[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I'm Out of the playoffs...

imgonnawin

Actually his screen name doesn't say "when" he is going to win....just that he will win. :tup:

:wacko: With his 23 posts in 9 years?

Then to add to the missing posters thread, there was also a iwinagain, who then changed his name to Tangent then Tangent1

I'm thinking that McCoy and Foster have to be the favorites to lead the RB's as the top 2 picks and Rodgers and Cam Newton should lead the way for the QB's with Newton a possible top 12 pick.

Newton's FF draft position will depend on what he has around him.

And who could forget Tebow (may his name be blessed)?

:wacko:

Never too early.

In regard to Newton being a 1st round FF pick, I seem to remember a raging argument where people were justifying Vick being picked in the first round in this year's FF drafts...

But, but, QBs score the most points, so they should be the first picks.

QB rankings:

1. Rodgers

2. Brees

3. Newton

4. Brady

5. Stafford

6. P Manning

7. E Manning

8. Romo

9. Rivers

10. Roethlisberger

Next year seems like a great year to wait on a QB. With those 10 I listed above (order doesn't really matter to me this early) their are 10 QB's right there that are starter-quality. And then add in the rookies Luck and Griffin III and Barkley depending on where they go; and then a good second-string of QBs like Fitzpatrick, Flacco, Schaub, Dalton, Freeman, Tebow and there is an abundance of start-able QBs.

I just listed 16 QBs + 3 possible rookies which makes it up to 19 that I would be happy with....this is the year to wait as long as possible on QB

QB rankings:

1. Rodgers

2. Brees

3. Newton

4. Brady

5. Stafford

6. P Manning

7. E Manning

8. Romo

9. Rivers

10. Roethlisberger

Next year seems like a great year to wait on a QB. With those 10 I listed above (order doesn't really matter to me this early) their are 10 QB's right there that are starter-quality. And then add in the rookies Luck and Griffin III and Barkley depending on where they go; and then a good second-string of QBs like Fitzpatrick, Flacco, Schaub, Dalton, Freeman, Tebow and there is an abundance of start-able QBs.

I just listed 16 QBs + 3 possible rookies which makes it up to 19 that I would be happy with....this is the year to wait as long as possible on QB

Good post, but I do have to bring up one point - with great hesitation because I don't want this thread to turn into another Tebow pissing contest - but with Tebow scoring about the same FF ppg in typical leagues as Romo, Rivers, and Roethlisberger and with a seemingly higher upside than those 3 (with the possible arguable exception of Rivers, since his performance this season is below what he has shown us consistently in the past for no overt reason), why would you consider him in the same tier as the group you listed with him?

Edited by Bronco Billy

Never too early.

In regard to Newton being a 1st round FF pick, I seem to remember a raging argument where people were justifying Vick being picked in the first round in this year's FF drafts...

Just wanted to throw this out there...

Your avatar is offensive. :wacko:

Never too early.

Like BC, I'm not one to take a QB early in formats that only start 1 QB. That said, I do think there's a difference between Newton and Vick. One of the primary knocks on Vick is how fragile he is. Not a big guy at all and takes more big hits than you'd expect a shifty guy like him to take. Newton, on the other hand, seems more durable and manages to stay out of harms way a bit more.

So, with that respect, you at least don't have that to contend with.

Ultimately, there is a place in the first round for QBs, just rarely on my draft board.

Good post, but I do have to bring up one point - with great hesitation because I don't want this thread to turn into another Tebow pissing contest - but with Tebow scoring about the same FF ppg in typical leagues as Romo, Rivers, and Roethlisberger and with a seemingly higher upside than those 3 (with the possible arguable exception of Rivers, since his performance this season is below what he has shown us consistently in the past for no overt reason), why would you consider him in the same tier as the group you listed with him?

I'd say too much risk that he cannot continue to perform as he has this season. For the same reason I'd move Newton out of that top category or much further down (I know that it wasn't supposed to be a ranking, but it obviously isn't in "no particular order" or it wouldn't start with Rodgers, Brees & Brady).

Don't play in a redraft league so it generally doesn't matter to me. The top 10-12 QBs are usually protected. In our leauge the P Manning order has Newton and it will be interesting to see what happens if Peyton comes back in 2012 (he'll probably try to trade him, I think Newton is his QB of the future).

I'd say too much risk that he cannot continue to perform as he has this season. For the same reason I'd move Newton out of that top category or much further down (I know that it wasn't supposed to be a ranking, but it obviously isn't in "no particular order" or it wouldn't start with Rodgers, Brees & Brady).

I think those are valid concerns. Just for the sake of discussion - and not to apply this to Tebow, since it applies to a guy like Newton also as well as Dalton, IMO - what would your criteria or threshold be that you would move those younger guys up into that top 10 grouping (2nd tier FF QB, if you will)? We all know that being ahead of the curve is crucial in maintaning success in FF - so how do you determine which of those guys will and will not continue to put up QB1 numbers before the general community knows?

I think those are valid concerns. Just for the sake of discussion - and not to apply this to Tebow, since it applies to a guy like Newton also as well as Dalton, IMO - what would your criteria or threshold be that you would move those younger guys up into that top 10 grouping (2nd tier FF QB, if you will)? We all know that being ahead of the curve is crucial in maintaning success in FF - so how do you determine which of those guys will and will not continue to put up QB1 numbers before the general community knows?

As I said I don't play in a redraft league so whether a top QB (like Newton/Tebow) is ranked as a top 12 or top 30 player doesn't really matter a whole lot, they are both keepers if they're top 60 (we protect 5, no restrictions).

But generally I'd say continued success over the course of a couple of seasons. And not to make it Tebow based, but Tebow to me has more to prove because

- he hasn't started a whole season

- his erratic play early in games

- his numbers are greatly impacted by rushing yards, and I'm not sure that continues

Newton's value is greatly impacted by rushing TDs more than rushing yards (gut feel, haven't looked at the stats or done much research on him)

Of all the young guys, Dalton seems the most likely to produce good long term QB numbers as a passing QB. I'd be more concerned that in year or two Tebow and Newton tail off because their rushing numbers go down.

And yes Ponder, even he looks more like a good long term passing QB.

Who knows, maybe Tebow and Netwon transform the game, and we see more and more NFL teams using QBs to rush a lot. I know there are tons of guys like that in college. But they have generally not been successful in the NFL.

And that is different than any of the last 5-8 years how?

And that is different than any of the last 5-8 years how?

Big, some will never learn. this year Stafford was my late guy. They should understand that it is not about "a good year to take a QB late" but rather "what QB can I get late that will be real good". :wacko:

Edited by Scooby's Hubby