[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

My annual lock for the superbowl pick

polksalet

lol. they better score 42 cuz you aint beating the cards without at least 35 points the way they're playing, regardless of the D. I"m not saying the cards could have their way w/ the steelers, but 14 or 23 points aint gonna cut it like it would against a Ravens or another low powered offense

lol. they better score 42 cuz you aint beating the cards without at least 35 points the way they're playing, regardless of the D. I"m not saying the cards could have their way w/ the steelers, but 14 or 23 points aint gonna cut it like it would against a Ravens or another low powered offense

Meh,

- The The only 6 time Super Bowl Winners and YOUR DADDY will pose a much tougher defensive test than any they faced this postseason.

- Even as well as Arizona's D has played of late, it ain't the Ravens defense Pittsburgh will be going up against either.

Meh,

- The The only 6 time Super Bowl Winners and YOUR DADDY will pose a much tougher defensive test than any they faced this postseason.

- Even as well as Arizona's D has played of late, it ain't the Ravens defense Pittsburgh will be going up against either.

point taken.

Meh,

I dunno- Philly D was playing as well as anyone. Take Pitt out of the cold, chitty AFC central weather (and offenses) which has alot to do with their success - and we could see them exploited.....

as good as Troy is against the run and QB's like Flacco- I think Warner and the boys can take advantage of him.

Edited by wildcat2334

• 2 weeks later...
As alot of the oldtimers know I am death on picking super bowl winners. In fact I have only missed one since 1990 and that was the Rams win and it cas close. In super bowls both teams are always good on both sides of the ball. The team that runs the best out of the I normally wins and normally this is the team that also stops the run. In this year's matchup these differences are more exaggerated than any game I have predicted. The Steelers run the ball better out of the I and with an empty backfield. In fact they run the ball better under every situation. On D, well this is one of the better statistical defenses of all time. When you pair Pitt's interior D line against AZ marginal oline and simply poor running backs the Steelers dominate this as well.

Now comes AZ's only real strength. AZ has one of the best passing attacks and likely the best wr in the game. But when this is all they can do on O because of their putrid running game and their inability to keep Pitt's O off the field this will not keep them in the game.

Pitt by at least 10 and it could turn out to be a 42-10 type affair.

What happened ?

What happened ?

The team that ran the ball better and stopped the run better all year won. Granted, it was WAAYYY closer than I had thought but ultimately my stuupid theory worked again.