[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

R Grant Update

ttrag

(TheHuddle) The Milwaukee Journal Sentinel reports Green Bay Packers RB Brandon Jackson is expected to see a lot of playing time during Week 1.

Analysis: Ryan Grant has returned to practice, but it appears that Jackson will be getting the bulk of the carries this week. As stated here earlier, Jackson is a great pickup and start this week.

I'm searching on JS Online and have yet to see anything to make us think that Jackson will get the bulk... Help me out?

I'd have to think that Brandon Jackson would NOT be a great start this week against a fired up Vikings team. EJ Henderson, Kevin and Pat Williams against a guy that couldn't do much last year? He wouldn't be in any lineup for me this week.

If the game wasn't Monday night, I'd be able to wait. However, I can't risk taking a goose egg, or anything near that from Grant. I'm, unfortunately, going with Parker in one league and Ray Rice in another.

Im going to start FWP and LJ instead of Grant this week. Not that FWP and LJ are great options this week either, but I think it gives me a chance to let Grant get a game in. Also, the Vikes are formidable (although Grant had 115 and a TD last time against them). I think FWP has a shot at a good game this week for sure and LJ could get a gift TD with some yardage.

I only have my eyes and having watched every game the packers played last year to substantiate this, but I have a feeling that the Brandon Jackson hype will die down once everyone remembers how unimpressive he really is. I think he can be a very nice third down back, but I don't see much more. He just doesn't seem to have "it".

It's not that I think a healthy Brandon Jackson is necessarily better than a healthy Ryan Grant. It's just been my experience that running backs coming off of their first productive season as a starter, running backs that holdout during the summer, and running backs that just got paid tend to perform below expectations. Grant falls under all of the above.

Also, as far as Jackson's performance last year, IIRC, he only had one year of experience as a starter at Nebraska before being drafted by the Pack and that lack of experience and the potential for a slow transition to the NFL was a concern from the very beginning. Now that he's had a full year under his belt, I don't think it's unreasonable to expect a substantial improvement.

I don't own Grant in any of my leagues, I don't own Jackson in any of my leagues, and I'm not a Packers homer, so I have no vested interest here. Maybe Grant will have a stellar year and Jackson will be a bust, but if I did have Grant on my roster, I'd want to have Jackson as well just in case.

I'd have to think that Brandon Jackson would NOT be a great start this week against a fired up Vikings team. EJ Henderson, Kevin and Pat Williams against a guy that couldn't do much last year? He wouldn't be in any lineup for me this week.

Absolutely. Ryan Grant has a chance to put up some numbers against a stout run D, where as Jackson in my opinion, would get stuffed at the line over and over. When Jackson did have success it was spelling Grant late in the game when the opposing Defense was starting to wear down a little bit. I was hoping to see what the huddle read to put that analysis up, or if it's a gut feeling...

From Rotoworld -

ESPN's Wendy Nix reports that Ryan Grant will "split time" in the Packers' backfield on Monday night against Minnesota.

Grant claims he's "100%," but coach Mike McCarthy says Grant has experienced lingering soreness and his reps will be "monitored closely." In a matchup against the NFC's top run defense, Grant could struggle for production on limited carries. It sounds like Brandon Jackson will see 10+ touches.

I'm working a night shift in Chicago, so, I'm not watching the games. Did anything happened to Grant ? I noticed that when the Packers got the ball back, trying to kill the clock, they were giving Brandon Jackson the carries.

I'm working a night shift in Chicago, so, I'm not watching the games. Did anything happened to Grant ? I noticed that when the Packers got the ball back, trying to kill the clock, they were giving Brandon Jackson the carries.

Nope, nothing wrong with Grant. Just some questionable play calling by the Packers at the end there. They're very lucky it didn't end up costing them the game.

Grant wanted to go back out there REALLY bad but coach held him back after he busted that 57 yard run. Game was pretty much in hand at that point and I guess they wanted to keep Grant out of any trouble. That is what I think was going on anyway.

Grant wanted to go back out there REALLY bad but coach held him back after he busted that 57 yard run. Game was pretty much in hand at that point and I guess they wanted to keep Grant out of any trouble. That is what I think was going on anyway.

He looked healthy to me as well, but I agree that MM was being cautious with Grant. It almost cost them the game to... Brandon Jackson=Dumpster Fire.

Also, the Vikes are formidable (although Grant had 115 and a TD last time against them).

Grant was 2 yds away from capping the long run into a TD. He would have match or even slightly better if GB did not keep him out.

He looked healthy to me as well, but I agree that MM was being cautious with Grant. It almost cost them the game to... Brandon Jackson=Dumpster Fire.

It looked like Jackson was getting met in the backfield a lot. Vikings are hard for anyone to run against...I think Brandon would have looked ok if he wasn't going against the Vikes. Grant's still better, but I have always had a lingering feeling that Jackson would get a reasonable amount of carries. But hey, sometimes that makes the main guy even better.

It looked like Jackson was getting met in the backfield a lot. Vikings are hard for anyone to run against...I think Brandon would have looked ok if he wasn't going against the Vikes. Grant's still better, but I have always had a lingering feeling that Jackson would get a reasonable amount of carries. But hey, sometimes that makes the main guy even better.

I have no problem with Dumpster fire coming in to spell Grant, but when you're under 3 minutes and trying to kill the clock youve got to give the ball to Grant.

I've been telling anyone who would listen that Grant is NOT a one-year fluke. If he stays healthy, it is my opinion that he will continue to be very successful. The guy runs with purpose (angry) and appears to have great vision.