[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Monday Night Football

Shorttynaz

Actually Kelly wanted faster action like in college football but was told the NFL ref could only work so fast.

:shocking: Eagles look incredibly scary. Wouldn't want to play them at all. But can't help but think its only a matter of time until Vick ends up injured -- tons of plays, fair amount of runs for Vicks, combined with a few free hits on Vick are not a good combination.

I know that Kelly's offense shuffles skill position players in and out frequently. I'm interested to see how much work McCoy gets in comparison to Brown and even Polk. I was - and still am - hoping Kelly's offense would mean huge things for McCoy but it may actually not increase his stats much, especially considering this offense typically doesn't net many RB receptions and McCoy's value HAS been higher in PPR formats.

Well, so far so good for us McCoy owners. That said, the 1 catch for 5 yards does alarm the pessimist in me. But the guy that likes beer and pizza is drooling over the remainder of the stats.

Vick looks great tonight but he's not going to last all season. He's taking way too many hits diving forward when he runs and someone's going to knock his head off. At least he'll win me a matchup this week.

Yeah I was thinking the same thing too. At the beginning of the game, Vick looked a little nervous and seemed to be running around a lot. Perhaps trying to do too much, I don't know. I think the no huddle offense is bad and good for him and the Eagles. Good because they will gash up teams that are fatigued, but bad because I'm not sure Vick makes the best decisions thinking at this quick pace, and will occasionally get flustered and scramble out of the pocket. If he keeps diving head first and the protection occasionally breaks down leaving him clunked, I give him until week 4 max until he leaves a game with an injury. I think Vick could end up being a wise sell high candidate, especially if you took him as your backup.

Edited by Pistolkid

:shocking: Eagles look incredibly scary. Wouldn't want to play them at all. But can't help but think its only a matter of time until Vick ends up injured -- tons of plays, fair amount of runs for Vicks, combined with a few free hits on Vick are not a good combination.

+1

Well, so far so good for us McCoy owners. That said, the 1 catch for 5 yards does alarm the pessimist in me. But the guy that likes beer and pizza is drooling over the remainder of the stats.

Yeah, I have him in my PPR league so I'm a little worried, but since he just won me the game with that TD i'm not complaining too much.