[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Zorn called himself the worst coach in the NFL

Henry Muto

Agreed.

If he weren't bragging about everything regarding his superiority in fantasy football (...and then asking for advice :wacko:) I probably wouldn't have ever noticed him at all.

I didn't notice until his "My other $1000 entry league" thread. :D

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, but is this ever going to come to an end? I don't see the point in it....

Sure itll end. As soon s he becomes a regular Joe like most everyone else here. Once he stops with the "Im in 27 leagues... Im in the top 5% of money spent..." How the hell does he know that?

Bottom line: The bashing will stop when his arrogance stops.

I am pretty sure I am in the top 5% in the nation in amount of money put into fantasy football. And I am pretty sure I am in the top 1% of the nation in amount of time spent working on fantasy football. I breath, eat, sleep fantasy football every year from August until the end of each December. After getting up at 5:45 AM each morning to go to work and getting home at 4:45 PM each night from work I spend the rest of the night doing nothing but fantasy football every day of the week for 5 straight months. I am guessing there are not very many people that play in as many leagues and run as many leagues as I do. I wrote an entire gazette every week for 38 leagues for a national site last year as well.

Are you a eunuch?

Is it mean? I suppose to a degree. However, basically none of us know each other outside this place and, without exception, each and every one of us who have stuck our necks out at some point continue to get grief over that fact. It's just the way it is. Absolutely nothing is sacred here.

Further, it is also human nature. If someone acts like a dork and, in defending themselves, acts like a bigger dork. ie: "No man alive cares more about FF than I do..." Dude is going to keep catching hell.

To those of us who have actually seen a real vagina up close, FF is a bit of a guilty pleasure. We enjoy it, we like to talk smack to one another about it, hell, simply by virtue of being on this site, we spend far more energy on it than we should. None the less, our abject addiction to tracking the exploits of other men is rarely wielded around pridefully. If you do that, people will make fun of you. It's rather simple.

The best part of Henry Muto's response post was when he referred to himself in the third person... Something about this season not living up to Henry Muto's standards. But I tend to agree that people are real quick to thrash Henry Muto on this board. I'm not saying he hasn't brought it on himself or that he doesn't deserve some ridicule. But it is amazing how much energy people put into it...

Is it mean? I suppose to a degree. However, basically none of us know each other outside this place and, without exception, each and every one of us who have stuck our necks out at some point continue to get grief over that fact. It's just the way it is. Absolutely nothing is sacred here.

Further, it is also human nature. If someone acts like a dork and, in defending themselves, acts like a bigger dork. ie: "No man alive cares more about FF than I do..." Dude is going to keep catching hell.

To those of us who have actually seen a real vagina up close, FF is a bit of a guilty pleasure. We enjoy it, we like to talk smack to one another about it, hell, simply by virtue of being on this site, we spend far more energy on it than we should. None the less, our abject addiction to tracking the exploits of other men is rarely wielded around pridefully. If you do that, people will make fun of you. It's rather simple.

:wacko:

+1 Well said.

I aim for the top of the mountain and 2nd best is never good enough when it comes to this game.

You are setting yourself up for a lot of disappointment considering this game is more luck than skill. It's a game of probabilities. You start the guys that will probably have a better game than the guys you bench. You draft the guys that will probably have a better season than the guys you don't draft. After that you just hang on to your hat because not even the players themselves can predict what will happen each week.

Maybe you will get lucky and I won't renew my huddle membership next year. This was my 1st year here and I can see we have many people who just have to try and ridicule a person every time they make a post or want to get something off their chest. I am pretty sure I am in the top 5% in the nation in amount of money put into fantasy football. And I am pretty sure I am in the top 1% of the nation in amount of time spent working on fantasy football. I breath, eat, sleep fantasy football every year from August until the end of each December. After getting up at 5:45 AM each morning to go to work and getting home at 4:45 PM each night from work I spend the rest of the night doing nothing but fantasy football every day of the week for 5 straight months. I am guessing there are not very many people that play in as many leagues and run as many leagues as I do. I wrote an entire gazette every week for 38 leagues for a national site last year as well. When you put your heart into something and you want to win as badly as I do then sometimes things come out when you are frustrated and see your season long work go down the drain. Sorry I am not a great articulate writer like you. I had a great season last year thanks to drafting Randy Moss in 15 leagues. This year not so good...not by Henry Muto standards at least. I aim for the top of the mountain and 2nd best is never good enough when it comes to this game. So I am sorry you are sick of me but if you truly are then every time from now on you see "Post" by Henry Muto....just ignore it and don't even read it. Next year I might just do you the favor of not signing up and you will never hear from me again. Enjoy the rest of your season.

Thats a long paragraph. Hasnt anyone ever told you about making spaces in bewtween your paragraphs :wacko:

You are setting yourself up for a lot of disappointment considering this game is more luck than skill. It's a game of probabilities. You start the guys that will probably have a better game than the guys you bench. You draft the guys that will probably have a better season than the guys you don't draft. After that you just hang on to your hat because not even the players themselves can predict what will happen each week.

Truer words have not been said.

As far as pride is concerned, I only aim to make the play-offs. Since, far more times than not, the cream does rise to the top in that regard. However, I'd be a fool to think that the best team always ends up with the 1st prize money. Once you make the playoffs, it's all a matter of who gets lucky 2-3 weeks in a row. Maybe it's you, maybe it's not.

Of course, pride doesn't buy you a new flat screen or a night on the town or whatever you want to spend your FF winnings on. However, if you're in it for the money, you're likely better off actually doing your job and not wasting 5 hours a day here at the huddle figuring out who the next Denver RB is going to be.

As far as pride is concerned, I only aim to make the play-offs. Since, far more times than not, the cream does rise to the top in that regard. However, I'd be a fool to think that the best team always ends up with the 1st prize money. Once you make the playoffs, it's all a matter of who gets lucky 2-3 weeks in a row. Maybe it's you, maybe it's not.

Of course, pride doesn't buy you a new flat screen or a night on the town or whatever you want to spend your FF winnings on. However, if you're in it for the money, you're likely better off actually doing your job and not wasting 5 hours a day here at the huddle figuring out who the next Denver RB is going to be.

Sure they have... See my sig. :wacko:

Not sure if playoffs is all you should am for. I aim for nothing but the championship and am embarrassed if I don't get there. I've won it a bunch in my local and if I've lost it was in the championship. I also am #1 throughout the season in a 32 team salary cap league at head2head.com, I recently dropped to #2 this last week though. I've been on head2head.com for about 7 years now and haven't missed the playoffs yet. It goes by total points on that site so there is no actual league championship there.

Not trying to pull a Muto here so...

Someone get me in a more competitive league this season. You guys have sent me offers through PM's and i've always declined but I would love to this year to see if I really got what it takes.

Edited by Flip_Side

Not sure if playoffs is all you should am for. I aim for nothing but the championship and am embarrassed if I don't get there. I've won it a bunch in my local and if I've lost it was in the championship. I also am #1 throughout the season in a 32 team salary cap league at head2head.com, I recently dropped to #2 this last week though. I've been on head2head.com for about 7 years now and haven't missed the playoffs yet. It goes by total points on that site so there is no actual league championship there.

Not trying to pull a Muto here so...

Someone get me in a more competitive league this season. You guys have sent me offers through PM's and i've always declined but I would love to this year to see if I really got what it takes.

Embarrassed? Really? I've had great teams that rolled through the season and even continued putting up good numbers in the play-offs but just happened to play the #4 seed who had Joe Horn catch 4 TDs in the first round while his kicker got 5 FGs and so on. Meanwhile the other semi is won by half the score. So on and so on. We've all been there and I'm not going to pretend that my luck is any better or worse than the next guy. As was said, all you can do is put the best team you can together and hope for the best.

Nearly always, drafting and managing your team well is good enough to earn you a spot in the final four. But once it's down to one and done? All bets are off. That's why, in terms of pride, for me it's just about being one of the guys who's always got a 1 in 4 chance at the money.

Hell, the team that's taken me to the finals in my local is hands down the strongest in the league. My all play record was nearly .800. I had the most points scored and highest bench score as well. None the less, if my guys all lay an egg this weekend, it wouldn't be the first time the absolute best team in the league didn't win it all (be it mine or another). So, embarrassed? Not exactly sure that's the word.

Edited by detlef

Embarrassed? Really? I've had great teams that rolled through the season and even continued putting up good numbers in the play-offs but just happened to play the #4 seed who had Joe Horn catch 4 TDs in the first round while his kicker got 5 FGs and so on. Meanwhile the other semi is won by half the score. So on and so on. We've all been there and I'm not going to pretend that my luck is any better or worse than the next guy. As was said, all you can do is put the best team you can together and hope for the best.

Nearly always, drafting and managing your team well is good enough to earn you a spot in the final four. But once it's down to one and done? All bets are off. That's why, in terms of pride, for me it's just about being one of the guys who's always got a 1 in 4 chance at the money.

Hell, the team that's taken me to the finals in my local is hands down the strongest in the league. My all play record was nearly .800. I had the most points scored and highest bench score as well. None the less, if my guys all lay an egg this weekend, it wouldn't be the first time the absolute best team in the league didn't win it all (be it mine or another). So, embarrassed? Not exactly that's the word.

Like I've always said: Fantasy Football is 95% luck and 5% luck.

"I am not blaming you or anything but I had V-Jackson in my line up before I started reading all this stuff. I am the idiot for starting the post to begin with...had I just not made the post I could not have got all confused about the situation and I would have left him in the game"

I have to chime in here...didn't he say he wrote "38 Gazettes" last year? Hard to believe he succumbed to reading "all this stuff" with such thorough knowledge on the subject....

I have to admit I'm enjoying reading these posts....even though I envision MUTO as a young Urlacher challenging all to an honor DU-EL.