal offense. He'll show Card fans (and Bryant Johnson honks) that Bryant Johnson is simply average.

- Derrick Mason (BAL): All this guy does is catch balls. Hopefully this year, he'll catch more for touchdowns. With any stability coming from the QB spot, that may be possible.

- Chris Chambers (SDC): Like Mason, he's a sure-handed vet that'll catch a ton of balls but may have limited TD opportunities. But he's a WR3 type that could put up numbers bordering on WR2, especially if Gates continues to battle the toe injury.

- Dwayne Bowe (KCC): Ranked way too low, IMO, here. He'll end up in the top 12 or 15 in WR scoring (most formats) come the end of the season. That is, if Brodie Croyle doesn't suck too much.

- Hines Ward (PIT): Always undervalued in my eyes. The guy's a warrior, catches balls like Mason/Chambers, but is also a red zone threat. The Steelers could again throw the ball a lot this season, so watch Ward put up nice WR2 numbers (but you can get him late in some leagues).

- Calvin Johnson (DET): Already earmarked by a few here, I think he'll put up real nice numbers. Roy Williams on the other side will obviously help. Each Johnson and Williams could surpass 1,000 yards apiece. With Williams being drafted far earlier, Johnson's obviously the better value.

Calvin

Ginn Jr.

Cotchery

Curry

Ginn and Curry wow. Can Chad get the ball to Ginn downfield or are counting on the other Chad?

I agree with Cotchery and especially Calvin. He was the 25th WR chosen in MSHB2 :wacko:

Ginn and Curry wow. Can Chad get the ball to Ginn downfield or are counting on the other Chad?

I agree with Cotchery and especially Calvin. He was the 25th WR chosen in MSHB2 :wacko:

I think Pennington will get the ball to Ginn regardless of his arm strength and I expect plenty of catches for the young wideout...

I think Curry can do well for a year as Russell will make plenty of mistakes, but they will be down often and he has a cannon that will get Curry the ball...

I think Pennington will get the ball to Ginn regardless of his arm strength and I expect plenty of catches for the young wideout...

I think Curry can do well for a year as Russell will make plenty of mistakes, but they will be down often and he has a cannon that will get Curry the ball...

Curry is/was a stud when healthy. Unfortunately, he has never endured a full season under decent circumstances to realize his full potential. Some of you may remember Curry as a McDonald's All American his senior year of H.S. and tearing it up that game. Anyways, I like this guy if he doesn't get hurt.

Curry is/was a stud when healthy. Unfortunately, he has never endured a full season under decent circumstances to realize his full potential. Some of you may remember Curry as a McDonald's All American his senior year of H.S. and tearing it up that game. Anyways, I like this guy if he doesn't get hurt.

I like Curry too but a "stud" is a stretch and he was a McDonalds All American as a QB.

Too bad he can't stay healthy

Edited by Zooty

I like Curry too but a "stud" is a stretch and he was a McDonalds All American as a QB.

Too bad he can't stay healthy

Maybe but he was most definitely a McD All American Basketball player - which is what I was referring to, trying to elude to his athletical ability. Regardless, IMO he has shown studly features but could never get it together for a complete year - this was a few years back, when he was putting up consistently good #s then tore his achilles. Next season he came back was looking good and hurt something else.

If Eddie Royal isn't on your sleeper list, he should be. He's good, and he's got a window to get a starting job.

Yes he does. Harry Douglas and Will Franklin are two other late draft rookies that have an opportunity to start.

Yes he does. Harry Douglas and Will Franklin are two other late draft rookies that have an opportunity to start.

If you're going that deep, Josh Morgan tops the list of really late flyers. Dude has outplayed everyone, and this is with a QB that isnt all that great.

If you're going that deep, Josh Morgan tops the list of really late flyers. Dude has outplayed everyone, and this is with a QB that isnt all that great.

Comatose sleepers. :wacko:

What I mean is Morgan isn't a deep sleeper anymore.

Edited by Randall

I really like Gonzalez in Indy.

I love Bowe, but I think he should be in the top 2 tiers. He is going to be elite very quickly.

Courtney Taylor.

Brandon Stokley

Michael Clayton, yes, that Michael Clayton.

Ron Curry.

Mark Bradley.

Orton sure seems to like Rashied Davis in Chicago. And I would imagine that they could very well be throwing a lot in the second half of many games this season.

Orton's looked good. He looked good it that horrible weather game against GB last year too. He's obviously worked hard to become the starter. I agree about Davis and would add Greg Olson too.

Orton's looked good. He looked good it that horrible weather game against GB last year too. He's obviously worked hard to become the starter. I agree about Davis and would add Greg Olson too.

I thought Orton looked good as well, but let's not forget it was against SF. I'm trying not to get too excited yet, however I think we made the right decision by going with Orton over Grossman - although I'm not sure either is the answer. Our defense looks awful so far which is supposedly our 'strength'.