[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Chiefs homers

rattsass

Am I correct in my thinking that the Chiefs field is laid out North/South? Supposed to have 20-25 mph south-winds Sunday with gusts to 35. Need to know how this is going to affect the game. I've been to Arrowhead several times and pretty sure about this, just wanting confirmation that it is laid out that way.

Am I correct in my thinking that the Chiefs field is laid out North/South? Supposed to have 20-25 mph south-winds Sunday with gusts to 35. Need to know how this is going to affect the game. I've been to Arrowhead several times and pretty sure about this, just wanting confirmation that it is laid out that way.

The field of play faces east and west. They have swirling winds, but only when they open the tunnel doors (when the other team is on offense or special teams).

Edit to add, it not really that difficult stadium to play or kick in based on the wind with the stadium design and layout, and I predict it will get even better once the renovations are done.

Edited by Hat Trick

The field of play faces east and west. They have swirling winds, but only when they open the tunnel doors (when the other team is on offense or special teams).

Edit to add, it not really that difficult stadium to play or kick in based on the wind with the stadium design and layout, and I predict it will get even better once the renovations are done.

So you are saying with relative certainty the wind won't be a factor for the Chiefs passing game, even at those levels?

So you are saying with relative certainty the wind won't be a factor for the Chiefs passing game, even at those levels?

Certain? no, I am never always certain on anything all the time, but I'd doubt it affects the passing game of either team. We have had high winds here since the beginning of November. There were around the same winds for the NO and BUF home games and they threw it 31 and 38 times with pretty good success.

Edited by Hat Trick

Reguardless, Herm Edwards blows more than the wind any day.

The only concern I have about Herm is if he gets a wild hair and decides to yank Thigpen out of the game. The risk with Herm I know. The risk with the weather is what I am assessing here.

Thanks Hat Trick.

The chance of rain is a bigger concern than the wind, IMHO. It's still a natural field, right? Or is it turf?

No chance of rain until well after the game....assuming the forecast is right.

The field of play faces east and west. They have swirling winds, but only when they open the tunnel doors (when the other team is on offense or special teams and they cheat, kinda like taking video of the other team's walk-throughs or playing fake crowd noise through giant hidden speakers).

Fixed.

:wacko:

Edited by msaint

According to this site it will only be 20 mph dying down to 12 mph during the game...if that is the case it should be fine. gusts to 45 would wreck everyting....every team should have to put in a dome!!!!!!!!

The wind is still blowing like crazy here. Forecast I saw this morning still calls for winds SSW 20-40 mph.

http://www.nbcactionnews.com/weather/default.aspx

IMHO the only thing that would make KC football suck worse than having CP and Herm would be if it were in a dome.

ETA: Click on the Forecast Today in the map section.

Edited by fingfootball

According to this site it will only be 20 mph dying down to 12 mph during the game...if that is the case it should be fine. gusts to 45 would wreck everyting....every team should have to put in a dome!!!!!!!!

:wacko: I'd love to hear the excuse I mean reason for this statement.

The wind is so strong here, i don't how they can throw a deep ball. Everthing will be close.

yes, its pretty windy here, has been since Friday evening, strong gusts as well. This could affect the passing game.

Thoughts on the winds effects on LT and LJ? Will both teams focus on establishing the run? Or will both be so hamstrung by the lack of a passing game that there will be no room to run? I've got both starting right now with other options like Choice and Chester Taylor on the bench.