[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

By not interfering w/ leagues is Yahoo an accessory to crime?

mxnrelxn

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Honestly how much money are we talking??? Most leauges I've seen have a top pay out of maybe a little more than a $1000....

Those leauges u have to pay like $200 or more to get in.. Who in their right mind would pay a complete stranger $200 or more to play FF??? I honestly had to question paying $50 with people I know....

Also in the eyes of the law if ur sueing for anything under $2500 (I believe it's that much not 100%) it is considered small claims court...

How funny would it be if this guy ended up on Judge Judy or something like that????

Well, screw you guys. I would definitely sue Yahoo for this, same as I'm going to sue that Nigerian prince who still hasn't sent me my money even though I've sent him all the expenses he asked for.

:wacko:

Wait a SECOND HERE. The Nigerian prince cant be sending you money because he promised it to me and I bet I sent my mere $2,000 (for the paper work mind you which is understandable) well before you ever did.

Edited by BearBroncos

Not that this dead horse needs to be beat anymore, but I was just curiously looking at the terms and services Yahoo has used to protect themselves from liability, like any smart company would do. There are dozens of statements that protect them from this in the contract the OP agreed to when he joined, but this is all that's needed:

ENTERTAINMENT PURPOSES ONLY

Fantasy Football and the Premium Services are for entertainment purposes only and may not be used in connection with any form of gambling or wagering.

If anything Yahoo should have responded by eliminating your account with them, because you've blatantly admitted to them that you're attempting to use their services in a way that violates their terms... Thankfully, they're not looking to stick their noses where they don't belong, but unfortunately, I can't say the same for many people in this country who abuse the legal system by frivolously suing everytime they get a hangnail, and make scumbag lawyers rich.

Edited by delusions of granduer

what if it was a league on espn, cbs or some other site, would everyone here fill the same.

What if someone in a local home league refused to pay 1 k?

Man I feel like a :wacko: here lately, but you can't be serious.... Why in the world would it matter who the provider is? Do those sites take in money and make payouts? No, the members do... As far as the sites' concerned, they're not liable for what members do, in writing.

In the government's eyes it's considered gambling, especially if it's never been reported in taxes.. Though they're likely not going to pursue you for it, the legal system isn't going to treat you any differently than someone who got ripped off in a drug deal. The only difference is they're less likely to arrest you for it, but they can't give you justice for what they consider a welched bet with no legal contract or basis.

what if it was a league on espn, cbs or some other site, would everyone here fill the same.

Yes. Which site it is makes no difference.

What if someone in a local home league refused to pay 1 k?

They would get the crap kicked out of them. Plus, in local leagues, you (or at least some of the other owners) know the commish, so it's not the same (you're not all giving money to someone you don't know).

One time, I joined a Yahoo league that I paid $30 to play in for a pot. I won the league and the mof didn't pay. I later found out it was at least the second time he had done this to people. I alerted Yahoo about him, but predictabley nothing happened. I was just hoping they'd ban him from all Yahoo fantasy games but that didn't even happen. It's THIS GUY, THIS is him as well - same person. So I did all I could do, created threads on as many fantasy sites as I could telling everyone everything I knew about him, I stone cold busted him with corroborating evidence. I Googled a Yahoo email address of his, and found an entire thread over on a sports card site of him putting together a Yahoo football league in '08, collecting the money, complete with season commentary, then everyone complaining about not getting paid to end the thread. He was banned from the site for it, I found out from a Moderator of the site. From that thread I found out his real name, City and State. I just continued Googleing every piece of info I had on him and found him all over the web because he keeps using the same usernames.

Not that this dead horse needs to be beat anymore, but I was just curiously looking at the terms and services Yahoo has used to protect themselves from liability, like any smart company would do. There are dozens of statements that protect them from this in the contract the OP agreed to when he joined, but this is all that's needed:

If anything Yahoo should have responded by eliminating your account with them, because you've blatantly admitted to them that you're attempting to use their services in a way that violates their terms... Thankfully, they're not looking to stick their noses where they don't belong, but unfortunately, I can't say the same for many people in this country who abuse the legal system by frivolously suing everytime they get a hangnail, and make scumbag lawyers rich.

Yep. Paypal will shut you down too if they think any money transfer has anything to do with fantasy football gambling.