[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Oh man, this is gonna be a disaster!

CaptainHook

there were some terrible calls in that game...the PI on that last drive was espeically bad. but on that last one, dual possession seems like a very reasonable ruling. tate had his hands on the ball the whole time. the guy 3 feet away saw dual possession and so did the reviewing ref.

Agreed. Clearly it was a td but missed PI call

There were questionable calls (and no calls) through out the game going both ways. That being said, as a Seahawks fan, I feel for the Packers, they were thoroughly hosed on that last play and that unfairly handed the Seahawks the game. The way the Seahawks played in the second half, they certainly didn't deserve it.

Maybe they were making up for that Steelers Super Bowl?

Until the Steelers get jobbed out of a Super Bowl against the Seahawks when they are the superior team on the day, nothing will ever make up for that.

there is nothing in the rule about having more possession than the other guy. closer to one guy's body is totally irrelevant.

Yep, they actually got the call right, it was just such a side show getting to that point. Ed Hochuli would have come out and said "By rule, simultaneous possession goes in the favor of the offensive team. Both players had a grasp on the ball, therefore the ruling on the field is a TD". He then would have flexed his popeye-arms and stared at the camera with a "got a problem with that bitch?" look on his face.

there is nothing in the rule about having more possession than the other guy. closer to one guy's body is totally irrelevant.

touching a ball is not possessing in any way.

"Rule 8 section 1 article 3

If a pass is caught simultaneously by two eligible opponents, and both players retain it, the ball belongs to the passers.

It is not a simultaneous catch if a player gains control first and an opponent subsequently gains joint control"

Tate never had any possession other than a hand on the ball that Jennings clearly caught and held in his possession. Tate even moved his hand off it and put it back on it.

I would completely support if the NFL comes out tomorrow, reverses the call, and awards the win to the Packers. It would be historic, but it's the only way to protect the integrity of their league right now. In fact, I'll be disappointed if they don't.

That'll never happen ... it would totally undermine the referee association.

Having your hands on the ball while another has it clasped to his chest does not equate to simultaneous possession. If so then the refs have been messing this call up for years.

touching a ball is not possessing in any way.

he wasn't just barely touching it, tate's left hand/arm was between the ball and the DB's chest. as they went to the ground both players clearly had both hands strongly on the ball. clearly the DB had "more" possession, and I think it probably could have and even should have been ruled an INT more often than not. but seeing the play over and over, I really do think that dual possession is a reasonable interpretation of that play, which is why it wasn't overturned on review. probably not even in the 10 worst ref calls of the game.

I don't either. Now people who don't even give a chit about football might watch to see how bad it is. Goodall is a genius bringing in new viewers!

Sad but true. I think the casual fan is now watching to see the games for the car crashs / refs. I wanted the Seahawks to win but anyone that's watched a football game knows that was a INT. And when they were indecisive I knew they were going to rule TD.