[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Vikings...

alexgaddis

Chris Cook actually looked pretty damn good against him one on one. There isn't a corner in the league who could have covered Johnson on that 1st touchdown, the second touchdown and the majority of Johnson's oher catches came when the Vikings went to a zone where they inexplicably ignored him.

McNabb/poor coaching lost the game.

Why the hell are you throwing (poorly thrown) deep seam routes to Kleinsasser on 1st down with the lead in the 4th quarter?!?!?!?!

Why the hell does Bernard Berrian still have a job!?!?!?

Why the hell doesn't the guy you just paid $100 mil have the ball in his hands on fourth and short with the game on the line?!?!?!

Hell... Why the hell doesn't he have the ball in his hands every freakin' play in the second half!?!?!?

All points here are spot on! :wacko:

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As a Bears fan that's lived in Minneapolis for the last 25 years, I have to say that watching the Queens failures over the years provides so much entertainment. Whether it's 41-0, Gary Anderson's missed FG, 12 men on the field or Favre throwing a last minute pick, it just never gets old. And I'm not old enough to have seen and/or remember the Superbowl losses.

These last 3 games have been epic. I was doing some stuff in the yard today and had the game on in the garage, so I could check the score every now and again. I tuned in for a while just after halftime and saw the Megatron TD to make the score 20 - 7. At that point, there was no doubt in my mind that the Lions would win the game.

I do feel a little bad for some of the fans (being a Cubs fan, I know the feeling). But, man, is it fun to watch... :wacko:

+1

except for that Bears' fan crap, of course...

I don't see the Vikes winning a division game this year. They are damaged goods right now. No lead is going to be a comfortable lead. If the opposing team scores a TD in the second half going forward, the Vikes are going to freeze and the other team will have its way.

I don't care what any fans of other teams think about the Vikings. When I was a kid, the Vikings were awesome! Now they aren't.

That is all.

At least the Twins Gophers Lynx are playing well this year.

Doesn't get much worse than right now, for a Minnesota sports fan, although I have to say the near-misses (against Atlanta and New Orleans in particular) were far more painful than the general suckiness we are witnessing now.

:wacko:

Because they've brought in numerous past-their-sell-by-date QBs over the years and had some success with some of them. I don't recall you guys pissing and moaning about bringing old QBs in when you were headed for the NFC Championship game two years ago with another old retread looking for a last payday.

Careful not to lump us all together :wacko: I never wanted Favre here and spoke openly to that end. I also opposed bringing McNabb here this season. Made that no secret, either. I have been imploring this team for years to get itself a long-term solution at QB. They seem content to keep doing what they're doing, though, and now we see where its gotten them. Not to say QB is the only reason this team is where it is. There are far more problems than just inadequate QB play :tup: .

Careful not to lump us all together :wacko: I never wanted Favre here and spoke openly to that end. I also opposed bringing McNabb here this season. Made that no secret, either. I have been imploring this team for years to get itself a long-term solution at QB. They seem content to keep doing what they're doing, though, and now we see where its gotten them. Not to say QB is the only reason this team is where it is. There are far more problems than just inadequate QB play :tup: .

I remember you saying that so, yeah, I shouldn't paint you all with the same brush. Still, the Vikes do have a lengthy history of bringing in ancient QBs and not all those moves have been a disaster by any means.

For those saying Ponder should have been the guy from day 1 though, if he'd been 0-3 at this point, everyone would be saying they should have got a vet - someone like McNabb for instance. Easiest thing in the world to be a critic.......or a journalist. These folks never are wrong.

I remember you saying that so, yeah, I shouldn't paint you all with the same brush. Still, the Vikes do have a lengthy history of bringing in ancient QBs and not all those moves have been a disaster by any means.

For those saying Ponder should have been the guy from day 1 though, if he'd been 0-3 at this point, everyone would be saying they should have got a vet - someone like McNabb for instance. Easiest thing in the world to be a critic.......or a journalist. These folks never are wrong.

I never saw anyone say Ponder should have been the guy from day 1, as much as I disliked the McNabb move, they had to at least give it a shot. Now that he's shown how bad he sucks Whomper's hairy balls, there is no reason not to switch to Ponder. The season is lost. Get the kid some experience, and if he works out, go get him a WR next year. If not, go 0-16 and draft Luck. :wacko:

Careful not to lump us all together :wacko: I never wanted Favre here and spoke openly to that end. I also opposed bringing McNabb here this season. Made that no secret, either. I have been imploring this team for years to get itself a long-term solution at QB. They seem content to keep doing what they're doing, though, and now we see where its gotten them. Not to say QB is the only reason this team is where it is. There are far more problems than just inadequate QB play :lol: .

Didn't Culpepper come out in the same year McNabb did? If it weren't for strip malls, we'd have had a long term QB. :tup:

I don't see the Vikes winning a division game this year. They are damaged goods right now. No lead is going to be a comfortable lead. If the opposing team scores a TD in the second half going forward, the Vikes are going to freeze and the other team will have its way.

I don't care what any fans of other teams think about the Vikings. When I was a kid, the Vikings were awesome! Now they aren't.

That is all.

When I was a kid the Vikes were coached by Bud Grant. They played out in the open. They had legends, Eller, Page, Larsen, Foreman, Brown, Krause. I respected those teams. When Jerry Burns took over I was indifferent. When they went inside the Humperdome and were lead by Les Steckle they became pitable. When Mike Lynn traded Dallas three Superbowls they became detestable to me. Since then, well other than Denny Green's brief reign they have been only comical. The thing is as they got worse Viking fans seemed to get angry and to lash out, sometimes unbearably so. I suppose I can't blame them. Suffering through Tice and Chilly would have made me rather dyspeptic.

Maybe someday they will find their way again. Maybe.

Edited by Ditkaless Wonders

2006 traded 2 3rd round draft picks to move up and take Tavaris Jackson in the 2nd round

2007 Gave away a late round draft pick (6th if I remember right) for Brooks Bollinger, and drafted Tyler Thigpin in the 7th round

2008 John David Booty selected with a 5th round pick which they used traded into by exchanging 5ths and giving up a 6th

2009 4th round pick traded to acquire Sage Rosenfels

6th round pick traded to acquire Kelly Holcomb

2010 Joe Webb in the 6th round

2011 Christian Ponder in the 1st

2012 6th round pick and conditional 2013 6th round pick for McNabb

That is a whole lot of draft pick to burn searching for a long term solution.

There have been 2 quarterbacks in the history of the Vikings that fit the "franchise quarterback" description, Culpepper and Tarkenton. Here's hoping a load more draft picks don't vaporize in trades trying to find or bridge the gap to the next one.

Edited by wcd480

2006 traded 2 3rd round draft picks to move up and take Tavaris Jackson in the 2nd round

2007 Gave away a late round draft pick (6th if I remember right) for Brooks Bollinger, and drafted Tyler Thigpin in the 7th round

2008 John David Booty selected with a 5th round pick which they used traded into by exchanging 5ths and giving up a 6th

2009 4th round pick traded to acquire Sage Rosenfels

6th round pick traded to acquire Kelly Holcomb

2010 Joe Webb in the 6th round

2011 Christian Ponder in the 1st

2012 6th round pick and conditional 2013 6th round pick for McNabb

That is a whole lot of draft pick to burn searching for a long term solution.

There have been 2 quarterbacks in the history of the Vikings that fit the "franchise quarterback" description, Culpepper and Tarkenton. Here's hoping a load more draft picks don't vaporize in trades trying to find or bridge the gap to the next one.

You forget the force, the majesty, of Touchdown Tommy Kramer. This also ignores completely the legend that was Joe Kapp.

Chris Cook actually looked pretty damn good against him one on one. There isn't a corner in the league who could have covered Johnson on that 1st touchdown, the second touchdown and the majority of Johnson's oher catches came when the Vikings went to a zone where they inexplicably ignored him.

McNabb/poor coaching lost the game.

Why the hell are you throwing (poorly thrown) deep seam routes to Kleinsasser on 1st down with the lead in the 4th quarter?!?!?!?!

Why the hell does Bernard Berrian still have a job!?!?!?

Why the hell doesn't the guy you just paid $100 mil have the ball in his hands on fourth and short with the game on the line?!?!?!

Hell... Why the hell doesn't he have the ball in his hands every freakin' play in the second half!?!?!?

You mentioned, as did I, the Peterson thing. That to me is the biggest mistake they made (again) and why they ended up losing. Not to give him the ball EITHER time is unforgivable, and I think we see the reaction from Frazier (for the second week now, after Percy's lack of use in the first two weeks) in his comments about feeding Peterson in second halves. It seems like Frazier is coming out with saying the "right" thing after each game to answer critics with what they want to hear - not a strong position, but it is different from the past few years, no doubt about that. A first down on either play probably makes enough of a difference to win that game.

I don't deny Cook looking good against Megatron most of the game. My point was, no cornerback SHOULD be expected to beat him on ANY play, let alone play after play. ESPECIALLY not in touchdown pass range. Thus, the double-team aspect. The touchdown was a joke - they pulled up the safety from the double cover and Stafford immediately goes to him one on one. It's not rocket science. Sit back in the zone (as you mentioned) and allow him to settle into an open spot in the end zone and other catches late in the game - that's my point exactly. You absolutely have to account for him at all times with at least a show of a double team. They seemed to be doing that a lot of the time when Pettigrew was open over the middle - you have to pick your poison. I'll pick Pettigrew (or Burleson, or the rookie) poison all day. So in that regard, I agree with the blaming coaching aspect, along with the Peterson fiasco.

I can't imagine Ziggy is too happy about Peterson not getting the ball in those situations after the check he signed. Losing the fans right now is devastating to his plans/hopes. With the way things are in Minny sports right now, people are gonna be buying new snowmobiles and Ice Castle Fish Houses instead of sports tickets.

You mentioned, as did I, the Peterson thing. That to me is the biggest mistake they made (again) and why they ended up losing. Not to give him the ball EITHER time is unforgivable, and I think we see the reaction from Frazier (for the second week now, after Percy's lack of use in the first two weeks) in his comments about feeding Peterson in second halves. It seems like Frazier is coming out with saying the "right" thing after each game to answer critics with what they want to hear - not a strong position, but it is different from the past few years, no doubt about that. A first down on either play probably makes enough of a difference to win that game.

I don't deny Cook looking good against Megatron most of the game. My point was, no cornerback SHOULD be expected to beat him on ANY play, let alone play after play. ESPECIALLY not in touchdown pass range. Thus, the double-team aspect. The touchdown was a joke - they pulled up the safety from the double cover and Stafford immediately goes to him one on one. It's not rocket science. Sit back in the zone (as you mentioned) and allow him to settle into an open spot in the end zone and other catches late in the game - that's my point exactly. You absolutely have to account for him at all times with at least a show of a double team. They seemed to be doing that a lot of the time when Pettigrew was open over the middle - you have to pick your poison. I'll pick Pettigrew (or Burleson, or the rookie) poison all day. So in that regard, I agree with the blaming coaching aspect, along with the Peterson fiasco.

I can't imagine Ziggy is too happy about Peterson not getting the ball in those situations after the check he signed. Losing the fans right now is devastating to his plans/hopes. With the way things are in Minny sports right now, people are gonna be buying new snowmobiles and Ice Castle Fish Houses instead of sports tickets.

:wacko: