[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Fisher to coach Rams

STL Fan

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dude...put the crack pipe down for a second. Your making a fool of yourself. I have no idea who you are talking about in your second paragraph. I never said those things. Get a grip.

As for your question, I answered it. Maybe it was a little too complicated of an answer for you. If your goal is mediocrity, then he is the best hire you can make. Frankly most hires are crapshoots anyway. So you may as well play it safe and shoot for average. that's what they got here...average. Did they hire a guy that can beat the cream of the crop in the NFC? Nope. He will be sure to beat the crap teams. But his stale ass style won't cut it against the Packers, Saints, or Niners. Dude is Cowher without a ring. Must be too dumb or too ugly to make it on TV. Retreads like Fisher prevent guys like Tomlin from getting their chance. I would rather have Tomlin than Fisher or even Cowher at this point. But if you keep recycling these old style coaches, you won't find the Tomlins and Sean Paytons of the world.

That's because it wasn't written at you. Again, if I'm the simpleton what are you when you miss the opening words of the paragraph "And GTS.." -who is also posting in this thread- and think it's aimed at you? Is your name GTS? Simpleton, perhaps? :wacko:

And 3 tries before you name names. You are very impressed with yourself. I will add this: your idea that those who think Fisher is a good coach means he's on par with Lombardi is even more stoopid than if I thought he was better than Lombardi. You need to learn to read.

Hey professor, please try and keep up. You must read all of the thread and all of my posts. Gosh.... What a dumb question. He frankly should be ranked below a ton of guys that have never been a head coach. At least with those guys you have hope of winning it all. With him you have the hope of not facing a really good team in the playoffs, because he won't be beating the good teams. Just give it some time. You will see the same coach and style you saw for years. Conservative, outdated, bland. Not going to win it all....especially with the Rams. They need to catch lightning in a bottle. I know they have tried that route already. But Fisher is the 165 pound chick at 2am that you know will do you. Nothing to get excited about.

who? Give us some names.

who? Give us some names.

It's a fair question.

Who would be the lightning in the bottle needed here? This is a team that needs some fundamental changes at the HC level. Grabbing a previous DC or OC would not work here. Grabbing someone out of college would not work here. A conservative approach with a tenured coach is a solid move by the Rams.

I would venture to guess that he'll have quite a bit of control over the roster.

It's a fair question.

Who would be the lightning in the bottle needed here? This is a team that needs some fundamental changes at the HC level. Grabbing a previous DC or OC would not work here. Grabbing someone out of college would not work here. A conservative approach with a tenured coach is a solid move by the Rams.

I would venture to guess that he'll have quite a bit of control over the roster.

Wasn't that part of the problem in Tennessee, that Bud Adams had a total man-crush on Young, before he was inevitably left with no QB or coach....

Who's to say that Fisher can't do better with a team where he might have some say in personnel, or at least a better QB to build around?

Wasn't that part of the problem in Tennessee, that Bud Adams had a total man-crush on Young, before he was inevitably left with no QB or coach....

Who's to say that Fisher can't do better with a team where he might have some say in personnel, or at least a better QB to build around?

Are you effing kidding me? Who did he have before Young? A league MVP and a three time pro bowler that's who. My god. I have never seen so many poor excuses for a coach. So when he had his top flight QB and his great defense he still won squat. And what in the hell makes anyone think this guy is all of a sudden some personnel guru? That dual type of role is hard as hell to pull off and WAAAAY greater coaches than him have tried it and failed. I honestly can't believe the pass this average coach continues to get. Unreal.

Are you effing kidding me? Who did he have before Young? A league MVP and a three time pro bowler that's who. My god. I have never seen so many poor excuses for a coach. So when he had his top flight QB and his great defense he still won squat. And what in the hell makes anyone think this guy is all of a sudden some personnel guru? That dual type of role is hard as hell to pull off and WAAAAY greater coaches than him have tried it and failed. I honestly can't believe the pass this average coach continues to get. Unreal.

still no names? :wacko:

Hey professor, please try and keep up. You must read all of the thread and all of my posts. Gosh.... What a dumb question. He frankly should be ranked below a ton of guys that have never been a head coach. At least with those guys you have hope of winning it all. With him you have the hope of not facing a really good team in the playoffs, because he won't be beating the good teams. Just give it some time. You will see the same coach and style you saw for years. Conservative, outdated, bland. Not going to win it all....especially with the Rams. They need to catch lightning in a bottle. I know they have tried that route already. But Fisher is the 165 pound chick at 2am that you know will do you. Nothing to get excited about.

Ok so according to you a guy like Fisher who has had some success as a head coach, reached the SB once and was in the conference championship game one other time has LESS CHANCE of winning a title that some guy who has never been an NFL head coach before. Because somebody who is unproven and had never tried something has more chances of success than a guy who has been near to accomplishing that goal twice.

This idiotic idea that any coach who's been around a while but hasn't won a championship isn't worth hiring, (or whatever your argument is) is pretty silly. But then I recall you saying that Cowher was nothing special, until he had won a SB. I suppose the same thing would go for Tomlin if he hadn't won, or Belicheck if he hadn't. Heck I guess Marv Levy wasn't a very good coach either since he lost all those Super Bowl games with the Bills. :wacko:

Ok so according to you a guy like Fisher who has had some success as a head coach, reached the SB once and was in the conference championship game one other time has LESS CHANCE of winning a title that some guy who has never been an NFL head coach before. Because somebody who is unproven and had never tried something has more chances of success than a guy who has been near to accomplishing that goal twice.

This idiotic idea that any coach who's been around a while but hasn't won a championship isn't worth hiring, (or whatever your argument is) is pretty silly. But then I recall you saying that Cowher was nothing special, until he had won a SB. I suppose the same thing would go for Tomlin if he hadn't won, or Belicheck if he hadn't. Heck I guess Marv Levy wasn't a very good coach either since he lost all those Super Bowl games with the Bills. :wacko:

Come on man...try and keep up. I never once said he was not worth hiring. Alll I have said is he is nothing special. He is OK. That is all. just OK. I would not be jumping for joy like some of thes efans because of him. That is all. Can you please try and understand that? I just don't believe he will make this team anything special. Sorry. Done explaining my position to people that don't read things in context.

Come on man...try and keep up. I never once said he was not worth hiring. Alll I have said is he is nothing special. He is OK. That is all. just OK. I would not be jumping for joy like some of thes efans because of him. That is all. Can you please try and understand that? I just don't believe he will make this team anything special. Sorry. Done explaining my position to people that don't read things in context.

Right, so he isn't special, he's just ok. And he should be ranked below a bunch of guys who haven't ever been head coaches before, since apparently he has a worse chance of leading his team to the title compared to those guys.

You've spent a lot of time bad mouthing Fisher, from saying he's no good, to not special, to some other modified view when challenged. And then you threw out the idea that guys who have never been a head coach have a better chance of winning with this brilliant statement (which I quoted the last time I responded to you).

"At least with those guys you have hope of winning it all. With him you have the hope of not facing a really good team in the playoffs, because he won't be beating the good teams." Sorry but that is pure crazy.

I should be done responding to you too, as you apparently don't recall nor are you willing to acknowledge what you said before. You don't like Fisher, you don't think he's a good coach and don't think he can help any teams succeed. We get that, but its just your gut backing that up, no real facts (other than he hasn't won a title before).

Fisher has had a great deal of success, even if he hasn't won a title. With coordinators, for every Mike Tomlin and Sean Payton there are five Steve Spagnolos and Scott Linehans. Odds of success are better with a known entity. Simple. No one expects Fisher to be the next Lombardi. Cool your jets, Caddyman.

Fisher has had a great deal of success, even if he hasn't won a title.

Haven't you heard? No title = not a very good coach. Levy, Marty S, Knox, Grant, those and more weren't very good because they never won a title. They were at most "OK."

Switzer however rocked. :wacko:

Haven't you heard? No title = not a very good coach. Levy, Marty S, Knox, Grant, those and more weren't very good because they never won a title. They were at most "OK."

Switzer however rocked. :wacko:

And that Marino cat sucked at QB, too.