[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Experts Mock Draft (PPR)

Primetime9287

well, welker was the pick...and fwiw, i just dont see it...in 2007 with Brady having a year for the ages Welker ranked 32 in PPG at 17.57 (112 catches for 1175 yards with 8 TDs)...Do people see Welker eclipsing those numbers let alone meeting them again? Meeting them maybe(call me doubtful) but no way he eclipses them and even if he did it wouldnt be by much...Boldin, imo was the pick there

+1

I've bee looking at each expert's draft so far, and there's not one of them that I think has been making the right moves (including the Huddle). But hey, they are the experts, and I clearly am not. It just seems like everyone is trying to get a little too cute with the PPR rule here.

I agree with the Huddle strategy of picking RB, WR, WR... but I don't like either of the actual players that they took at WR (at least not at the positions which they were drafted).

I agree with Keg. I would have selected White over Colston, and then Boldin over Welker if he were still available. But again, there's more than one way to approach things. I don't think there's anything wrong with Welker and Colston.

Edited by Caveman_Nick

well, welker was the pick...and fwiw, i just dont see it...in 2007 with Brady having a year for the ages Welker ranked 32 in PPG at 17.57 (112 catches for 1175 yards with 8 TDs)...Do people see Welker eclipsing those numbers let alone meeting them again? Meeting them maybe(call me doubtful) but no way he eclipses them and even if he did it wouldnt be by much...Boldin, imo was the pick there

The debate in R3 was between Welker and Boldin, with Manning and Bowe having been eliminated earlier in the conversation. I went Welker because of the # of catches, because Brady is back, and because I have worries about Boldin. I'm not as confident as you he goes back to Arizona as a happy camper and matches what he's done in the past. If he has a new deal in his pocket, then he's the pick; actually, he's not even on the board here. But he doesn't, so Welker gets the nod. Welker very nearly matched those 2007 catch/yardage numbers with a system QB last year (112, 1165), so I'm reasonably confident he puts up something similar with Brady back.

As for Colston over White, the Saints are a pass-first offense and the Falcons are run-first. And the Falcons added Tony Gonzalez, who is bound to take some looks off of Roddy's plate. I thought White or Brees might slip back around the turn, but no such luck.

The debate in R3 was between Welker and Boldin, with Manning and Bowe having been eliminated earlier in the conversation. I went Welker because of the # of catches, because Brady is back, and because I have worries about Boldin. I'm not as confident as you he goes back to Arizona as a happy camper and matches what he's done in the past. If he has a new deal in his pocket, then he's the pick; actually, he's not even on the board here. But he doesn't, so Welker gets the nod. Welker very nearly matched those 2007 catch/yardage numbers with a system QB last year (112, 1165), so I'm reasonably confident he puts up something similar with Brady back.

As for Colston over White, the Saints are a pass-first offense and the Falcons are run-first. And the Falcons added Tony Gonzalez, who is bound to take some looks off of Roddy's plate. I thought White or Brees might slip back around the turn, but no such luck.

i do agree and understand the risk associated with Boldin this year due to the uncertainty of the situation...but I guess I am a bit of a gambler well that and I dont like the pats :wacko:

In the end it's like throwing four dollar bills on the table and arguing over who gets which one. All of the players are in the range, it's really just a matter of preference.

Welker will give you points. I think that Reggie Bush was a value where he went.

That was the guy who I was wondering when he was going to get selected.

Welker will give you points. I think that Reggie Bush was a value where he went.

who wouldnt? :wacko:

and with regards to Bush I actually didnt even notice he was still available...I am one of the few Bush backers and he would have been my pick even over boldin but having already selected colston would have made a bush pick a bit more tough...I think many people forget what sorta pace bush was on last year when he got hurt

Edited by keggerz

Not sure how many people are on the Pierre Thomas bandwagon but I absolutely love the start by #6 pick.

Forte

Jennings

Marshall

Pierre

I would have rolled with SJax over Forte, but all in all I think thats a great start. Pierre is going to surprise some people this year. Jennings and Marshall should be Top 10 WRs in PPR.

Our boys at thehuddle are off to a good start. But I agree, Id have taken Roddy and Bowe ahead of Colston. Still a good WR1 tho.

Coles is a fantastic #3 WR at 7.02

He's gonna do some serious damage and could approach 100 catches if Palmer has the kind of year many of us believe he will.

Screw Rotoworld. They bashed Stewart earlier in an article and then they call him "the best backup RB in football". Dumbasses.

Addai over Grant?

I am kind of surprised by this one. Grant was playing on a gimpy hamstring last year and still put up respectable numbers. Addai has some serious competition in Brown to contend with, and has a long history of poor durability.

I am a Bowe fan, so I would have taken his potential in a new pass-heavy format over Welker considering his main competition for looks in Tony Gonzalez is no longet there, but you cant argue with Welker's consistency in a PPR format. coin flip.

I love the Coles pick this late. With a healthy Palmer there are a LOT of passes to go around.

CBSSports.com

1.06 Forte, Matt CHI RB

2.07 Jennings, Greg GBP WR

3.06 Marshall, Brandon DEN WR

4.07 Thomas, Pierre NOS RB

5.06 Johnson, Larry KCC RB

6.07 Romo, Tony DAL QB

7.06 Ward, Hines PIT WR

FansFantasyFootball.com

1.05 Turner, Michael ATL RB

2.08 Jacobs, Brandon NYG RB

3.05 Smith, Kevin DET RB