[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

McGahee Update

The Angry Pirate

McGahee has been stating emphatically in local radio interviews up to and including last night that he will without question start tonight.

That said, it could be gamesmanship on DEN's part to list him as Q, or it could be gamesmanship on his part to help throw off the Jets a bit. My impression of McGahee though is that this guy is tough as nails and will play. He was back a week after breaking a hand earlier this year that was supposed to have him out 4+ weeks.

Great point on the broken hand, I completely forgot he came back and played 2 weeks ago with that injury, and crushed OAK.

It will be interesting to see how the Jets approach tonight's game with Tebow giving them no reason to worry about the passing game against their solid pass DEF. You have to think that even on a short week, Rexy will do everything short of sacrificing a live chicken in the locker room ala Cerrano to get a WIN after losing to the Pats last week.

Jason LaCanfora tweets thusly:

Barring an unforeseen setback during warmups tonight RB Willis McGahee will play for Broncos vs. Jets on NFL Network tonight

doesn't say start but does say play ...

Jason LaCanfora tweets thusly:

doesn't say start but does say play ...

With half my team on bye, I had to go pickup Ball as a speculative pick. I have a feeling this is going to work out poorly for McGahee and Ball owners if McGahee plays. A gimpy Willis, not enough carries for Ball. Clarity should come soon enough...

not only is McGahee saying he will play, but Fox said he was actually medically cleared to come back in last week vs. KC so I'm thinking he's a full go tonight :fingerscrossed:

they won by a TD and it was a close game (biggest lead was 10, and they were only up 3 with 7 mins left in the game) ..i would think if he was able to play and cleared to play he would have seen some snaps.

With half my team on bye, I had to go pickup Ball as a speculative pick. I have a feeling this is going to work out poorly for McGahee and Ball owners if McGahee plays. A gimpy Willis, not enough carries for Ball. Clarity should come soon enough...

Even if McGahee plays the whole game, I still think Ball sees about 15-20 carries. Denver ran it 55 times last week.

since i am a glutton for punishment i went back and looked at mcgahees fantasy #s on my team (not really relevant to this topic, but it is willis)

has anyone else put him in similiarly and hit their head against the wall as many times as i have so far???

drafted him in the 11th rd (pick 126)

in 8 games this year i have started him 3 times ...1 good game and 2 awful games both in which he left ...in the other 5 i didnt start he has had 1 bad game and 4 good games including 1 spectacular game

points per week and whether i started him:

1 = 4.25 no (actually debated dropping him)

2 = 22.85 no (doh!)

3 = 12.85 no

4 = 17.80 no

5 = 20.50 yes (the only time i started him on a good game!)

6 = bye

7 = 5.6 yes (on pace for 100 yds left game in 3rd qtr!!)i lost by 2.8 pts that week!

8 = dnp no

9 = 34.30 NO! (coming off injury i think he was a game time decision)

10= 1.7 YES!!! (injured in 1st qtr!) i lost by 13

btw i am NOT starting him 2nite, i just cant risk it..i have shonn and jets D..and i will go with either stevie J or kendall hunter (or even helu if need be)

Dang, I hope he don't go off tonight....starting Bradford as a flex instead of him(can use qbs as flex) hope bradford does something for one week this season......

Is your scoring heavily weighted away from QBs? In every league I've ever played in, I could never imagine starting a non-QB over a QB at flex, unless the QB was a total scrub and the non-QB was money. Hell, guys were starting Webb last year that one night because he was listed as WR but was playing QB. And, well, I'm sure the expectations were lower for his output than they'd be for Bradford's.