[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Cowboys vs. Eagles

Cowboyz1

Well well well, what do we have here. Philly week. And wouldn't ya know it's for the division lead. Here we are half way through the season and the Cowboys are atop the division with a chance to take sole possession of 1st, on the road, where that thing last year happened. The Giants are falling fast as their secondary has been devastated by injury. So barring more injuries, it's shaping up to be a two horse race. That is unless the Giants go and sign Pacman to sure up their secondary :wacko: .

Philly, good team, but the loss of Dawkins is going to show up in this game. He was the fire on D that the Eagles will miss in this game. Mcnabb is playing like Mcnabb, on sometimes, off sometimes. Westbrook is in his twilight games and personally would rather he play then McCoy. The mere fact the Eagles lost to the Raiders tells me they are ripe for a take down. You just can't lose to Oakland and expect to be taken seriously.

That said, the Cowboys on the other hand are playing really good football in all three phases of the game. They make you start from inside your own 20 and make you string 80 yard drives together. Special teams has played great. Romo has been great, third game in a row without a pick(knock on wood) another three TD's and hit 10 different targets. He has been on the money for the most part and you can tell he has worked on protecting the football, as i watch he has the ball tucked when he scrambles and is more willing to give up on a play this year and take the sack or throw the ball away more then years past. Like I said and bet ealier this year, I see Romo with as many if not more TD's then any other QB in the league and will go deep into the playoffs.

The D is playing very good, the secondary is solid with Jenkins and Newman not only covering but laying the wood as well. Brooking is turning into our version of Dawkins. His fire burns hot and keeps the team amped.

Prediction: Cowboys 27 Eagles 17

Mcnabb gets sacked 5 times, throws 2 picks and fumbles once. The Eagles feed off of short fields and quick strikes. They won't have that this game and Mcnabb is not patient enough to go on long drives without mistakes. He won't have wide open recievers running all over the field nor will have the time to sit back and wait for them to uncover. No more Roy Williams in our Secondary to get behind and no more open seam to exploit.

Romo goes for 300+ and another 3 TD's. No picks, No fumbles has one of his finest games of the year. I don't see the Eagles able to handle all the weapons coming out of the backfield and our WR at the same time, especially without their starting backers and Dawkins gone. Philly won't be able to run, not that they care to anyway, but that pass happy offense will come to a screeching halt as D ware and co. get after it.

You lose to Oakland, your going to get beat by this years Cowboys.....Sig bets covered

This game is redemption but payback will come later this year :D

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Raiders dominate line of scrimmage, stun Eagles

It was over when ...

(Bill Haber / Associated Press)JaMarcus Russell rolled out on third-and-10 and completed a 13-yard pass to Gary Russell for the first down with 1:55 to play. With the Eagles out of timeouts, the Raiders were able to run out the clock and earn their first home win of 2009.

Raiders TE Zach Miller scored the game's lone touchdown on a career-high 86-yard first-quarter catch.

If the Raiders can Dominate the Eagles, I am sure the Cowboys can dominate in the trenches too............And when JaMarcus Russell can complete a pass of more then 10 yards on you AND on third down, you got problems that were not fixed in two weeks this game may just end up a blow out in the reverse of last years thing that happened at the link. :wacko:

Smarmy_I_am is probably watching the Phillies getting jacked...so much pain and suffering for one city

Maybe that's why they ironically call it the "City of Brotherly Love". So much pain, flipping love to hate............Anytime you erect a statue of an imaginary boxer and snub the real life legend who really did wage war in the ring, that will tend to take a lot of love out of people.........

Say the Eagles were to win an NFL Championship, I know, I know it's far fetched but what if, they would probably erect a bronze statue of Burt Reynolds with "Green Machine" printed on his back.

You go ahead and keep that link as a souvenir you can pull it up when ever you're feeling down. Take Sunday for example, the Eagles have just been drubbed into the ground at home, your gonna need some pick me up. That page will work great for while, may take your mind off things, say until week 16 when the Blues of playoffs past come callin..........AGAIN

Edited by Cowboyz1

whoops :D guess we can still be reigning champs at least another two days.

I'll respond to the meatball later this week...in the meantime, some fodder to read:

Link

Man you Eagles fans really like to live in the past :wacko:

As for the game . Cowboyz , I love your enthusiasm :D Dallas @ Philly is never easy. Playing at any of the NFC east away fields is never easy. Philly and the fans will surely be very up for this game. Philly has big play capabilities for sure. We need to eliminate those quick home runs and certainly cant have those gut wrenching penalties.

I have been very impressed with Dallas of late. The Falcons game was a great display. I wont read into the Seahawks game that much because beating them is equal to beating Wichita State. Dallas, the team and the fans, need to stay grounded and focused. They are better than I thought they were but still slip into a bad football team more often than you want to see and cant do that if you want to consistently win. Romo has been great . This is the type of game he needs to perform in to begin to get that monkey off his back. I wont give too much credence to the loss vs Oak by Philly. They just layed an egg.

Should be a hard hitting NFC east battle. I expect both teams to score over 30

Edited by whomper

Man you Eagles fans really like to live in the past :wacko:

:D We have such a gloried history, what do you expect.

I too think the game will be high scoring, and as usual, I think there will be some key turnovers that affect the outcome (see Game 1 last year, when West/McNabb fumbled an exchange, giving Dallas the last possession and the win......then see Game 2, and Romo's 1INT/2 fumbles turning into 21 points and a 38-point rout).

Both teams have played fairly well the last two weeks, limiting mistakes and taking advantage of whats been given to them. Cowboys had a huge home win over the Falcons, while the Eagles did the same over the Giants. Both defenses swarming, both offenses running the ball well, and each with WRs that made big plays.

Should be the usual fun battle....with two teams evenly matched, I'll take the one with the better coach playing on its homefield.

Eagles 31, Cowboys 27.

:D We have such a gloried history, what do you expect.

I too think the game will be high scoring, and as usual, I think there will be some key turnovers that affect the outcome (see Game 1 last year, when West/McNabb fumbled an exchange, giving Dallas the last possession and the win......then see Game 2, and Romo's 1INT/2 fumbles turning into 21 points and a 38-point rout).

Both teams have played fairly well the last two weeks, limiting mistakes and taking advantage of whats been given to them. Cowboys had a huge home win over the Falcons, while the Eagles did the same over the Giants. Both defenses swarming, both offenses running the ball well, and each with WRs that made big plays.

Should be the usual fun battle....with two teams evenly matched, I'll take the one with the better coach playing on its homefield.

Eagles 31, Cowboys 27.

Wah............I'm speachless. Ok.............fine, I guess..............what you said, gonna be a fun game yah...........................can't wait. May the better team win pip pip cheerio and all that :wacko:

Your still gonna sig bet me right :D

Wah............I'm speachless. Ok.............fine, I guess..............what you said, gonna be a fun game yah...........................can't wait. May the better team win pip pip cheerio and all that :wacko:

Your still gonna sig bet me right :D

I know you were looking for a little chest-thumping. You may get some before the week is out. We left the Giants fans off the hook last week, only because it was a truly embarrassing blowout for them, and it would have been like kicking a dog who had just been run over by a car.

I am sure you noticed I picked a close game....that way, when we blow you out, i can say "Geez, we kicked your arse harder than even I thought we would". :D

Of course I'll sig bet you....I bet Slayer a 6-pack of local brew on the Saints-Eagles game, even though the Birds were a 5-point dog and down a starting QB. I always back my squad. As a 3-point favorite, even moreso. :D