[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Are Eagles Fantasy Gold?

Clanc3

Gruden did say Vick could have been playing possum and acting out the groin injury.. Other than Vick, Jackson and McCoy are any other Eagles worth the add? I cant imagine how many plays the Eagles could run if they were actually neck to neck or down.

Yeah, Vick looked pretty toasty by the end of the game, and McCoy won't withstand tha kind of usage. Kelly has some great ideas, but I suspect that style of play will be harder to pull off for 16 weeks than the 10-11 in college. Not to say it can't work, but there seem to be some barriers. In any case, as long as Vick and McCoy can hold up, yes I think this will be a fantasy boon.

Gruden did say Vick could have been playing possum and acting out the groin injury.. Other than Vick, Jackson and McCoy are any other Eagles worth the add? I cant imagine how many plays the Eagles could run if they were actually neck to neck or down.

A haahhh, the ole fake groin routine. The wily ole vet shows em how it's done with the pulled groin routine where he gives the defense the wounded prey look inviting them to come after him and then bam, bootleg to the end zone. I like it.

The one thought I had was that I need to go draft Chris Polk because they really looked like they are going to burn through a couple of running backs by the end of the season. It was awesome. I am not sure it is sustainable, but it was awesome.

The one thought I had was that I need to go draft Chris Polk because they really looked like they are going to burn through a couple of running backs by the end of the season. It was awesome. I am not sure it is sustainable, but it was awesome.

+1

I like Gruden for the most part, because he seems to have the right mix of knowledge and entertainment value, but sometimes he says things just for the sake of talking, it seems. Vick may have played possum 10 years ago, when Gruden coached against him, but these days, if Vick appears to be limping/hurt, it's likely because he is.

• Like 4

I was very surprised to see this offense doing so well right out of the gate. I just thought there would be more hiccups translating the Oregon offense to the pros. Not so much the scheme and principles behind it - but getting players to understand it right away, plus holding up during practices with the smaller roster size vs college.

Last night they looked very smooth.

I was surprised Brown wasn't used a bit more to lessen some of the load on McCoy. I'm assuming that has to change - but last night it was just all McCoy for the most part. They had a couple of shots of him on the sideline where he looked like he was going to pass out.

People worry about Vick getting hit while running - but it seemed like he was taking a few too many shots in the pocket last night.

This is an offense that will be fun to watch all season long.

Regarding McCoy's use, I recall one time after a play he looked at the sideline and held up his index finger on hand, appeared to be saying "one more play", then after running it again he came out and ws definitely gassed on the sideline, down on a knee, breathing hard, not even ready for some liquids.

Vick was taking too many shots period, running, in the pocket, blocking, etc. He will be hurt by mid-season if that keeps up.

Agree that this offense is going to be fun to watch. If they get in games like last night where the opposing team doesn't have the ball very much for long stretches (3 and out, the TD on defense, turnovers on offense) they will be worn out quickly and have trouble all game.

I've got McCoy in two leagues and Vick in another........ I loved the stats they were putting up this week, but also agree with everyone on how hard it will be for them to maintain this pace throughout the year......

I also saw McCoy on the sidelines on his back clearly winded a couple times.

By mid year, these guys (McCoy, Vick, & Jackson) should have massive stat lines and be some of the highest scoring players in any fantasy league!!! I'm already thinking that somewhere between weeks 8 - 10, I'm going to start looking to move these guys for top dollar, and see what other stud players I can build out my roster with!!! Granted, they will need to last that long, but if they can, they should be able to net some other really great players!

Edited by Big Dogs

Will Will be a boon for the IDPs that face them too.

Good call. I had Perry Riley going last night and got good results. Some of which is thanks to the friendly scorer in Wash but much of it due to increased opportunities the Iggles O provided.

As far as the fantasy value of Philly's O, as others have said, it should be fun to watch (and reep points rom) until the players are all injured. I think there may be some decent sell high opportunities if they put together a couple games like last night.

Everyone is worried that they will be exhausted half way through the season.. These guys get paid millions to be in shape. I really do think they can hold up.. Maybe not Vick but McCoy and Brown are young.

Just my opinion, but when people say that they're worried Player X is going to wear down, I don't necessarily think of them getting to the point where there's no gas in the tank. It's a numbers game in the NFL. Sooner or later, everybody gets hurt. The more touches/plays you're involved in, the sooner it might happen, just based off of sheer numbers. So, when I think of McCoy, I'm not so much worried that he's going to run out of gas... Like you said, these guys have spent months getting in shape, and there should be no reason why they can't perform (even at the highest of levels) for 3 hours a week. What does concern me, as a McCoy owner, is that 30+ touches/game simply increases his chances of getting hurt. Add in the fact that serious injuries may be more likely to happen when you're gassed/fatigued (slower to react, harder to brace for a fall, etc.), and I think it's a legitimate concern.

Add all of that to the fact that Vick, in general, is a somewhat reckless player, and I'm even more concerned about him. When I say reckless, I'm talking about his tendency to take unnecessary hits, not go out of bounds when he sometimes should, protect his throwing arm/shoulder, etc. Nothing personal against the guy, but he doesn't always make decisions that are in his best interest, health-wise.

Actually, I'm more concerned about Vick than McCoy, in terms of who is more likely to miss time due to injury. But, I'm less concerned about Vick, simply because I have other options in the leagues I own him in (Peyton in one, Romo in one, and RG3/Rivers in the other). In other words, Vick is my backup in the leagues where I have him, while McCoy (in the one league I drafted him) was a top-ten pick, and I'd be replacing him with BJGE or Ben Tate, either of which would be a significant dropoff in points (most likely).

• Like 1

why would you choose him over Bryce Brown?