[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Fishing Boat Missng With 3 NFL Players

Outshined

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm in Florida and was listening to the radio and they said 3 of the 4, including Cooper, have been found now. I only heard part of what they were saying, they said that Cooper was rumored to be "not in good condition" but alive.

There have been mixed reports so it's unclear what the situation is...

I'm in Florida and was listening to the radio and they said 3 of the 4, including Cooper, have been found now. I only heard part of what they were saying, they said that Cooper was rumored to be "not in good condition" but alive.

There were some reports saying they swam away and others they drifted away. They obviously drifted away.

link

CLEARWATER, Florida (CNN) -- The Coast Guard's search for three missing boaters, including two NFL players, will be called off at sundown Tuesday, Coast Guard Capt. Timothy Close said.

Close's announcement came a day after the Coast Guard rescued a fourth man who had been with the other three on a Saturday fishing trip off Florida's Gulf Coast.

Still missing are Oakland Raiders linebacker Marquis Cooper, NFL free agent Corey Smith and former University of South Florida football player William Bleakley. The Coast Guard began searching for them early Sunday after learning they hadn't returned from their trip.

"It's just gut wrenching, and it's just left me zapped of any energy," Marquis Cooper's father, Bruce Cooper, said Tuesday before Close announced the search would soon end

Man, this is a really sad deal.

This turned out pretty bad, but at least one young man was pulled from the clutches of the Gulf, did anyone see the photo of him sitting on the transon with the outboard in a death grip, a very telling picture. I'd have to say the others have unfourtuanetly perished, jusy very sad a tragic story looks to becoming to an equaly sad ending.

Edited by Capt. Waffle

I thought at lest one of th guys was sea-savvy.

Search & Rescue says this is bout the worst thing one can do in a situation like this.

:wacko:

Nice to see your expertise extends from the football field to open water safety protocols

Sad sad story - RIP fellas

Is it just me or did Coopers wife have a grin on her face during the ESPN interview? She certainly didn't look like a wife who's husband has been floating in freezing waters in the gulf for the past 2 days.

Is it just me or did Coopers wife have a grin on her face during the ESPN interview? She certainly didn't look like a wife who's husband has been floating in freezing waters in the gulf for the past 2 days.

short of the grin part my wife said the same thing about her not seeming like someone thats husband is missing

edit: i am talking about the interview from last nite around 11pm ET on SC

Edited by keggerz

Life Insurance Policy???

short of the grin part my wife said the same thing about her not seeming like someone thats husband is missing

edit: i am talking about the interview from last nite around 11pm ET on SC

Geez can you wipe your ass without your wife commenting on it. Like we care what your wife says. :wacko: