[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Someone talk me out of S@%canning my TE Tony Gonzalez

brg88tx

Come on. Pick up one of the "hot" TEs off waivers but don't be stupid . . . dropping Gonzo would be idiocy at this point. 2 more games like these and I could see it but not yet - no way.

Tony G has just dropped off the radar this year, he is horrible to say the least for a TE. How does one go from top 3 status to worthless in just over a year?

How much would you like to bet he'll be a top 12 by the end of this year? Write the guy off after 2 weeks, sure...

How much would you like to bet he'll be a top 12 by the end of this year? Write the guy off after 2 weeks, sure...

Between his last 2 games of last year, and now this years 1st 2 games have passed and the fantasy numbers look the same.....nothing spectacular. Im not going to drop him by any means but he is starting to look incredibly irrelevant at this point though, I would love for him to prove me wrong. Im not writing him off after 2 weeks but I am certainly questioning his playmaking abilities after dismal numbers through his last 4 games, its almost like Matt Ryan has forgotten he has a future Hall of Fame TE to chuck the rock to.

Between his last 2 games of last year, and now this years 1st 2 games have passed and the fantasy numbers look the same.....nothing spectacular. Im not going to drop him by any means but he is starting to look incredibly irrelevant at this point though, I would love for him to prove me wrong. Im not writing him off after 2 weeks but I am certainly questioning his playmaking abilities after dismal numbers through his last 4 games, its almost like Matt Ryan has forgotten he has a future Hall of Fame TE to chuck the rock to.

Oh, I must have had you mistaken with the guy who declared him "worthless in just over a year" after 2 games. My bad.

Edited by Pope Flick

Tony G has just dropped off the radar this year, he is horrible to say the least for a TE. How does one go from top 3 status to worthless in just over a year?

I consider him worthless over the past 4 games including his 2 final games of last year. Reading completely does wonders.

:wacko: Guess I need to go back to school and take reading comprehension again.

You can't drop him yet (well you can, but it wouldn't be wise)...it is disheartening to see him put up 2 of his 3 worst games of the past 3 years to kick of the 2010 season.

Watching both games there is definitely a combo of Matt Ryan eye lock on Roddy White, Gonzo looking slow and a bit sloppy in his routes, and circumstances (being way ahead last game)...conspiring against big success.

I've got him and Carlson in several redrafts and am going to have a tough time running Tony G out there again this week (which means he'll blow up so all you other owners should start him)

WD

:wacko: I drafted him in round 5 or 6 and backed him up with Greshem in the 14th.....So, I will not drop him yet, but try to trade him even though his value is low, you can couple him with a WR like Steve Smith (Car) and get a Vernon Davis, I think it would be worth it....

I just offered Maclin for him in one league. I have to beleive that Tony G will put up numbers. Ryan just hasn't been targeting him this year. He only has eyes for Roddy....

That will change when defenses roll more coverage to Roddy. Time to buy low!