[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

State of the Dallas Cowboys

Cowboyz1

Well a 1/4 of the season is over and from what I can tell this is a reversal of how the Cowboys play early in the season. I hope they can get on track for a late season push. I look around the league and it seeam every yeat we have some upstarts only to fade as the seson prgresses and we see great teams lose a few early then get it going late in the seaso. Still to early to judge who is who but Dallas' O played a horrible game and made the Defense suck wind more then they should have had to.

What needs to change?

Romo has to do a better job managing games and be smarter with the football. Why challenge Champ on two critical plays. They should have rolled Romo out and pressed the goal line as a run threat and look for a receiver. No excuse as to why they couldn't get into the end zone late. Romo throws well on the run so why not roll it out and find a way into the endzone.

Garrett has to do a better job managing Romo. If a guy is struggling then run the football.

Defense is a mystery to me. One week they get ran all over, the next they get passed all over the next they stop everything for a half of football against Carolina. This week played stout but got tuckered out being on the field so long with Romo off. He almost got two of his WR killed with those high throws.

I think this team misses TO as he commanded attention. Who is that guy now? Roy hasn't shown me much, Austin is still making bad adjustments on critical downs. On that play that when it went incomplete late in the third, Austion ran a fly route with an all out blitz coming, The hot read was a slant which Romo throw to that spot. Austin should have come accoss the DB's face which should have been a long play.

Again Austin should have worked to the sidelines and caught that ball that was picked by Bailey.

If we can win in KC and get through the Bye week 3-2 and get Felix healthy again and go back to the basics Dallas can still be dangerous. They just need to come together.

We will see after the bye what this team is made of. I still have hope they can get it together but there is a fissure in my resolve after this ugly loss.

I have seen teams play poorly early in the season then go on a steak, we had better get it going or it's going to be too late. This Denver game is going to come back to haunt us I can feel it. Bad loss but give Denver credit they played a solid game and didn't beat themselves.

Romo needs to be more aware in the pocket, you just don't look at a safety walking up on the end of the line then ignore him and think you have all day to throw it. Bad field presence which isn't like him. Here is hoping for a solid win streak for the next 4.

The Owner hired the worst GM in the league, himself.

The GM hired one of the if not the worst HC Wade Phillips, and is too stubborn or stupid to admit he made a mistake, or simply fix it.

The HC was brought in to fix the D, but this is the softest D in the clutch of any team Ive seen, that is suppose to be good

The Roy Williams, hurt the roster big time. Dallas needs a real LT, and could have got Oher, had they not gave the pick instead to Det, for Roy.

The way the team closed out Texas Stadium, and brought in the new stadium. Just makes me sick.

Dallas will not make the playoffs, and after the 2 loses we have seen, they do not deserve too. They schedule in Nov and Dec is simply brutal, these 2 loses will be huge then.

Teams like Denver and SF have inferior talent, but both of these teams find a way to win, thus far. Dallas finds new ways to lose each week.

Im ready for the owner to go. Nothing will change until he does. I know this isnt going to happen, but Im just as sick of Jerry, as I am the way his team plays. This team had 1 HC for 29 yrs before he bought the team. Since they have had 6 and counting. Luckily for this franchise Jimmy was so damn good. Otherwise this franchise would be a bigger embarassment, than it is today.....

Jerry, you are a laughing stock. Turn the reigns over to Stephen Jones , and let him hire a GM.

Edited by Dallas Sooner

I said it last week ... don't put too much stock into the Dallas defensive play in the 2nd half against Carolina - Carolina is in shambles this year and they are a very bad team.

This Dallas defense is woefully insufficient. Even if they make a single good play here or there overall they are not capable of playing a full 4 quarters of football. Teams are moving the ball up and down the field at will. The Dallas defense can't make a play in the 4th quarter for nothing. This defense might be adequate if the offense was putting up 30+ points a game.

Sooner said it. The problem starts at the top ... Dallas has a GM that no other team in the league would hire based on his merits as a GM. Hell, there isn't a college program in the country that would give him a job. The talent on this team now is largely the result of the period of time in which Jerry stepped back and let Parcells run the show. Then we have a powder puff head coach. Wade has never had real success anywhere as a head coach and he lost his spine decades ago (if he ever had one). I suppose it is possible that he could be a good defensive coordinator but not while being the head coach. Wade has not brought anything to the Cowboys except for a tendancy to softness.

The offensive play calling by Jason Garrett has been very suspect as well. He seems to be calling plays with other objectives in mind than playing to the Cowboys' strengths and attempting to win games. More and more I find myself wondering why the hell Garrett just called that play.

This team and Romo miss TO, whether they will admit it or not. Roy Williams is not a true number 1 WR ... he doesn't command the defensive attention that TO did and he doesn't make the plays that TO was capable of making.

The Cowboys will be watching the playoffs from the living rooms again this year.

I understand your frustration 'Boys fans, but a little perspective here. You could be me. Your team is still playoff-caliber if they can fix a few problems.

We have literally one player on our roster who is worth a crap.

I understand your frustration 'Boys fans, but a little perspective here. You could be me. Your team is still playoff-caliber if they can fix a few problems.

We have literally one player on our roster who is worth a crap.

I don't know ... it might be worse watching a team that you know has the talent to win if only it had coaching ...

I don't know ... it might be worse watching a team that you know has the talent to win if only it had coaching ...

That's true. I have VERY low expectations.

This. That D has as much talent as any in the league. They just don't play like they care if they lose. The O could run on anyone. And then there's Turnover Tony...

Well a 1/4 of the season is over and from what I can tell this is a reversal of how the Cowboys play early in the season. I hope they can get on track for a late season push. I look around the league and it seeam every yeat we have some upstarts only to fade as the seson prgresses and we see great teams lose a few early then get it going late in the seaso. Still to early to judge who is who but Dallas' O played a horrible game and made the Defense suck wind more then they should have had to.

What needs to change?

Romo has to do a better job managing games and be smarter with the football. Why challenge Champ on two critical plays. They should have rolled Romo out and pressed the goal line as a run threat and look for a receiver. No excuse as to why they couldn't get into the end zone late. Romo throws well on the run so why not roll it out and find a way into the endzone.

Garrett has to do a better job managing Romo. If a guy is struggling then run the football.

Defense is a mystery to me. One week they get ran all over, the next they get passed all over the next they stop everything for a half of football against Carolina. This week played stout but got tuckered out being on the field so long with Romo off. He almost got two of his WR killed with those high throws.

I think this team misses TO as he commanded attention. Who is that guy now? Roy hasn't shown me much, Austin is still making bad adjustments on critical downs. On that play that when it went incomplete late in the third, Austion ran a fly route with an all out blitz coming, The hot read was a slant which Romo throw to that spot. Austin should have come accoss the DB's face which should have been a long play.

Again Austin should have worked to the sidelines and caught that ball that was picked by Bailey.

If we can win in KC and get through the Bye week 3-2 and get Felix healthy again and go back to the basics Dallas can still be dangerous. They just need to come together.

We will see after the bye what this team is made of. I still have hope they can get it together but there is a fissure in my resolve after this ugly loss.

I have seen teams play poorly early in the season then go on a steak, we had better get it going or it's going to be too late. This Denver game is going to come back to haunt us I can feel it. Bad loss but give Denver credit they played a solid game and didn't beat themselves.

Romo needs to be more aware in the pocket, you just don't look at a safety walking up on the end of the line then ignore him and think you have all day to throw it. Bad field presence which isn't like him. Here is hoping for a solid win streak for the next 4.

Plus the Head Coach has some seious " MOOBS!" Get him a Man Zier.....

The state of the Cowboys.

On third and goal, the Cowboys, had a match up with their #4 WR, who was 1 on 1 with one of the premier cornerbacks in the league. :wacko: Hmmmm, let's see, who is going to win that battle 9 out of 10 times?

One fourth and goal, the Cowboys, had a match up with their #4 WR, who was 1 on 1 with one of the premier cornerbacks in the league. :D Hmmmm, let's see, who is going to win that battle 19 out of 20 times?

Trusting Romo and Hurd with the game on the line against Champ Bailey was pure insanity.

This is all a coaching problem. You can't have this much talent and still suck like they do a lot of the time.

RUN-THE-FREAKIN-BALL

It is that simple. All the other problems go away. But they just won't so it. Damn Romo-sexuals.

Jason Garrett sucks.

The defense is only consistent at one thing. Sucking when it matters (end of Giants game, end of 1st half of Carolina game, end of Denver game).

Correct those two things and you've got a contender. Add a legit #1 WR and you have another ring.