[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Asomugha to the Eagles

DMD

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

not to mention if he followed them out of the stadium I'd be willing to bet they had a Jersey license plate on their car and this is no slight to anyone who lives in Jersey unless your name is Whomper......but a lot of the fans who have been arrested at local events are indeed from Jersey (not all....we have assclowns too)...

:wacko:

Well the Eagles certainly appear to have overtaken the Patriots as the team "winning" free agency. Were I an Eagle fan I would feel very positive about the process. To me, it looks like the Eagles not only improved themselves generally, but that they improved themselves in preparation for a show down with the Current Champs.

The Eagles can now handle three and four wide sets. They can produce more pressure on the Q.B. And not unimportantly they have both a defenseive and offensive guy from the Packers to help steal calls and sight trends. ( I say help because in this day and age, with so much tape on a team, it really is not necessary to have a former player to know what an opponent is doing. This is not the 50's or 60's, still it may help).

Certainly the teams in the NFC East have to be taking note. If I were Romo, Manning, and a starter to be named later I would already be thinking about those ball hawks and the increased pressure up front.

I am more thinking its because Whomp has Jersey plates :wacko:

he doesn't go to the games and it's not aimed at everyone from Jersey....but a lot of the people getting arrested at games are from Jersey, this is not a slight against people from Jersey, I am merely stating a fact....

Well the Eagles certainly appear to have overtaken the Patriots as the team "winning" free agency. Were I an Eagle fan I would feel very positive about the process. To me, it looks like the Eagles not only improved themselves generally, but that they improved themselves in preparation for a show down with the Current Champs.

The Eagles can now handle three and four wide sets. They can produce more pressure on the Q.B. And not unimportantly they have both a defenseive and offensive guy from the Packers to help steal calls and sight trends. ( I say help because in this day and age, with so much tape on a team, it really is not necessary to have a former player to know what an opponent is doing. This is not the 50's or 60's, still it may help).

Certainly the teams in the NFC East have to be taking note. If I were Romo, Manning, and a starter to be named later I would already be thinking about those ball hawks and the increased pressure up front.

100% agree. as a matter of fact, I think the season should be canceled and the Lombardi trophy just be sent to the Eagles. :wacko:

he doesn't go to the games and it's not aimed at everyone from Jersey....but a lot of the people getting arrested at games are from Jersey, this is not a slight against people from Jersey, I am merely stating a fact....

Using that logic I am surprised we dont see this as much at Giants games

as far as the signing. once again I will say it was a terrific addition for the birds. I am just waiting for Jerry to answer with something very stupid for a player we dont have a need for just to make some sort of splash in free agency

Using that logic I am surprised we dont see this as much at Giants games

as far as the signing. once again I will say it was a terrific addition for the birds. I am just waiting for Jerry to answer with something very stupid for a player we dont have a need for just to make some sort of splash in free agency

south Jersey isn't north Jersey and I have lived in south Jersey for a little bit....I lived in a great area - I don't know what part of Jersey anyone who has been arrested at a game is from, just that they were from Jersey....you're probably going to take what I'm saying the wrong way regardless, but this is no slight to everyone from Jersey but I am just stating a fact....

edit: as for the 2nd part of your post, this screams Randy Moss...

Edited by Avernus

south Jersey isn't north Jersey and I have lived in south Jersey for a little bit....I lived in a great area - I don't know what part of Jersey anyone who has been arrested at a game is from, just that they were from Jersey....you're probably going to take what I'm saying the wrong way regardless, but this is no slight to everyone from Jersey but I am just stating a fact....

edit: as for the 2nd part of your post, this screams Randy Moss...

No offense taken. I have lived in NJ all my life and would move out in a heartbeat because of how expensive it is to live here. As far as the Jersey classification representing the worst of the Philly fans. Its a bit of a deflection and in the big scheme of things doesnt really matter anyway. Bottom line is if you are an opposing fan at a philly game in any sport you are gonna look over your shoulder more than at most other facilities. I do also believe there are tons of passionate fans there too that would just maybe dish out some good natured harmless ribbing to an opposing fan. Either way it is unfortunate to leave a ballgame with a bad experience since going to a game is supposed to be a good time . The thread has gotten off track. Bottom line is the signing was big. Thank God they still have Reid who will blow a call in a big spot and send you to another year of ringless shame and dissapointment

Romo is going to light him up and make him his bitch...just like all Eagles fans are.

i just hope romo stays healthy long enough to throw picks.

outside the obvious 'likes' about this move, the image of jerry jones fist-pumping when the jets dropped out and being thwarted only moments later by breaking news that the birds acquired nmandi was (and continues to be) the icing on the cake.

'tis a small concession for a bitch (read eagles fan) such as myself.

but yes, you're right. romo will light it up this year and you guys look to be the clear favorites for the division.

good luck this season. . .

Edited by slainte

outside the obvious 'likes' about this move, the image of jerry jones fist-pumping when the jets dropped out and being thwarted only moments later by breaking news that the birds acquired nmandi was (and continues to be) the icing on the cake.

but yes, you're right. romo will light it up this year and you guys look to be the clear favorites for the division.

Dallas is 4-1 in their last 5 against the Birds, and Dallas led late in the 4th of the only game they lost. I dont think Dallas fears Philly by any means. Nnamdi is a great player, but he doesnt play LB, and doesnt pass protect. Teams take time to gel, and this isnt likely going to happen over night. Vick is fragile, and the way he plays he is an injury waiting to happen. Teams have more film on him now, and he isnt going to be sneaking up on anyone this year. Jackson is pissed about not getting his money, and Maclin may not be the same player with what he is going through. Add the expectations, and Dream Team talk, the target on their back just got huge, to go with a 1st place schedule. Forgive me if I would rather play out the season and see this team have to earn something.

No offense taken. I have lived in NJ all my life and would move out in a heartbeat because of how expensive it is to live here. As far as the Jersey classification representing the worst of the Philly fans. Its a bit of a deflection and in the big scheme of things doesnt really matter anyway. Bottom line is if you are an opposing fan at a philly game in any sport you are gonna look over your shoulder more than at most other facilities. I do also believe there are tons of passionate fans there too that would just maybe dish out some good natured harmless ribbing to an opposing fan. Either way it is unfortunate to leave a ballgame with a bad experience since going to a game is supposed to be a good time . The thread has gotten off track. Bottom line is the signing was big. Thank God they still have Reid who will blow a call in a big spot and send you to another year of ringless shame and dissapointment

thank got Reid isn't calling the plays :wacko:

Dallas is 4-1 in their last 5 against the Birds, and Dallas led late in the 4th of the only game they lost. I dont think Dallas fears Philly by any means. Nnamdi is a great player, but he doesnt play LB, and doesnt pass protect. Teams take time to gel, and this isnt likely going to happen over night. Vick is fragile, and the way he plays he is an injury waiting to happen. Teams have more film on him now, and he isnt going to be sneaking up on anyone this year. Jackson is pissed about not getting his money, and Maclin may not be the same player with what he is going through. Add the expectations, and Dream Team talk, the target on their back just got huge, to go with a 1st place schedule. Forgive me if I would rather play out the season and see this team have to earn something.

saying Vick is fragile is a tad much....the better way to put it is he puts himself out there to get hit more than other QB's and runs all out....which makes him more susceptible to injury....and you make it seem like there are a slew of teams that don't have holes left and right...starting with your Cowboys who won't win more than 1 playoff game with Romo under center and the OL is average....just like your DL depth and your secondary...Dallas has holes galore...

Eagles have holes at safety but might be able to fill them by default by running nickel packages which will allow us to also have 2 LB's with that strong front 4....our weakness would be if we had to play 4-3 a lot but I like Matthews and Chaney at LB if we run Nickel and the RT position will be filled....so we'll see how that is handled...

Dallas actually dropped out and the Jets didn't....the Eagles swooped in right under the Jets and signed him...

Just curious...if its fact there should be figures. Can you prove this?

Just curious...if its fact there should be figures. Can you prove this?

there was an article on this a few years ago...I'm not sure where I can find it....I wouldn't have brought it up out of nowhere, but the article backed up several instances....and it was discussed on 610 WIP but they'll discuss anything controversial....

there was an article on this a few years ago...I'm not sure where I can find it....I wouldn't have brought it up out of nowhere, but the article backed up several instances....and it was discussed on 610 WIP but they'll discuss anything controversial....

Thanks. I just did a quick Google search but didn't find anything. If it was a few years ago it may not be so easy to find.

C'mon Dallas fanboys... You know you are scared now. The Eagles not only got my boy Nnamdi, they jacked Jenkins from right under Jerry's nose. If they add a quality LB somehow, even if they trade Asante for one, the defense is looking a loooot better. Tell yourselves what you want, but the Eagles are a legit contender for the SB. No one except the media and Vince Young are buying into the "Dream Team" jazz, and when all is said and done, The Eagles are the most exciting team in football right now. Super Bowl?? Who knows? But I am happily along for the ride! You can't say Lurie and Banner aren't going for it this year.

Vick, McCoy, Jackon, Maclin, Celek, Donald Lee, Cole, Jenkins, Babin, Nnamdi, Cromartie, Samuel, Chaney... Sounds pretty exciting to me!

C'mon Dallas fanboys... You know you are scared now. The Eagles not only got my boy Nnamdi, they jacked Jenkins from right under Jerry's nose. If they add a quality LB somehow, even if they trade Asante for one, the defense is looking a loooot better. Tell yourselves what you want, but the Eagles are a legit contender for the SB. No one except the media and Vince Young are buying into the "Dream Team" jazz, and when all is said and done, The Eagles are the most exciting team in football right now. Super Bowl?? Who knows? But I am happily along for the ride! You can't say Lurie and Banner aren't going for it this year.

Vick, McCoy, Jackon, Maclin, Celek, Donald Lee, Cole, Jenkins, Babin, Nnamdi, Cromartie, Samuel, Chaney... Sounds pretty exciting to me!

LMAO, Donald Lee is exciting. Chaney is exciting. Now I know your drinking the Kool Aid.

Vick, McCoy, Jackson, Maclin and Celek

vs

Romo, Felix, Dez, Miles, And Witten.

Sorry i dont see Philly better than Dallas here. And I especially dont see their OL better.

As far as defense, there is no way of knowing yet. Andy hired his former OL coach to be his DC, while we got Rob Ryan who has more talent than he said he has ever had before.

But Im fine with Ware, Ratliff, Bradie, S Lee, Brooking, and Bruce Carter is going to be a beast as well. Newman and Jenkins were probowlers in 09, as was Spencer. We need safeties, and I think we get 2 of them.

Im sorry, but I cant tell you how stoked I am to have Wade gone, and Rob Ryan here to fix the D. You guys still have Andy Reid, who is very Wade like, no killer instinct.

I just have a confidence about the boys this yr. Nothing Philly is going to do to change that. Have fun winning the offseason, Id rather win when it matters. And last yr you won exactly as many playoff games as Dallas did.

Edited by Brent